Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:31:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Grin | PoW Mining | Electronic transactions for all. Community driven.  (Read 73501 times)
Beyerd17

Activity: 826
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 07:08:16 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2020, 08:12:06 AM by Beyerd17

Hey, i'm sure this project is great for the paranoid and drug dealers and the like. Drug dealers need some love too. Just wondering what the appeal is to the larger crowds out there that are not selling stuff on the "darkweb". Give me some solid reasons why anyone should invest in GRIN, I don't really see it for most real life crypto case users.

You talk as if ordinary users don't need anonymity functions. For example, I don't want someone to know how much cryptocurrency I have and to whom I make payments. I actively use ETH and it is not possible to hide it there. It is not comfortable.

Fair enough  Smiley Hardly see anyone complain about this with most Bitcoin or Ethereum users.

Thats because you don't know anyone that holds a large amount.

Its obvious from your comments to your shitcoin shilling sig that you have no clue whats going on.

Not to mention the fact you think a Legendary's words matter more than a n00bs, that just shows how clueless you really are.

So tell me, are you in the paranoid or the drug camp - or both, guess being a drug dealer/user would make you somewhat paranoid. I never stated I think a Legendary's words matter more than a n00bs. I'm sure you have been spewing BS here for a very long time by the looks of your juvenile comments.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
August 21, 2020, 05:17:07 PM

So tell me, are you in the paranoid or the drug camp - or both, guess being a drug dealer/user would make you somewhat paranoid. I never stated I think a Legendary's words matter more than a n00bs. I'm sure you have been spewing BS here for a very long time by the looks of your juvenile comments.

I'm in the Individual Freedom camp. Go shill trusted institutional control somewhere else, we don't need you here.

Its funny all people have to do to see you are a complete liar is to backtrack this conversation. You specifically called that other person a newb and dismissed his post because of that.

So yeah Fuck off Retard.

You win the Ignore reward.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Beyerd17

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 06:35:33 AM

I'm in the Individual Freedom camp. Go shill trusted institutional control somewhere else, we don't need you here.

Its funny all people have to do to see you are a complete liar is to backtrack this conversation. You specifically called that other person a newb and dismissed his post because of that.

So yeah Fuck off Retard.

Hey, what is your problem dude, you seem unable to keep a civilized conversation without turning to unsavory namecalling and swearing, time to grow up dude and stop acting like a 14 y o. You come off as a somewhat rude narcissistic psychopath though, stop smoking all that pot and maybe your brain will clear up and be more empathetic towards whoever your talking to. I recommend you go talk to a shrink, if you don't do this I feel sorry for your family and people around you.

Get help while you still can dude, you can thank me later.
oryhp

Activity: 59
Merit: 87

View Profile
August 22, 2020, 07:25:30 PM

Seriously, A newb with like 7 posts telling me I'm way off. I had expected somewhat more than that. As for your reasoning, you basically have none, guess your maybe thinking I should simply just take your word for it. I'm gonna need a bit more than that. Let me try again, why does this project even exist, not sure the crypto world really need it...

I didn't say take my word for it, I explicitly hinted you not to do that by suggesting to do the research yourself. You have 77 pages of information on this thread, I'm not spoon feeding you after this knee jerk reaction.

Regarding privacy, it starts to matter more as the usage increases. If everyone around you was using BTC or ETH, then you'd be giving all this information to everyone in your city - of course there would be a scaling issue with this, but if it was possible, the idea of it doesn't sound like something most would be comfortable with. It works ok when it's on a small scale, I'm less sure about it working as good as now if it gets more adoption.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 3474

born once atheist

View Profile
September 02, 2020, 11:57:32 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2020, 09:42:18 AM by sirazimuth

...... I'm sure you have been spewing BS here for a very long time by the looks of your juvenile comments.

So yeah Fuck off Retard.

Hey, what is your problem dude, you seem unable to keep a civilized conversation without turning to unsavory namecalling .......

Well that escalated rather quickly.

On a lighter note,  I've noticed in the last week or so my daily Grin mining proceeds  have increased like 30%.(In Grin coins that is, not actual bitcoin value,which is up too, just not as much)
I haven't changed anything in the year and half I've been mining this coin,  besides upgrading software for hard forks.
So I'm assuming difficulty must be dropping? (as well as price, but that's a given for any shitcoin altcoin)
This has made my visits to the exchange (where my mined coins are automatically sent) to convert to bitcoin become slightly more frequent. I'm not complaining mind you....
As far as I'm concerned, this coin works great for indirectly mining bitcoin with gpu cards.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
Ucionasha

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 07:41:13 AM

How profitable is mining this Grin coin now? It seems to me that the excitement around Grin has slept a little in the last half year.
Beyerd17

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 09:26:09 PM

How profitable is mining this Grin coin now? It seems to me that the excitement around Grin has slept a little in the last half year.

Since you are able to respond to this thread, it seems you have an internet connection. If you use google you can look up whattomine or one of the other mining profit calculator and calculate how much profit after electric cost you would make. On a personal note I would mine something else than Grin.
KIZILAGA

Activity: 210
Merit: 6

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 05:10:44 PM

https://forum.grin.mw/t/dismantling-the-core-team-and-governance-structure/7801

ATL at the moment  Huh
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4861

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 05:49:58 PM

Confused?

Why, this is exactly as anyone that knew what they were talking about forecasted before Launch.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
SurDenis905

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 08:44:38 PM

Grin did not have all that much going for it in the first place. Ooh so it's a privacy coin, wow, will it ever have a large potential userbase besides the paranoid and drug users and pushers. If I am way off here, please tell me why Grin is going to be a huge winner going forward  Wink

I don't think that the bulk of people who like anonymous cryptocurrencies are drug dealers or criminals. Anonymity is worth a lot these days. It's just that few people think about it.
KIZILAGA

View Profile
September 05, 2020, 09:54:46 PM

Grin did not have all that much going for it in the first place. Ooh so it's a privacy coin, wow, will it ever have a large potential userbase besides the paranoid and drug users and pushers. If I am way off here, please tell me why Grin is going to be a huge winner going forward  Wink

I don't think that the bulk of people who like anonymous cryptocurrencies are drug dealers or criminals. Anonymity is worth a lot these days. It's just that few people think about it.

Well this is logical thinking.i tought the same.But despite all crypto space grow up from 100 billion to 400 billion usd dolar..None of those privacy coins get their share.Many VC,funds pouring money..

it seems smart money dont want to involve with privacy coins,in the mean time delistings,government regulations.Coinbase and other big exchanges openly collabrating with chain analysis companies..it was a good idea but they will just allow Bitcoin with transparent ledger or stablecoins.That is a fact.

it was like dreaming a world peace)
KIZILAGA

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 09:50:43 AM

https://forum.grin.mw/t/there-will-be-an-asic-ama-in-next-governance-meeting/7626/10

a grin asic 35000 usd? almost a house money! in many countries..this is for big farms?

tromp
Legendary

Activity: 974
Merit: 1076

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 06:42:00 PM

a grin asic 35000 usd? almost a house money! in many countries..this is for big farms?

Or for a noise-proof basement in need of heating...
KIZILAGA

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 09:24:23 PM

heat and noise..explains well..

So you will get one to test or?
Moshen

Activity: 147
Merit: 16

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 01:56:42 PM

What the poop is that? Why did u post that link I dont get it. Botulism will eat ur body from the inside  if u chuck something like this in this thread again. Rather than bitching about core members' swingeing sway over things u want them to be disinvolved in, go drone about ur problems to a shrink. Some insubstantial nattering about contributors and core team, I dont get what that post was about, maybe u want to talk about a sphincter in ur bottom?
KIZILAGA

View Profile
September 15, 2020, 11:40:59 AM

What the poop is that? Why did u post that link I dont get it. Botulism will eat ur body from the inside  if u chuck something like this in this thread again. Rather than bitching about core members' swingeing sway over things u want them to be disinvolved in, go drone about ur problems to a shrink. Some insubstantial nattering about contributors and core team, I dont get what that post was about, maybe u want to talk about a sphincter in ur bottom?

it was a frustration for tought of splitting core team which i think worked for grin since inception.i dont have technical ability to judge their performance but you are a troll %100
podpod

Activity: 442
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 22, 2020, 02:39:01 PM

At the end of the day, the price shows the trend of Grin.
What was it, $25 or so, and now $0.30c
I wont take into account the ATH of over $250.
Lets be fair and say $25.   Its also fair to say that to see $25 again is not going to happen.
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
September 24, 2020, 02:01:42 AM

At the end of the day, the price shows the trend of Grin.
What was it, $25 or so, and now $0.30c
I wont take into account the ATH of over $250.
Lets be fair and say $25.   Its also fair to say that to see $25 again is not going to happen.

Then use it rather than hodling. Grin is supposed to be like cash.
Texacha

Activity: 480
Merit: 68

View Profile
September 24, 2020, 10:10:55 AM

Then use it rather than hodling. Grin is supposed to be like cash.
Yes, use it instead of dollar to buy groceries for example.
Oh, wait.... no one accepts it.  Smiley

I have no affiliate link, no bounty, no signature campaign... Only Proof Of Work!
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 03:19:30 PM

I'm trying to restore my wallet via Grin++. I enter 24 words of the seed-phrase but the "Restore wallet" button is not active. The username and password I understand are arbitrary? Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem?

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Pages: « 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 »
  Print  

Jump to: