Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:50:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Grin | PoW Mining | Electronic transactions for all. Community driven.  (Read 73503 times)
Hullo

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 10:45:54 AM

Since there is rapid growing interest in Grin among crypto community  seeing that I can say development funds collection method of donation of buying swag will be effective and more and more people will contribute. I started with buying question because want to save time anyway I am going through reading. I will be looking at that exchange to see how can I proceed to buy from there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dominguero

Activity: 427
Merit: 212

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 10:53:04 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2019, 02:16:07 PM by dominguero

you draw conclusions too fast, it depends on how much it would cost, with CPU you will not get much on any coin. in my rough estimation it will be on pair with other cpu minable coins if it will cost ~12$ or ~50k sat per coin. the estimation is based on first 12h of mining and can be totally inaccurate in the long run.

Yes I draw a too fast conclusion, because its my conclusion.

I only mining (by CPU) news coins in the first days/weeks. I havennt a rig, and dont want one, becouse I couldnt waste too much electricity.

In my particular case, this coin is not profitable, because I mining only for short run, i taked good profitable with other coins (Raven, Turtle, Bitsum, Aeon, Masari, Dero, Croat, Yenten...) the last year (my first year in cripto) mining only by CPU in the first days/weeks.

Of course I mining a lot of shitcoins, and i would never become in a rich man, but i like my system, its entertaining me.
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 12:10:44 PM

any exchanges listed yet?

New exchange https://www.bibox.com/exchange?coinPair=GRIN_BTC

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
ExuraIco

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 12:34:14 PM

I've been getting about 7.5 GPS steady on my x2 1070s and x1 1060 6gb on Grinmint with almost no downtime, however even with full fans the cards are getting pretty hot

Has anyone found an undervolt/overclock that improves performance and/or lowers temps for c29?

Also has anyone tried mining c31 on cards with less than 11gb or c29 on cards with less than 8gb?

I found a mining OS that lets you mine c29/c31 GRIN on 4GB cards that I am going to be trying later today but just wanted to see what others had tried
tytanick
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 12:48:00 PM

We just released fixed miner version in our simplemining.net Operating System:

grin-miner-v1.0.0-fix1 (added 4th option with possibility of select plugin: cuckaroo_cuda_29 (default if no specified), cuckatoo_mean_cuda_gtx_31, cuckatoo_mean_cuda_rtx_31. Also fixed gtx_31 plugin for lower memory usage)

Is it now working with less memory ?

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
nm1md

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 01:41:46 PM

Did someone got this error when trying to mine grin with bminer ?
Undefined but requested solver: cuckaroo29

I have rx580 8gb gpus.

Thanks !
DSMKSM

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 01:54:15 PM

We just released fixed miner version in our simplemining.net Operating System:

grin-miner-v1.0.0-fix1 (added 4th option with possibility of select plugin: cuckaroo_cuda_29 (default if no specified), cuckatoo_mean_cuda_gtx_31, cuckatoo_mean_cuda_rtx_31. Also fixed gtx_31 plugin for lower memory usage)

Is it now working with less memory ?

I get this on all versions:

https://i.postimg.cc/0NgHwBMz/20190116-085238.jpg

Then start mining at 0 g/s.
boxalex

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:21:48 PM

just checked sparkpool, can someone explain please what the diffference btw. grin C-29 and grin C-31 is?

Thx in advance.
dominguero

Activity: 427
Merit: 212

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:42:10 PM

just checked sparkpool, can someone explain please what the diffference btw. grin C-29 and grin C-31 is?

Thx in advance.

