Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:13:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Topic title change  (Read 3134 times)
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2011, 11:57:31 PM

i'm not interested in making any title suggestions, i was fine with what was originally, if you felt the title needed to be changed - all fine, until you decided to put words in my mouth and edit original thread topic with it. 
I pointed out it was unfair act on your part being a mod here, I didn't ask for thread deletion as you tried to hint as i voluntarily participated in discussion, all i asked for was to remove false statement as it didn't come out of my mouth like you made it sound like in the topic.

you kept disrespecting me and joking around it due to some principle which prohibits you to recognize when you are at fault.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 12:02:06 AM

Okay, whatever Serge, I've lost interest in you.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 12:04:48 AM

and btw topic stays as it was unchanged meaning you still don't recognize what you did was wrong as a mod!

i don't give %#$# about your interests and after that thread would tell to your face to go fuck yourself if we met.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 12:14:49 AM

Uhh... MoonShadow? If the OP matches the title, but the discussion doesn't, you split the discussion. Yes, even if that only leaves the original thread with one post. If you can't figure out a good title for the split, just leave the default. In my opinion, the only time you should should be changing a title, other than the typical administrative reasons, is if the title doesn't even match the OP.

Maged
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 12:33:37 AM

It wasn't very clean, but I think I did a decent job splitting that thread.

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 12:55:03 AM

MoonShadow failed as a fair Mod after he decided to change another thread topic with statement make sound like coming from me that I haven't said, then failed to recognize what he did was wrong while acting disrespectfully and making jokes about it.
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 01:44:58 AM

MoonShadow failed as a fair Mod after he decided to change another thread topic with statement make sound like coming from me that I haven't said, then failed to recognize what he did was wrong while acting disrespectfully and making jokes about it.
No, the failure wasn't his - it was ours (the other mods). We should have been online to help him out by providing an unbiased view to the topic, as he alludes to here:
I hotlinked this tread into the staff/mod section hours ago, and no one has come to your defense.  I'm not entirely sure why you believe that you have a grievence, nor do I believe that the title that I chose misrepresents this thread.  This has been going on all day now, and you still have not offered an alternative title, nor apparently were willing (or able, perhaps) to get another mod to change/delete anything.
The fact that he asked for this help, and none was quickly provided, shows that he did exactly what a fair mod should do.

Sorry about that.

dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 01:47:04 AM

No moderator should ever change a title to place any blame on a user. Since by definition these threads are opinion-based, placing "thinks" or "says" next a a user's name is stating that the argument is less strong than its reverse. MoonShadow would not have changed a thread to "MoonShadow says piracy is good", so it does not make sense to change Serge's thread in that manner.

Rather, these threads should be named "Piracy is bad", "piracy is good", "piracy is not copying", etc.
Maged
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 01:53:57 AM

(forgot to add this to my last post)
As for him being disrespectful and making jokes, as long as it doesn't effect his moderating, he is entitled to express his personal opinions on this forum. You'll notice that none of your posts, nor the original thread, were ever deleted.
No moderator should ever change a title to place any blame on a user. Since by definition these threads are opinion-based, placing "thinks" or "says" next a a user's name is stating that the argument is less strong than its reverse. MoonShadow would not have changed a thread to "MoonShadow says piracy is good", so it does not make sense to change Serge's thread in that manner.

Rather, these threads should be named "Piracy is bad", "piracy is good", "piracy is not copying", etc.
I agree completely with you on that. Unless a thread is about someone, they shouldn't be mentioned in the topic's subject line. But again, he tried soliciting new names for the thread, and none were given. You can't blame him for that.

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 03:44:40 PM

I agree completely with you on that. Unless a thread is about someone, they shouldn't be mentioned in the topic's subject line. But again, he tried soliciting new names for the thread, and none were given. You can't blame him for that.

this is exactly what this is about.  mOONsHADOW acted irresponsibly and childishly. he disregarded various requests to take away false claims he made as though they are mine using his mod privileges.
and what's even worse and more saddening is board admin/s didn't find anything wrong with that and acted like it is all good on mod's part.  this is not some ghetto irc where such behavior may be encouraged by the adolescent peers.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12864

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 08:40:27 PM

It was incorrect, but all he did was change a topic title. Andrew Bitcoiner could have changed the title back at any time. It's not a big deal.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Serge
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 09:14:11 PM

It was incorrect, but all he did was change a topic title. Andrew Bitcoiner could have changed the title back at any time. It's not a big deal.

it's not a big deal when it doesn't effect you directly. i got that.

bet it would be whole different story if false statement was put in topic about you or moonshadow without your ability to fix it and whoever did that and can fix it just ignores you while making runaround jokes about it.
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 05, 2011, 11:54:25 PM

I doubt you could create a thread title that would upset me, that wouldn't get deleted by some other mod first.  I would either refute the title, or ignore you.  It's not easy to upset me, so I can't really relate to those who are easily offended.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 01:03:26 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2011, 02:33:48 AM by Serge

who the fuck cares about upsetting you? are you dumb?

here are some facts:

You made a bad title, i should say not out of your best intentions
You've been pointed out that it was wrong numerous times
You kept laughing it off, effectively derailing the thread because it was fun to you also trying to blame me that i derailed it - if you acted quickly fixing your error, there would not be all of this debate.
You can't admit that what you did was wrong much less be a man enough to apologize for your action and keep bringing bunch of irrelevant arguments instead.
MoonShadow (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 03:53:20 AM

who the fuck cares about upsetting you? are you dumb?

here are some facts:

You made a bad title, i should say not out of your best intentions

Whether a title is 'bad' or not is a subjective opinion, not a fact.

You've been pointed out that it was wrong numerous times

Only by yourself, who held such an opinion.

You kept laughing it off, effectively derailing the thread because it was fun to you also trying to blame me that i derailed it - if you acted quickly fixing your error, there would not be all of this debate.

It was literally impossible for me to have acted quickly enough to have satisfied you. 

You can't admit that what you did was wrong much less be a man enough to apologize for your action and keep bringing bunch of irrelevant arguments instead.

If I agreed that I had done something wrong, I would apologize for it.  I simply changed to title to reflect my impressions of the thread as concisely as I could think of.  And I still believe that it was an accurate assessment of your perspectives, even if you never literally said as much.

Serge
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 04:52:45 PM

Using your mod privileges to broadcast false statement about particular member. - My subjective opinion you are in the wrong.

Did I ever say that all board members are pirates?
Who the fuck are you to broadcast public (and false mind you) statements in my name?
Your action was clear and deliberate insult, supported even further with your jokes afterwards. For a mod - it is way out of line.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: