Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:30:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you make money of bitcointalk?  (Read 829 times)
CristianOff (OP)

Activity: 421
Merit: 97

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:14:43 PM
Merited by OgNasty (1), WeiWangg (1)

I read this topic in Meta where the user claims that:
Unlock please. This is my only income from this single account. I took a signature once, I didn't get anything. I participate only in generosity.

How is Bitcointalk his source of income? Was he an administrator that was getting paid or is there any opportunity for passive/active income on Bitcointalk? Do people with higher ranks get income from this forum?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BestWebCreator

Activity: 675
Merit: 513

:)

View Profile
December 26, 2018, 10:53:53 PM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (1)

When you rank up your account, you will get more features for your signature space(space below every post u make). U can sell this space and in return run some ads of a company there. That is what called a signature campaign. Usually the higher ur rank the more u get paid for posting with ads in ur signature.

Moderators also get paid by Theymos I believe. But that person u quoted is refering to a signature campaign. It is not passive income, it requires u to make posts.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 6359

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 12:12:32 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

There are only 2 ways that I am aware of.

1- Renting your signature an avatar once you rank up.

it's not much of an income, and requires some work, but still better than nothing if you are willing to make the effort.

2-Trading goods and services

you can find a lot of good deals on the marketplace, i personally traded a lot of digital goods on the forum. if you have the skills you can always find some great deals on the market place, but indeed you need some capital to start with and to be aware of scams.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 12:36:15 AM

Staff members are getting paid, but as said by user above, that user isn't one of mods.
This forum have unique thing called signature campaigns. Basically, you put advertisement into your signature space and advertiser are paying for every post that you make. Usually you get paid in Bitcoins or ICO tokens. It can be called passive income, because you have to post in order to get paid. But it's really nice to get paid just by doing things that you like - discuss about cryptocurrencies.
1- Renting your signature an avatar once you rank up.

it's not much of an income, and requires some work, but still better than nothing if you are willing to make the effort.
If you live in rich country it's not much. But people from third world countries can earn more than average vage just by posting in this forum. So many people "work" at Bitcointalk instead of going to common jobs. And if they lose this their only source of income, like in example in OP, it hurts them seriously.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 09:11:47 AM
Merited by paxmao (2)

Apart from the signarure campaigns, and staff remuneration, there are a few things you can do.

As has been mentioned, you can trade crypto, or sell goods, but you need to be an established member with trust to do this effectively.

Another way is to be active and provide help for members. If you include your Bitcoin address in your signature, then you may receive tips by grateful members.

You can also build sites with helpful content, and monetise those. If you include links in your signature, then you can start to pick up some revenue. The Brave browser and Steemit are ways to earn crypto from your sites.
CristianOff (OP)

View Profile
December 27, 2018, 01:16:41 PM

Apart from the signarure campaigns, and staff remuneration, there are a few things you can do.

As has been mentioned, you can trade crypto, or sell goods, but you need to be an established member with trust to do this effectively.

Another way is to be active and provide help for members. If you include your Bitcoin address in your signature, then you may receive tips by grateful members.

You can also build sites with helpful content, and monetise those. If you include links in your signature, then you can start to pick up some revenue. The Brave browser and Steemit are ways to earn crypto from your sites.

Thanks everyone and especially you, my dear legendary user for letting me know about Brave browser and Steemit. While the money generated from them may not be huge in top tier countries, they are nice projects worth following.
Thanks all for expanding my knowledge on the type of 'deals' that some bitcointalk users have!
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 01:31:24 PM

I can give you a promo code for Brave, and that helps both of us. Send me a pm if you are interested.
Asian_Dynasty

Activity: 186
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2018, 04:03:44 PM

Unlock please. This is my only income from this single account. I took a signature once, I didn't get anything. I participate only in generosity.

How is Bitcointalk his source of income? Was he an administrator that was getting paid or is there any opportunity for passive/active income on Bitcointalk? Do people with higher ranks get income from this forum?

Take a part in Signature companies of ICO projects. The ICO releases a signature with a code embedded in it. The ranking of the participants who post this signature determines the number of stakes they get. 
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 11:43:14 AM

If you live in rich country it's not much. But people from third world countries can earn more than average vage just by posting in this forum. So many people "work" at Bitcointalk instead of going to common jobs. And if they lose this their only source of income, like in example in OP, it hurts them seriously.
Sad to say but there are really cases where someone left his job or refuse to find job anymore and just focus on joining sig campaigns inside here Sad. I feel pity for them because they think that becoming a campaign advertiser gives them a brighter future unlike working to a job according to their profession — they choose easy money from a self fulfilling source of income.

Hmm, I wonder what those kind of people doing right now knowing the fact that sig campaigns are very rare recently.
Pmalek
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 7095

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 02:36:24 PM

I was always wondering are there any places outside of the forum where people offer signature campaigns on BT? Might be a weird question but it just something i was thinking about.
RussaX

Activity: 80
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 28, 2018, 04:18:52 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2018, 04:29:48 PM by RussaX

I feel that sig campaigns hurt this forum and should be either banned or have serious rules.
All that we get to see from those campaigns is spam, bots and low quality posts. This hurts the forum as a community because with low content quality you don't get constructive threads, a lot of posts get ignored and in the end even campaign owners don't get the best out of it from such community.
Poor community will repel all good members.

It is like a paradox, the better te forum is, you get more good paid campaigns. With good campaigns there come the shitposters which make forum low quality. Low quality forum leads to no campaigns and no campaigns will result with less shit posters and return of the more quality.  Grin
I am not sure if in practice works like that but hopefully we won't get into low quality spiral. Merit system and strict rules seem to help a bit. Forum has a lot of publicity, history and quality members and with some time I hope we will see bright days.

soulcancer

Activity: 276
Merit: 12

Life is toxic...CHUG IT!!

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 02:43:52 AM

you open several accounts...
you post awesome reviews of the merit system in the meta section...
everyone gives you merit for being a suck-ass (cuz u cant hardly get it by posting anything about crypto)...
you collect enough merit to work all of the accounts up to full members or higher by suck-ass posting about merit, and then sharing merit among your various accounts...
(dont worry, they wont do anything to you even if someone offers proof of your scam)
next you do signature bounties on some of the pNd shitcoins on here...
then you wait for the devs to build up the market and dump your trash the day before they do...
easy!!

jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 12, 2019, 05:43:39 PM

Sad to say but there are really cases where someone left his job or refuse to find job anymore and just focus on joining sig campaigns inside here Sad. I feel pity for them because they think that becoming a campaign advertiser gives them a brighter future unlike working to a job according to their profession — they choose easy money from a self fulfilling source of income.

Hmm, I wonder what those kind of people doing right now knowing the fact that sig campaigns are very rare recently.

This "pity" is kind of ridiculous, imo. Many bounty hunters are far from destitute. When I participated in the DeepOnion campaign (although short lived), I was earning US$1,200 per week. That is more than many throughout the world earn in a year- for just a couple hours of work. Of course, most campaigns are not going to pay anywhere near that amount, but even earning 5-10% of that for a couple of hours of work a week is not bad income. Consider that people who quit jobs to do this full-time are working well over a couple hours a week.

Not that everyone does that well- lower accounts obviously don't earn as much and those without dilligence that sink time into scams can end up wasting a lot of their time. But overall, bounty hunters do alright.
CristianOff (OP)

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 01:05:00 AM

This "pity" is kind of ridiculous, imo. Many bounty hunters are far from destitute. When I participated in the DeepOnion campaign (although short lived), I was earning US$1,200 per week. That is more than many throughout the world earn in a year- for just a couple hours of work. Of course, most campaigns are not going to pay anywhere near that amount, but even earning 5-10% of that for a couple of hours of work a week is not bad income. Consider that people who quit jobs to do this full-time are working well over a couple hours a week.

Not that everyone does that well- lower accounts obviously don't earn as much and those without dilligence that sink time into scams can end up wasting a lot of their time. But overall, bounty hunters do alright.

$1.2k a week? That's as good as in the most developed countries, maybe even better. I know people in Italy who are happy to be earning €500 a month.
I never heard of this DeepOnion campaign but I now checked, I can see it reached nearly $20! There are just 21 million in supply and it seems pretty much
a dead cryptocurrency. If you invested in Deep Onion I believe you've got a very nice car in the present  Grin
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 08:35:19 AM

$1.2k a week? That's as good as in the most developed countries, maybe even better. I know people in Italy who are happy to be earning €500 a month.

Funny but in my county it will take you about a year or even more to earn that amount as explained here

Altcoin Bounty are things of the past right now just like ICOs. I believe only paid bitcoin campaign can give you decent income but until then what can one do?  Promote those you believe in I guess.
kukelka

Activity: 186
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 10:39:03 AM

Can you guys link me to some thread where all info is about these signature campaigns?
Also is there any info about profiles ranks and rates which profiles gets?
voltesbit777

Activity: 910
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 02:36:38 PM

According to my experienced here in the forum, I found out that there is no passive income or active profit here. Unless, if all Bounty ico campaign are actively giving the rewards after their project. But that is not what happen at this point of time since 2018 unlike in 2017 most of the bounty campaign are very active and I could say that time there is a passive income. But having a higher rank here in the forum is an advantage that's the truth.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 11:40:16 PM

Funny but in my county it will take you about a year or even more to earn that amount as explained here

Altcoin Bounty are things of the past right now just like ICOs. I believe only paid bitcoin campaign can give you decent income but until then what can one do?  Promote those you believe in I guess.

I never heard of this DeepOnion campaign but I now checked, I can see it reached nearly $20! There are just 21 million in supply and it seems pretty much
a dead cryptocurrency. If you invested in Deep Onion I believe you've got a very nice car in the present  Grin

I didn't invest in DeepOnion- which is why the campaign was "short lived" for me. They were primarily distributing DEEP via their highly curated signature campaign. I did it for a few weeks in November until they changed it so your campaign payout was proportionate to how many coins you were staking. This was in November of 2017, so I actually would have made a shitload more if I had stuck with it for a bit longer. The project is a scam- it was situated so that moderators and developers were earning most of the money, guys like me were doing alright, and everyone else was shilling the fuck out of the project for nothing.

Earnings are definitely lower than the bull market- but bounty hunting isn't dead. As a legendary member, I obviously earn more than the average participant, and by targeting campaigns that pay high premiums to legendary members, I'm doing pretty well. $1k per month for 1-2 hours of activity a day is still very achievable. Even the paid in BTC campaigns can pay a few hundred a month.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 12:10:59 AM

Can you guys link me to some thread where all info is about these signature campaigns?
Also is there any info about profiles ranks and rates which profiles gets?
You're here for more than a year, it's strange that you still didn't discovered these things. Here is all information about Bitcoin paying campaigns:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0
It's quite difficult to join these campaigns, so many people participate in altcoin bounties which pay in ICO tokens. Earnings in bounties aren't fixed, it mainly depends on success of ICO.

It's amazing earnings, but such generous campaigns are very rare. And in my opinion it's quite stupid to quit job and become full time bounty hunter. In regular job you get maybe not high, but stable wage which are enough for your needs usually. While income from bounties aren't stable. You can be lucky to join campaign like DeepOnion, but next time from another bounty you will get maybe $20 in total. I'm not even talking about large number of scam bounties when you get nothing after your work. So, I think that bounties is nice way to get extra cash, in some cases you can even get second wage or more, but I don't think it should be considered as full time job.
UserU

Activity: 2016
Merit: 531

FREE passive income eBook @ tinyurl.com/PIA10

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 04:03:54 AM

While signature campaigns are the prime focus here, there's another conventional, albeit less/ more rewarding method. Linking a website in your profile, signature or posts.

That only applies if you have one though, and the traffic is substantial to generate ad revenue.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: