Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:55:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ZANO] New Sources|1st ProgPowZ|PoW/PoS Hybrid|Scalable|Private|Contracting  (Read 36416 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2019, 05:07:43 PM

For anyone else eagerly awaiting the BBR-ZANO swap:

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2019, 10:11:07 PM

Hey guys! Brand new Zano build 1.0.40 is here for you with a plenty of improvements.
It has an important fixed so @everyone is encouraged to update asap!

Note: you may already know that the correct time settings is vital for your Zano node (especially if you're staking) and having incorrect time may lead to connectivity and mining issues.
To keep the network healthy we implemented time issues detection for both GUI wallet and the daemon in this build.

[ * ] wallets cross-system portability fixed.
[ * ] GUI: fixed currency ratio mechanism.
[ * ] GUI: fixed a problem with starting the application from non-ascii file path.
[ + ] daemon: implemented time sync issues detection. The daemon will stop on huge time error, a user may disable this using --disable-stop-if-time-out-of-sync command-line option.
[ + ] GUI: implemented time sync issues detection. The wallet will show a warning message on huge time error.
[ * ] simplewallet: password is not required when running the wallet in RPC mode. If it is not specified the password will be prompted interactively (more secure in some environments).
[ * ] simplewallet: integrated_address command now requires hex-encoded payment id instead of plain-text.

Windows:
INST: http://build.zano.org:8081/builds/zano-win-x64-release-v1.0.40[f77f0d7]-installer.exe
ZIP: http://build.zano.org:8081/builds/zano-win-x64-release-v1.0.40[f77f0d7].zip

Linux:
http://build.zano.org:8081/builds/zano-linux-x64-release-v1.0.40[f77f0d7].tar.bz2

macOS:
http://build.zano.org:8081/builds/zano-macos-x64-release-v1.0.40[f77f0d7].dmg

GPU:
http://build.zano.org:8081/sowle/progminer-zano-cuda.exe
http://build.zano.org:8081/sowle/progminer-zano-opencl.exe
http://build.zano.org:8081/sowle/progminer-zano-cpu.exe
Build-in stratum for solo mining: https://github.com/hyle-team/docs/blob/master/zano/zano_stratum.md

SHA256 checksums are available via github: https://github.com/hyle-team/zano/releases/tag/1.0.40

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 04:22:45 PM

Hi folks! We spent some time carefully examining our consensus mechanism (special thanks for this to Max Sanchez, www.veriblock.org), and concluded that it should be improved. We described in detail the essence of the problem and the proposed solution so that all crypto enthusiasts could review it and send us a criticism/feedback.
Hardfork related to this improvement is planned for the next few weeks.

https://github.com/hyle-team/docs/raw/master/zano/PoS_Analysis_and_improvements_proposal.pdf

igotek

Activity: 2030
Merit: 608

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2019, 07:32:25 AM

How to mining ZANO on HiveOS ?

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !
shera037

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2019, 01:58:37 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2019, 02:15:36 PM by shera037

zano opencl progminer not connecting to pool

Any help please

Error when start miner

progminer-zano-opencl.exe --opencl --pool stratum1+tcp://excange_wallet@zano.luckypool.io:8877

progminer 1.1.2-9+commit.f0197778
Build: windows/release/msvc

i 15:55:14 main      Configured pool zano.luckypool.io:8877
 i 15:55:14 <unknown> Selected pool zano.luckypool.io:8877
 i 15:55:14 <unknown> Negotiation of Eth-Proxy compatible failed. Change your connection parameters
 i 15:55:14 <unknown> Disconnected from zano.luckypool.io:8877
 i 15:55:14 <unknown> No connection. Suspend mining ...
 i 15:55:14 <unknown> No more connections to try. Exiting...
 i 15:55:14 main      Got interrupt ...
 i 15:55:14 main      Terminated!
shera037

View Profile
June 25, 2019, 06:06:05 PM

When coinswap will be enabled ?? BBR to ZANO

June 1st is what I heard.

Any news about "coinswap" BBR to ZANO
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2019, 09:34:32 PM

Good news!

Happy to announce that CoinSwap from Boolberry to Zano will start on 30 of June!

More details here can be found here:

https://medium.com/@zano_project/coinswap-announcement-216e2063d71c

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2019, 06:34:55 PM

COINSWAP IS ON

https://medium.com/@zano_project/coinswap-launch-b76e78192366

OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2019, 05:35:41 PM

Swap done. Couldn't have been easier. Thanks!

vaporware asset wizard

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 07:39:31 AM

I have an old keys file from June 2014, can I still import those private keys into the latest BBR wallet?
minerjed

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 04:38:56 PM

I have an old keys file from June 2014, can I still import those private keys into the latest BBR wallet?

i believe so yes i would save a copy of it as a backup then try to import
Oxyhydrate

Activity: 2

View Profile
July 06, 2019, 07:04:05 PM

Installed latest zano wallet on win10 x64. No antivirus softwore installed. BBR wallet works fine. When I am trying to startup the Zano wallet it's hanging for a while, after few minutes it's close itself. What should I do now? I want to swap my BBR coins.
tbearhere
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 08, 2019, 12:58:34 AM

Installed latest zano wallet on win10 x64. No antivirus softwore installed. BBR wallet works fine. When I am trying to startup the Zano wallet it's hanging for a while, after few minutes it's close itself. What should I do now? I want to swap my BBR coins.

Try asking on zano discord .... link on the OP.  Smiley
crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2019, 12:07:27 PM

You should not have any problem with opening an old wallet in last Boolberry software.

You can report this problem here: https://jira.hyle.io/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa or write me a personal message in Discord https://discord.gg/wE3rmYY (i'm crypto_zoidberg there).
Please provide a full description of the problem, including operating system version, amount of physical RAM, CPU and most important - please attach log file (https://docs.zano.org/docs/reporting-issues)

OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2019, 11:50:07 AM

Some questions:

3.6m BBR have been swapped to Zano so far. If only 6m BBR in total are swapped, then you will burn the remaining unclaimed 7.8m Zano from the swap pool.
After the burn, the usable supply would be around 9.8m making the premine of 3.69m around 37% of the usable supply. Plus you will be staking the premine as previously stated.

• Will you burn a proportionate amount of the premine to bring it down to 20% of the usable supply?
  • Who controls the premined Zano?
  • Are they in a multisig address?
  • Will any of the premine be locked for any period of time or is it all immediately spendable?
  • Who decides how they are spent/distributed?
  • Will you be selling any of the premine (privately or publicly) to get funds in fiat or Bitcoin?

Thanks.

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2019, 12:49:55 PM

Some questions:

3.6m BBR have been swapped to Zano so far. If only 6m BBR in total are swapped, then you will burn the remaining unclaimed 7.8m Zano from the swap pool.
After the burn, the usable supply would be around 9.8m making the premine of 3.69m around 37% of the usable supply. Plus you will be staking the premine as previously stated.

• Will you burn a proportionate amount of the premine to bring it down to 20% of the usable supply?
  • Will any of the premine be locked for any period of time or is it all immediately spendable?
  • Will you be selling any of the premine (privately or publicly) to get funds in fiat or Bitcoin?

Thanks.

Hi OrsonJ!

Thank you for your questions, I believe a most of Zano holders/supporters interested to get answers to these questions and it's important to make this clear and transparent.
We preparing a post about premine structure on medium and will publish it in next days, but I'm happy to write answers here on bitcointalk.

Will you burn a proportionate amount of the premine to bring it down to 20% of the usable supply?
No. We won't burn premined coins from dev fund, finance structure will be explained in post that I mentioned, but basically, we need to get the number of coins mined from dev fund to cover development, marketing, and PR expenses.

Who controls the premined Zano?
Zano premine is controlled by Zano Foundation, which consists of founders and advisers(team and advisers will be also published on the website in next days).

Are they in a multisig address?
The nature of multisig is not allowing to do autonomous PoS mining.

Will any of the premine be locked for any period of time or is it all immediately spendable?
All coins that supposed to be involved in PoS mining can't be locked, because the actual process of creating PoS block is basically sending a coin to yourself in coinbase transaction.

Who decides how they are spent/distributed?
As it was answered in another question, Zano premine is controlled by Zano Foundation, but most of the development funds are planned to keep as an asset for generating coins. This provides us a long term source of financial support for the project.

Will you be selling any of the premine (privately or publicly) to get funds in fiat or Bitcoin?
It's possible, we probably would consider this type of deals for some potential partners, but these deals(if it happens) will be public and transparent.

OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2019, 03:50:43 PM

Some questions:

Thanks.

Hi OrsonJ!

Thank you for your questions, I believe a most of Zano holders/supporters interested to get answers to these questions and it's important to make this clear and transparent.
We preparing a post about premine structure on medium and will publish it in next days, but I'm happy to write answers here on bitcointalk.

Will you burn a proportionate amount of the premine to bring it down to 20% of the usable supply?
No. We won't burn premined coins from dev fund, finance structure will be explained in post that I mentioned, but basically, we need to get the number of coins mined from dev fund to cover development, marketing, and PR expenses.

Who controls the premined Zano?
Zano premine is controlled by Zano Foundation, which consists of founders and advisers(team and advisers will be also published on the website in next days).

Are they in a multisig address?
The nature of multisig is not allowing to do autonomous PoS mining.

Will any of the premine be locked for any period of time or is it all immediately spendable?
All coins that supposed to be involved in PoS mining can't be locked, because the actual process of creating PoS block is basically sending a coin to yourself in coinbase transaction.

Who decides how they are spent/distributed?
As it was answered in another question, Zano premine is controlled by Zano Foundation, but most of the development funds are planned to keep as an asset for generating coins. This provides us a long term source of financial support for the project.

Will you be selling any of the premine (privately or publicly) to get funds in fiat or Bitcoin?
It's possible, we probably would consider this type of deals for some potential partners, but these deals(if it happens) will be public and transparent.

Thanks crypto_zoindberg. What you say about not being able to lock or use a multisig address for coins that are staking makes sense. Will you have to take any special measures to ensure the security of the premine?

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2019, 03:55:20 PM

Thanks crypto_zoindberg. What you say about not being able to lock or use a multisig address for coins that are staking makes sense. Will you have to take any special measures to ensure the security of the premine?

Well, we as much concerned about the safety of our main assets, so I don't even think that it's a good idea to share any details about special measures.

crypto_zoidberg (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2019, 07:07:54 PM

Post with description of premine structure:

https://medium.com/@zano_project/zano-development-fund-breakdown-5d320a6a88f2

OrsonJ

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2019, 05:56:40 PM

Well, we as much concerned about the safety of our main assets, so I don't even think that it's a good idea to share any details about special measures.

I appreciate you wouldn't want to give out any specific details of technological measures you might want to take. My point is, without multisig or time-locks isn't it difficult to ensure that no one individual is in a position to steal the funds (or fake their theft) and pull an exit scam once the coin hits a certain value?  Obviously you might reply that we should feel confident placing our trust in the fine upstanding people of the Zano Foundation... and that may be true, but something requiring a little less trust would be preferable and would help ease my worried mind.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: