Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:38:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How do I start a new Faucet?  (Read 272 times)
SandrasMint (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:24:07 PM

I am in the process of setting up a new Faucet. How do you think I should go about? I am a complete novice in terms of technicalities. What are few points that I have to necessarily know especially in managing a faucet as well as to successfully run it. Right from the scratch I need to build. I do not have anything with me but an idea. How do you think I should go about? Are there places that I need to visit in order to gain ideas and learn? I actually thought that some of the members in the forum would already have become experts in running faucets and crypto-websites. I have now dealt with collecting coins from a faucet but what I now would like to do is run a faucet.

I firmly believe in the idea that the only way one can show love and passion is by working in that area constantly. We are all cryptocurrency enthusiasts and one of my ways of staying twined with this community is through starting my faucet which I seriously am pursuing to do. The hurdles, the conditions, the risks, the dangers, the ideas, the coins, the crowd, the time, the community, the gain - all I have considered for myself to work into action. But also tell me, what according to you is the best faucet online? What is the nature and method they have organized themselves into? What kind of faucets do you and do our members love most?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HODL2090

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:38:45 PM

Any good project, is fueled by investments.
You can apply for a course on technical design, or hire someone who can get it done.

Do research online in additiom to making inquiries on this forum.
Plan and strategize, do not try to do too many things at a time.
RussaX

Activity: 80
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 06:46:19 PM

It is not too difficult but it depends what do you have in plan. There are some websites that offer fauces service and you just have to register, add funds to account and it can work on it's own. You get the code that you implement into your website and then you have to put ads around it to make money from it. Note that 3rd party faucets will take around 2-3% of money that is deposited for the cost of service.

It is good passive income but don't expect a lot from it. There is a lot of competition around and you will need well ranked website.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 01:10:03 AM

You understood correctly , a simple idea is not always going to be converted into successful business until it is not executed with good planning.

Few of the technical difficulties I know about faucet business.

1. Bots draining out the faucet.
2. Not much advertisement available for revenue generation.
3. using coinhive in faucets might drive away user (No traffic to site.)

You need fraud detection algorithm so that your faucet is not abused and revenue/income generation methods so that you can remain in profit.

The correct board in this forum for gaining knowledge about faucet is Micro Earnings.
and I will also suggest you to visit https://faucethub.io to understand more because faucethub.io is confluence of faucet owner and faucet claimers.

I am alive
cokroalif

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 12:22:23 PM

1. Google recaptcha account
2. Microwallet account for payout from member / visitor
3. A hosting account for Scrypt faucet
4. Altcoin capital don't forget 😛
SandrasMint (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 02:12:39 AM

Pretty easy, you set up a site, serve ads and payout from your ad revenue in btc less than what you are receiving from ads and enough to host the page. Do some research and see if you can find ad shares that pay out in btc.

You say it is easy but can you help me with some referral links to start off? I am looking at things in this chronology:

1. Design of the Faucet
2. Ad sources
3. Hosting the site
4. Recaptcha
5. Coins to give
6. Security

These are primarily being considered from my end. I am keen on acting immediately. Any advice?  
boyptc

Activity: 2982
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 02:12:48 AM

Yeah I saw some experts here that still running their faucets, I started with faucets too so you made me remember those old good days. Anyways, the risk that you need to take with that is the operation's cost. The fee for the host and domain that you need to maintain in able for your continuous run.

As for the other things needed, capital until you get someone to purchase an ad place.

Any advice? 
This article --> https://99bitcoins.com/step-by-step-guide-two-methods-to-building-a-bitcoin-faucet/

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 02:28:37 AM

You say it is easy but can you help me with some referral links to start off? I am looking at things in this chronology:

1. Design of the Faucet
2. Ad sources
3. Hosting the site
4. Recaptcha
5. Coins to give
6. Security

These are primarily being considered from my end. I am keen on acting immediately. Any advice?  

Mate you pretty much asked for everything. I'd say if you don't have the experience to "build" one yourself, it'd probably be best if you ask someone to do it for you instead. If you're planning on making a faucet solely to learn how to make one, I suggest using Google for most of the things you're asking. You're going to learn better by doing research rather than being spoonfed.

I was supposed to suggest FaucetFly but unfortunately it looks like it's dead. 🤷

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
SandrasMint (OP)

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 03:14:25 AM

1. Design of the Faucet
2. Ad sources
3. Hosting the site
4. Recaptcha
5. Coins to give
6. Security

Mate you pretty much asked for everything. I'd say if you don't have the experience to "build" one yourself, it'd probably be best if you ask someone to do it for you instead. If you're planning on making a faucet solely to learn how to make one, I suggest using Google for most of the things you're asking. You're going to learn better by doing research rather than being spoonfed.

I was supposed to suggest FaucetFly but unfortunately it looks like it's dead. 🤷

Well I am validating the chronology of things to be done. If there is anything that you can help me with, do let me know. I am getting started and also am searching online further whenever necessary, its just that I am validating what I am doing and if there is anything that I have missed to consider in the primary level. Asking someone else to do for me amounts to 'I did not 'build' it'. Experience has to begin somewhere. Yes, Faucetfly looks dead. If there is anything I need consider please do let me know.
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 10:50:28 AM

FaucetFly is so old school Never heard off Faucethero?  i guess not lol

Nope. It's been more than a year or two since I've last tried out FaucetFly, when I was starting out with bitcoin and was trying out random things in the bitcoin ecosystem.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 03:09:30 PM

It's not that easy to run faucet and it's not very profitable thing, especially when your faucet is new. Many of advertising networks don't accept faucets at all. Others have high requirements to get accepted. So, when you're new, there is very limited choices of advertising networks. Now faucet owners are forced to use popups, Coinhive miners and shortlinks to get revenue. And after all it's likely that you will only earn money just to cover payments to users and pay for hosting. And owning a faucet means never ending fight with bots. Also, it's really difficult to get decent traffic nowadays. No traffic - no revenue.
Now about your questions:
1. You don't have to make design, there are already made scripts available: http://bitcoins4free.ml/faucet-scripts/ You can customize your faucet, change layout in user panel without knowledge in coding.
2. Here is full list of Bitcoin advertising networks: http://www.bitcoins4free.ml/overview-bitcoin-advertising-networks/
3. Don't use free hosting services. There are cheap hosting services like Hostinger which are good for faucets. Or you can try Faucethero, but on this service you have more limited ways to monetize faucet.
4. Recaptcha is safest captcha, but sometimes it's too difficult to solve, so it would be good to have alternative options like SolveMedia or CoinHive captcha.
5. Just use coins which are available on Faucethub. Bitcoin, Dogecoin and Ethereum are the most popular, for coins like Potcoin it will be difficult to get traffic.
6. It's the most difficult question. There are no 100% safe protection because abusers are really smart. My suggestions - buy Faucethub Premium membership, it gives you their Anti-fraud system protection.
mjglqw, Faucetfly are still alive, but I don't recommend to use it, because it's scammy service and many faucet visitors avoid to claim from faucets hosted on Faucetfly. josh20 is right, Faucethero is much better.

Alone055

Activity: 1004
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2018, 04:39:31 PM

A few points about the faucets and their use in the current Bitcoin ecosystem.

1. Faucets are not receiving as much attention as they used to back in the time. People rarely visit faucets with only the function to pay a few satoshis for a specific period of time. Though some faucets with extra functionalities like lotteries or Hi-Lo games are doing quite well - FreeBitco.in is an example of that.

2. Faucets are not really profitable anymore, if earning money through it is what you have in mind. A website earns money through the advertisements it gets (a part of which would go to the claimers of the faucet), and to have enough advertisement a site would require a good enough amount of visitors every day, which is hard to get since I said earlier that there are only a countable amount of people willing to claim a few satoshis from a faucet unless it offers something else for their entertainment.

3. As said by someone else earlier, such services are often abused by people utilizing bots to claim rewards for them. Keeping your faucet safe from such things would require a lot of work and research about security precautions and you would even need to keep changing the human verification methods after some time since after every few months the previous method gets easy for the abusers to bypass. All these things require a lot of time, and if you are not earning enough from it, its not really worth the time you may need to spend on it.

My suggestion to you would be to take your time and think of something different than just a faucet that would offer a small amount of satoshis to a user for a specified amount of time. The more interesting your concept would be, the more traffic you would get, and more traffic means more advertisement offers and that would generate a good enough revenue for you beside the money you may earn through other things you have in your site, like a Dice game or something.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: