Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:45:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Leah McGrath Goodman offers more details on conversation with Dorian S. Nakamoto  (Read 5688 times)
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 07:56:11 AM

Thats not confirming her story. Its about the quote in the story being correct. Which does not mean Dorian was talking about bitcoin as Leah claimed.

So you are basically claiming that the Sheriff's office is intentionally misleading the public here? I am pretty sure that the Sheriff's deputies were fully aware whether Dorian understood Bitcoin being discussed or not, otherwise they would not have made the statement.

You have reading comprehensive skill? read the fcking link again .

“Both sheriff’s deputies agreed that the quotes published in the March 6, 2014, Newsweek magazine Bitcoin article that were attributed to the resident and to one of the deputies were accurate.”

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FinnCoin

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:25:31 AM

You have reading comprehensive skill? read the fcking link again.

You have understanding comprehensive skill? If I say that the Sheriff's deputies corroborate her story what else could it mean besides that the Sheriff's deputies corroborate the quotes? And as said, a recording would not make any difference, as if somebody is not willing to believe the Sheriff's deputies they would not believe a recording either.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 08:33:44 AM

You have reading comprehensive skill? read the fcking link again.

You have understanding comprehensive skill? If I say that the Sheriff's deputies corroborate her story what else could it mean besides that the Sheriff's deputies corroborate the quotes? And as said, a recording would not make any difference, as if somebody is not willing to believe the Sheriff's deputies they would not believe a recording either.

A big flaw in your logic, hence you dont understand crap about legitimacy of the story.
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:11:30 AM

Seems to me there is no fucking way this guy is Satoshi.

His English is poor, as proven by his online presence om Amazon, on train websites etc. Satoshi's English is impeccable. Or maybe he spent years online faking bad English so if a reporters turned up on his doorstep and people looked into his history they would think he wasn't Satosho...... Ever heard of occams razor?.

He refers to Bitcom, he says 'I've never worked with that company, i don't know anything about them'.

With regard to Leah's confrontation.

He has worked with classified projects with the government, he was clearly scared, that's why he called the police, she asked him about it, he assumed she was talking about one of the classified projects he worked on, he said he can't talk about it.

BINTEX

Powered by,
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:17:37 AM

Some ppl dont even have a clue regarding audio recording law. If you're part of the conversation (which she was), you dont need to have a consent to record the conversation.

Those people apparently include you among their ranks.  That only applies in what are called "one party consent" states.  California law requires consent from all parties.  More than one person has done time for their ignorance of the law.
Skoupi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 09:35:09 AM

His English is poor, as proven by his online presence om Amazon, on train websites etc. Satoshi's English is impeccable. Or maybe he spent years online faking bad English so if a reporters turned up on his doorstep and people looked into his history they would think he wasn't Satosho...... Ever heard of occams razor?.

His poor "amazon english" vs his perfect "bitcointalk english" is a poor argument imo.

My english are poor when it comes to speaking and posting casually in a forum, but if i had to
write a paper and add credibility to a project of mine through the use of proper english, i would have been
double checking and proofreading my texts.

I don't think that anyone ever communicated with Satoshi in real time.
nakaone

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:19:57 AM

i do not think that dorian is satoshi- or he is really keyser soze.

but one thing from his perspective does not add up for me: how likely do you think is it that your name is dorian satoshi nakamoto and you never heard of bitcoin? as a tech savvy educated/academic person? do you reallly think she is the first person who confronted him with bitcoin?
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
March 08, 2014, 10:41:48 AM

His poor "amazon english" vs his perfect "bitcointalk english" is a poor argument imo.

My english are poor when it comes to speaking and posting casually in a forum, but if i had to
write a paper and add credibility to a project of mine through the use of proper english, i would have been
double checking and proofreading my texts.

I don't think that anyone ever communicated with Satoshi in real time.

Loads of IRC chats.

The thing is, his poor English on the train forums, Amazon etc is not just lazy. It's a basic lack of comprehension of the rules.

BINTEX