Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:37:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Grin | PoW Mining | Electronic transactions for all. Community driven.  (Read 73501 times)
Exadro

Activity: 194
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 05:00:28 AM

How do I mine for Windows? is there a way for that?
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CoinComputer

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 05:04:51 AM

So if there are no addresses and exchanges of Grin are 'person to person' so to speak, then if I mine on a pool using windows miner, how would I be rewarded for mining ?  Is it by IP, email ?  I don't have a Linux instance currently to view the wallet.

Once you set up a wallet you'll be able to request a payout via any method supported by your pool.

Cheers, looks like I need to set up that Linux instance so I can install a wallet
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 05:08:46 AM

How do I mine for Windows? is there a way for that?

https://github.com/mozkomor/GrinGoldMiner

Please note that mainnet launch is ~10 hours away but you can set your miner up in advance.
ivan1975
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1168

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 05:14:52 AM

Hello.
Is there CPU miner for windows?
What speed does miner give for 6-x core CPU?
CoinComputer

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 05:15:44 AM

Ok I can't figure out payments from pools. It says you can use an online wallet. So is there a windows wallet that is obviously online/connected or is there a web wallet only that is to be used?
Someone please clarify this and provide a link to the "wallet"
Thanks

You'll see the payment method near the end of the article more of a direct payment, certainly different and I'm not familiar with keybase myself

https://medium.com/@blade.doyle/configure-payments-on-mwgrinpool-com-how-to-7b84163ec467
Bitmesh Official
Copper Member

Activity: 69

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 05:19:57 AM

Which exchange is trading on?

Currently, Grin is in floonet phase and its mainnet is not yet running.

Mainnet launch on January 15th. After launch it will begin to appear on exchanges as they list it. The Bisq dex is the first / among the very first.

https://medium.com/@grincoin/where-to-buy-grin-coins-2ba6bbff2387

GRIN's mainnet is expected to be launched around January 15, 2019(UTC). BitMesh will open GRIN deposit and withdrawal as soon as GRIN's mainnet becomes online. https://bitmesh.com/exchange?market=btc_grin#/
To@To

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 05:27:11 AM

Which exchange is trading on?

Currently, Grin is in floonet phase and its mainnet is not yet running.

Mainnet launch on January 15th. After launch it will begin to appear on exchanges as they list it. The Bisq dex is the first / among the very first.

https://medium.com/@grincoin/where-to-buy-grin-coins-2ba6bbff2387

GRIN's mainnet is expected to be launched around January 15, 2019(UTC). BitMesh will open GRIN deposit and withdrawal as soon as GRIN's mainnet becomes online. https://bitmesh.com/exchange?market=btc_grin#/

Is the network now still in test mode? Where all these people are then digging, there is already a 2.52 Kgps hash network.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12864

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 07:32:06 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2019, 07:53:58 AM by theymos
Merited by Welsh (4)

Are you guys EXCITED????

So if there are no addresses and exchanges of Grin are 'person to person' so to speak, then if I mine on a pool using windows miner, how would I be rewarded for mining ?  Is it by IP, email ?  I don't have a Linux instance currently to view the wallet.

I don't know how it works with mining specifically, but in general: grin payments require a three-way process. This can be done automatically through an IP address or keybase, or you can do it manually like this:

1. The sender runs grin wallet send -m file -d FILE.txt GRIN_AMOUNT, which creates the file FILE.txt.
2. The sender gives FILE.txt to the recipient.
3. The recipient runs grin wallet receive -i FILE.txt, which creates another file FILE.txt.response.
4. The recipient gives FILE.txt.response to the sender.
5. The sender runs grin wallet finalize -i FILE.txt.response, and the transaction is done.

The IP/keybase methods do these same steps, just automatically.

I'm not going to be mining, but I would like to buy some grin ASAP on the first day. If anyone here is lucky enough to quickly mine some, I'll pay $13/grin (in BTC), but only for the first few grin I buy. PM me.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Bitmesh Official
Copper Member

Activity: 69

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 08:12:22 AM

Is anyone who want sell? OTC?

BitMesh will open GRIN deposit and withdrawal as soon as GRIN's mainnet becomes online. https://bitmesh.com/exchange?market=btc_beam#/
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 09:01:24 AM

Is anyone who want sell? OTC?

BitMesh will open GRIN deposit and withdrawal as soon as GRIN's mainnet becomes online. https://bitmesh.com/exchange?market=btc_beam#/

that's beam-btc in your link

i guess it would be fun if there is a beam-grin trade pair hehe
CoinComputer

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 09:02:17 AM

Are you guys EXCITED?Huh

I don't know how it works with mining specifically, but in general: grin payments require a three-way process. This can be done automatically through an IP address or keybase, or you can do it manually like this:

1. The sender runs grin wallet send -m file -d FILE.txt GRIN_AMOUNT, which creates the file FILE.txt.
3. The recipient runs grin wallet receive -i FILE.txt, which creates another file FILE.txt.response.
5. The sender runs grin wallet finalize -i FILE.txt.response, and the transaction is done.

I'm not going to be mining, but I would like to buy some grin ASAP on the first day. If anyone here is lucky enough to quickly mine some, I'll pay $13/grin (in BTC), but only for the first few grin I buy. PM me.

Cheers, looks like peeps are definitely ready to mine, hopefully the main pool can take the load !
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 10:50:16 AM
Merited by theymos (5), Welsh (5), dbshck (4), vapourminer (1)

Are you guys EXCITED?Huh

A few hours after the official launch of the mainnet and the first Grin there are already 10 exchanges that have announced to immediately quote the new coin:

www.bitforex.com
www.bitmesh.com
www.galeon.exchange
www.grinpay.org
www.chainrift.com
www.hb.top
www.nexex.io
www.vinex.network
www.kkex.vip
www.bisq.network

I'm curious to see how much Hash will immediately have Grincoin, or in the first 24-48 hours, how much hash will move / lose  Beam in favor of Grin, but above all I'm curious to see if tomorrow with the fork of Constantinople of Ethereum you will have a mining escape to more profitable coin (see Grin) ?!

In my opinion, the next 24-48 hours will be very interesting for the market, and for different subjects (miner and speculators)!
grinmaster

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 11:44:27 AM

- Pre-mine: No
- Founders Reward: No
- ICO: No
- Masternodes: No

Yes!

Grin mainnet launch is just a couple hours away!

https://medium.com/@grincoin/its-almost-grin-o-clock-countdown-to-grin-mainnet-launch-c9fe40c8bd6c
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 12:13:23 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2019, 01:11:17 PM by dragonmike

So to sum this up, I could mine grin using windows based rigs, but I would definitely need a Linux box to run the wallet on, correct? Will a VM with Ubuntu do the trick? I assume I cannot start mining anywhere as long as I don't have a wallet address...

EDIT: oh, it seems one can I mine to user/email address (at least on grinmint pool)... Gonna try that out...

EDIt2: Ooof... the cpu usage...  Lips sealed Shocked
BCGrin

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 12:33:10 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2019, 11:11:11 PM by BCGrin

I'm ready! I'll be mining, but I won't be selling. I'm buying. Cheesy

Hopefully most of those smaller exchanges are not scams. I will check out BISQ.

I think it will take another 24 hours for coins to mature after they have been mined so it will be interesting to see when the first Grin trades in history begin to happen.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 12:34:07 PM
Merited by theymos (2)

edit: beat me to it lol^

Are you guys EXCITED?

afaiu (but this is not very far at all) it takes a full day for the coinbase to mature, so we will have to be patient?

bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 01:31:02 PM

So to sum this up, I could mine grin using windows based rigs, but I would definitely need a Linux box to run the wallet on, correct? Will a VM with Ubuntu do the trick? I assume I cannot start mining anywhere as long as I don't have a wallet address...

EDIT: oh, it seems one can I mine to user/email address (at least on grinmint pool)... Gonna try that out...

EDIt2: Ooof... the cpu usage...  Lips sealed Shocked

Doing the same but I get 8-10x as many rejects than accepted shares with Nvidia cards.

Not your keys, not your coins!
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2019, 01:45:50 PM
Merited by bathrobehero (2)

Doing the same but I get 8-10x as many rejects than accepted shares with Nvidia cards.

If you're mining on grinmint pool - they introduced share difficulty, which is not supported by miners apparently. So ~ 7/8 of shares would be rejected but that shouldn't affect the number of coins mined.

dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 02:44:36 PM

On a sidenote, the .net Runtime 2 broke my Vega rig badly. It's not hashing at all anymore now. I'm not sure what it did but it wasn't good. If anyone's got brilliant ideas, now is the time...
mlord10

Activity: 45

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 03:04:14 PM

Can someone really quickly break down what primary and secondary hashrate is referring to on grinmint?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: