Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Autoban  (Read 493 times)
omoraki (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:11:10 AM

Many accounts have been banned for copy/paste going a year or more back. The policy against copy/paste is pretty stringent on this forum. Also, since it appears that you are a bounty hunter; so, your posting is financially motivated. Your chance of appealing this and getting it overturned are less than you being able to walk through the entire Earth, intact, due to quantum tunneling.

I only participated in 2 signature campaign Rebellious(6 months-voluntary) and Ubcoin(paid 2 months) sorry for bothering with details but I wanted to say that I am not here for money only.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:16:13 AM

Many accounts have been banned for copy/paste going a year or more back. The policy against copy/paste is pretty stringent on this forum. Also, since it appears that you are a bounty hunter; so, your posting is financially motivated. Your chance of appealing this and getting it overturned are less than you being able to walk through the entire Earth, intact, due to quantum tunneling.

I only participated in 2 signature campaign Rebellious(6 months-voluntary) and Ubcoin(paid 2 months) sorry for bothering with details but I wanted to say that I am not here for money only.

Well, then follow the instructions on your ban message and attempt to appeal it. Only the administrative/moderation team can overturn your appeal. However, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a favorable response. In fact, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for any response at all.
omoraki (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:19:25 AM

It doesn't matter. Even if it was something else - the quoted copypasta means that you're very unlikely to get unbanned.

I think it's unfair to instaban without warning or a restricted ban for example.

Well, then follow the instructions on your ban message and attempt to appeal it. Only the administrative/moderation team can overturn your appeal. However, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a favorable response. In fact, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for any response at all.

Already done, I waited 2 weeks no response I remember reading that they no longer answer ban appeal email so I decided to open this thread.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 02:28:33 AM

Hmmm, he deleted that post already.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:32:09 AM

I think it's unfair to instaban without warning or a restricted ban for example.

There is a warning. It's called the rules which are posted as a sticky here is Meta. Going forward, I recommend that you actually take the time to read the rules of any website that you use. Also, copying someone else's work is never OK without proper citation. If you tried to do this at school, you are likely to get a failing grade and potentially expelled. If you did this as part of your job, you are likely to get fired or sued. I know that copy/pasting someone's shitpost seems like a minor infraction. However, Bitcointalk has to draw line somewhere. Even with this policy, many of the boards here are inundated with shit posting. If we just let people get away with copy/paste, the forum would be practically unreadable.

Already done, I waited 2 weeks no response I remember reading that they no longer answer ban appeal email so I decided to open this thread.
Well, now you have a response. I am sorry that you don't like the answers. Maybe a champion for your cause will show up shortly. However, I doubt it.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 02:32:45 AM

No, it's still there. Are you sure you don't have Shitcoin Central on ignore or something?  Grin
omoraki (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:38:34 AM

There is a warning. It's called the rules which are posted as a sticky here is Meta. Going forward, I recommend that you actually take the time to read the rules of any website that you use. Also, copying someone else's work is never OK without proper citation. If you tried to do this at school, you are likely to get a failing grade and potentially expelled. If you did this as part of your job, you are likely to get fired or sued. I know that copy/pasting someone's shitpost seems like a minor infraction. However, Bitcointalk has to draw line somewhere. Even with this policy, many of the boards here are inundated with shit posting. If we just let people get away with copy/paste, the forum would be practically unreadable.

Well, now you have a response. I am sorry that you don't like the answers. Maybe a champion for your cause will show up shortly. However, I doubt it.

Good advice, I always do. I agree with you but I  believe in second chance even if I am not allowed anymore in signature campaign.

Hmmm, he deleted that post already.   Undecided

Probably i don't have the right to do so.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 02:56:30 AM

Good advice, I always do. I agree with you but I  believe in second chance even if I am not allowed anymore in signature campaign.

There is some discussion of that in another thread. However, it is not implemented at this time. For now, you will just have to live with the status quo. Also, you will be unable to chime in with your opinion on that thread since that would be considered ban evasion and this current account may get banned. Also, if the proposal to just ban signature ever goes through, I'm not certain it will be retroactive.
omoraki (OP)

View Profile
December 30, 2018, 03:02:22 AM

There is some discussion of that in another thread. However, it is not implemented at this time. For now, you will just have to live with the status quo. Also, you will be unable to chime in with your opinion on that thread since that would be considered ban evasion and this current account may get banned. Also, if the proposal to just ban signature ever goes through, I'm not certain it will be retroactive.

Thank you for the info and yes i am not willing to post in any other thread.
MainIbem

Activity: 1330
Merit: 385

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 07:31:42 AM

Plagiarism is the most common reason. "Autoban" doesn't mean it was banned "automatically" if that's what's confusing for you. You've been banned for violating forum rules.

XD thank you for the info. Yeah it's the most common reason but I don't remember myself doing so that's why I am asking for the reason behind the ban.
So go and read the forum rules very well now that you know.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