I remember that C-31 is ASIC friendly, C-29 GPU friendly, but no 100% sure.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 03:43:00 PM

A thread mostly on the prospects of prices for Grin https://twitter.com/ByteSizeCapital/status/1085155010495709184
starts off a bit grim and I haven't much examined the price stuff, but then https://twitter.com/ByteSizeCapital/status/1085197432583991296
This $GRIN analysis doesn't account for the occurrence of positive black swans in the short to medium term. Given the overwhelming level of institutional interest, especially in SV [Silicon Valley? not that other thing], there is a non-zero chance of an accelerated bootstrapping phase.
This means accelerated: 1) Liquidity -> @coinbase comes to mind (backing http://coinmine.com ) & the newly announced http://galleon.exchange  (backed by @arrington) 2) Development -> activist investors like @Layer1Official expanding $GRIN's infrastructure.

galleon.exchange gets a further mention here
How to withdraw GRIN from your pool? GRIN does not have wallet addresses, yet you ask for one in order to request a payout!
Right now you still can't withdraw GRIN yet until the first block is mature at around 17:00 UTC today.
Please note that the balance will be accumulated in your f2pool account until the wallet address is set.
If you wish to withdraw after the first block is mature, the fastest way is to get a wallet address from exchange such as Galleon or Bitmesh and set the address in your f2pool account.
so I'll be looking at that as a place to buy/sell until the big boy exchanges catch up.

A fair few threads on twitter critiquing bitcoin OGs/'maximalists' for getting involved in Grin in amongst a useful one of which:

https://twitter.com/TheCryptoDog/status/1085357370627317760

The Wall Observers examining more the financial side: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg49252997#msg49252997

Finally would love to know the answer to my question and how accurate is cAPSLOCK?
So what's the plan guys? If Grin works out well, bitcoin devs shove all that tech onto bitcoin?
https://github.com/mimblewimble/grin/blob/master/doc/grin4bitcoiners.md
I don’t know that you could port Bitcoin onto Grin. So it is a threat.  
But their monetary policy is fuxxed.  Big mistake having an endless emissions.  Same trap Monero fell into.  
So that significantly reduces the threat.  
MW can be implemented on a second layer or as a sidechain with BTC I believe.

VoskCoin

Activity: 1414
Merit: 487

YouTube.com/VoskCoin

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 04:32:52 PM

hey guys I put together a video guide on how to mine Grin Coin on Windows & Linux -- I hope it helps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA4HsVOfH6k

I also put together a blog post w/ some notes + useful links for mining GRIN
https://medium.com/@VoskCoin/how-to-mine-grin-coin-grin-voskcoin-mining-guide-26747b73f21c

Vosk there's already too many miners Smiley Good reference post, cheers.

haha sorry xD wanted to support the project in the best way i can Cheesy

Check out my Crypto YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/VoskCoin
If you enjoy my content click Subscribe
Mihawk

Activity: 1150
Merit: 347

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 04:35:10 PM

New exchange: bibox.com/exchange?coinPair=GRIN_BTC
New Exchanges or without much adoption added GRIN, I'll be waiting for something more known. Does anyone know when TradeOgree will add GRIN?
coingecko

Activity: 247
Merit: 40

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 04:59:18 PM
Merited by hatshepsut93 (1)

We are monitoring Grin trading closely https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/grin
Price index will be calculated as soon as trades are executed on exchanges, and market cap will be reflected

Track bitcoin holdings by public companies and bitcoin price on CoinGecko
Molecule06

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 05:01:52 PM

So I have been trying

cuckatoo_lean_cuda_31 < 0.55/grps
cuckatoo_mean_cuda_gtx_31 < 2.8/grps (I dont know if this is per card or general; console looks so crowded)(SMOS)
cuckaroo_cuda_29 (default with Bminer) < 35/grps

But I don't know what am I doing, what am I looking for, these numbers don't make sense, anyone knows?

What's the difference between the 2 algos? and anyone has reference(baseline) numbers, what is expected (like what is 1 1080ti suppose to make) or grin29 or grin31 (if you got 1080ti`s)
If someone drops some knowledge here and there, it will be awesome,

Thanks
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 05:41:43 PM

New exchange: bibox.com/exchange?coinPair=GRIN_BTC
New Exchanges or without much adoption added GRIN, I'll be waiting for something more known. Does anyone know when TradeOgree will add GRIN?

Let me understand well .... do you prefer to wait for an exchange that does not reach $ 1000000 in volume as TradeOgre, almost unknown, compared to an exchange like BIBOX that is permanently among the top 10, very often in the first 5?
Bibox exchange for Grincoin, on the first day of mainnet, is the best solution we could hope for.

However still a few hours, and around 22, we will finally have the deposits open in all exchanges, after the 1440 blocks required, and there we will find out later the human folly ... we will find out at what price will be purchased the first Grin.

imho Do not hurry, wait a few weeks, better 2-3 months, until the price stabilizes and the market finds its right balance.
Caroline Shen

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 05:59:20 PM

GRIN/USDT is now trading on LBank Grin

LBank has enable Grin deposit feature at 2019.1.16 23:00. Grin/USDT trading pair is now living on LBank @ https://www.lbkex.com/exchange.html?asset=grin&post=usdt. You can start placing buy orders now. More information we'll keep you updated.

LBank (www.lbank.info), Ledger Bank, began to develop in December 2015 and it is the world's leading digital asset exchange, providing global users with safe, professional and convenient digital asset exchange services, investment services and financial services. As the Top10 digital asset exchange in the world, we have over 3 million of registered users and average daily trading volume reached 180 million US dollars.

LBank conducts strict audits from compliance on the token listing service. According to different public chain system, we have five trading zones,and each trading zone has a variety of digital asset. Further more,LBank has opened the C2C service zone which provide stable coin LBCN ,the users can get LBCN from dealer and then exchange with other digital assets on LBank platform .

With the dedication to providing the best practice for trading experience. The team has always been committed to building the top digital asset trading service platform to safeguard asset security and provide professional trading experience for global users.

Telegram : https://t.me/LBankinfo
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/LBank.info/
Twitter : https://twitter.com/LBank_Exchange?s=05
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 06:06:15 PM
Merited by Welsh (10), suchmoon (7), chimk (4), OgNasty (1), LoyceV (1), Last of the V8s (1), fapar (1), VoskCoin (1)

I'm not a huge fan of the fixed subsidy, but it is deflationary long-term. Because the subsidy remains the same while the money supply grows (and may shrink due to lost coins), a graph of the inflation rate over time is steadily downward, and will eventually reach low levels. However, since their stated reason for doing this was to ensure that miners are properly incentivized, it would've made more sense to set the subsidy such that the monetary inflation rate is a constant 0.5% or something. As they've designed it, the inflation rate will start out way too high, and then if grin survives for a very long time, it'll eventually become too low to actually meet their goal of incentivizing miners.

Inflation will ensure a general downward price trend for at least the first year, I'd expect, and it becomes sort-of reasonable only after 4 years. Will grin survive that long? Not sure. If you think it will, then it might make sense to buy grin at very cheap prices in its first few years, and this thinking could perhaps stabilize the market somewhat.

Grin inflation rates
Year #Yearly monetary inflation rate
136500%
2100%
350%
433%
525%
620%
717%
814%
1110%
215%
343%

It's possible that people will get just too fed up with the inflation in the first few years, and everyone will move to a clone, similar to the Bytecoin->Monero switch. Beam is too much of an obvious cheap money-grab to succeed IMO, though.

In addition to the money supply issue, grin is a worse store of value than Bitcoin because:
 - The dev culture is built upon a more flexible idea of system consensus. There are expected to be regular hardforks.
 - The crypto is experimental, and the currency is far newer.
 - Smart contracts are more limited, though at this time I'm not exactly sure how much more limited.

A BTC-backed grin clone could be a Bitcoin sidechain, but you won't see this anytime soon. First of all, there sadly hasn't been that much work on Bitcoin sidechains. Also, although you can do a semi-centralized sidechain without any consensus work or widespread costs, a full-security sidechain involves a softfork which would require all Bitcoin full nodes to also be grin-sidechain full nodes, increasing full node costs. I'd guess that if it happens at all, it won't be for 3-5 years, after grin has proven itself. At that point grin could have a significant first-to-market advantage, and its inflation will be reaching reasonable levels.

Unlike the vast majority of other altcoins, grin was basically built in the same spirit as Bitcoin - the same ideology. I'm a "Bitcoin maximalist" because I believe in "the Bitcoin idea/ideology", not as part of some game theoretic strategy to make BTC's price go up. If Bitcoin is out-competed in all respects (which grin is very far from doing, and other altcoins aren't even in contention for), then it'd be good for Bitcoin to be replaced by that competitor.

IMO in 10 years:
 - 30% chance grin is defunct, but roughly the same basic features are provided by other BTC-based off-chain systems such as LN.
 - 25% chance grin is defunct, but basically the same thing exists as a widely-used Bitcoin sidechain.
 - 15% chance BTC is the main store of value in crypto, while grin or a very similar altcoin is used for most daily payments.
 - 1% chance grin advances significantly, and combined with its first-to-market advantage vis-á-vis its innovations, it out-competes BTC entirely.
 - 14% chance some other altcoin out-competes BTC entirely. It won't be one of the existing ones, except perhaps grin as mentioned above.
 - 15% chance global authoritarianism makes it very difficult to use cryptocurrencies at all, and the whole sector is reduced to a tiny niche.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 06:29:58 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2019, 06:42:03 PM by Last of the V8s

Gosh thank you so much, theymos, for taking the time and trouble to provide such a fulsome response. Not sure if monero and other altcoin cultists will be so thrilled. It's certainly a grand experiment.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 07:03:51 PM

I'm not a huge fan of the fixed subsidy, but it is deflationary long-term. Because the subsidy remains the same while the money supply grows (and may shrink due to lost coins), a graph of the inflation rate over time is steadily downward, and will eventually reach low levels. However, since their stated reason for doing this was to ensure that miners are properly incentivized, it would've made more sense to set the subsidy such that the monetary inflation rate is a constant 0.5% or something. As they've designed it, the inflation rate will start out way too high, and then if grin survives for a very long time, it'll eventually become too low to actually meet their goal of incentivizing miners.

I'm not qualified to make these type judgements but it would seem to me to make a perfect and correct choice on the percentages then you would have to in advance know that the end size of the userbase and security needed to sustain that during the design phase which is impossible. There fore using a best guess that is subject to change will allow you to better see that future as time goes on and make adjustments as that time approaches. This approach will also allow the time for others to weigh in on the design and allow for a growth of those working on the problem as the initial product is being created.

Unlike the vast majority of other altcoins, grin was basically built in the same spirit as Bitcoin - the same ideology. I'm a "Bitcoin maximalist" because I believe in "the Bitcoin idea/ideology", not as part of some game theoretic strategy to make BTC's price go up. If Bitcoin is out-competed in all respects (which grin is very far from doing, and other altcoins aren't even in contention for), then it'd be good for Bitcoin to be replaced by that competitor.

I specifically like this as listening to purists that spout the holy grail code has already been written gets old fast.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
mrshaw070

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 07:16:12 PM

I've been getting about 7.5 GPS steady on my x2 1070s and x1 1060 6gb on Grinmint with almost no downtime, however even with full fans the cards are getting pretty hot

Has anyone found an undervolt/overclock that improves performance and/or lowers temps for c29?

Also has anyone tried mining c31 on cards with less than 11gb or c29 on cards with less than 8gb?

I found a mining OS that lets you mine c29/c31 GRIN on 4GB cards that I am going to be trying later today but just wanted to see what others had tried

I haven't tried anything yet, but I'm eager to mine some grin on my 4gb cards! Please share if you get it to work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: