Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:24:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto/Blockchain Related Stocks [LIST][BEING UPDATED/WIP]  (Read 224 times)
Initscri (OP)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2018, 03:04:00 AM
Last edit: May 14, 2019, 07:19:58 AM by Initscri
Merited by Haunebu (1)

Hey all,

After previously posting this topic here and being interested in the current events which affected Nvidia (which are somewhat bitcoin/blockchain related), I began gathering a list of stocks available on public stock markets which have even a minimal tie to the blockchain economy/sector (some more than others).

I simply copied the stock symbol, name, and a small excerpt as to how the stock is connected. I made this list over time, and I plan to add many more stocks (which I'll be keeping this updated). I figured I'd share it to the community to help others out as well as to gain ideas for other stocks which should be added to the list.

If anyone has any ideas for other stocks or disagree with any of the stocks posted, by all means, post a comment on this thread to discuss.

Cheers!  Smiley

Stock SymbolStock NameCryptocurrency RelationLinks (Coming Soon)

NVDANvidia Corporation"This is because Nvidia makes high-performance graphics processors. These computer hardware pieces were originally designed for use with complicated video game rigs but they have been co-opted by mining operations that generate bitcoin and other digital currencies."

AMDAdvanced Micro Devices"AMD has quickly earned a spot in the cryptocurrency hall of fame because of its graphics processors."

NETENet Element"announced that it was starting a blockchain-related business and the stock rocketed. The company plans to connect merchants and consumers with blockchain technology."

OTIVOn Track Innovations"plans to integrate bitcoin acceptance in ATM and secure cashless vending products."

SIEBSiebert Financial"apparently planning to enter the crypto-brokerage business. Overstock’s blockchain subsidiary tZERO has taken a 1% stake in Siebert’s parent."

SRAXSocial Reality"appears to be planning a blockchain-based system to enable people to sell their own data."

HIVEHIVE Blockchain Technologies"publicly traded cryptocurrency mining company"

OSTKOverstock.com"Overstock made headlines by being the first to really embrace a smorgasbord of altcoin payment options at checkout."

LFINLongfin"The company acquired Ziddu.com a purported blockchain-solutions provider to offer microfinance lending against collateralized warehouse receipts in the form of Ziddu Coins."

MSFTMicrosoft"Microsoft is building Blockchain as a Service on its Azure cloud the biggest rival to Amazon in hosting cloud applications. Since launching its first Ethereum Blockchain as a Service in November 2015 Microsoft has been moving as quickly as it can in the space."

NDAQNasdaq"It also was one of the first to explore and incorporate the use of blockchain technology into its applications. The Nasdaq Private Market was first launched in 2013 to facilitate secondary transactions for private corporations and two years later Nasdaq announced its first private securities transactions using blockchain technology."

IBMIBM"The company behind Watson and developments in cloud technology is already harnessing a blockchain service for over 400 clients in multiple industries."

HTHIYHitachi"The conglomerate has been researching blockchain technology since the early 2000s before even the invention of Bitcoin. Hitachi obtained its first blockchain-related Japanese patent in 2003."

ETR:DAIDaimler AG"In partnership with LBBW Daimler launched a €100 million 1-year corporate loan instrument known as a Schuldschein using blockchain technology."

AMZNAmazonhttps://www.coindesk.com/amazon-announces-blockchain-builder-service

NASDAQ:RIOTRiot BlockchainTargeted Investments along w/ mining operations

OTCMKTS:GBTCGrayscale Bitcoin Trust *"Bitcoin Investment Trust is a private, open-ended trust that is invested exclusively in bitcoin and derives its value solely from the price of bitcoin" (src)

BTCS (OTCMKTS)BTCS Inc.BTCS Inc. ("BTCS") is an early mover in the blockchain and digital currency ecosystems and the first "Pure Play" U.S. public company focused on blockchain technologies. (src)

Sources:
https://www.investopedia.com/news/bitcoinrelated-stocks-aim-capitalize-cryptocurrency-craze/               
https://investorplace.com/2018/04/bitcoin-stocks-to-buy-for-cryptocurrency-profits/               
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/here-are-seven-new-bitcoin-related-stocks-most-are-bonkers-2017-12-21               
https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/03/15/3-stocks-with-high-exposure-to-cryptocurrencies.aspx               
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericervin/2018/02/08/top-5-blockchain-related-stocks-for-2018-and-a-few-to-avoid/#271d242d6ce2   

Notes:
* This technically isn't a stock, but I thought I'd add it as a way to invest in Bitcoin through conventional market means. I, personally, wouldn't recommend using this stock as a means of holding Bitcoin. But, for transparency, I have added it to the list.

Changelog:
[1] Added initial list
[2] Adding amazon
[3] Adding riot blockchain

----------------------------------
Web Developer. PM for details.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 07:54:53 AM

Still looking for ideas if anyone else has any other angles on this? Any other stocks would help.

Renaldi blackspadeteam

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2019, 12:20:10 AM

yeah sir, thanks to the blockchain and cryptocurrency, their stock prices jumped up rapidly, many of my friends as gamers complained that NVDA and AMD were expensive because they were always rushed by miners.

gamers must be prepared to spend a lot of money to buy NVDA and AMD with the best quality to be able to play the game smoothly
Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 02:04:14 AM

yeah sir, thanks to the blockchain and cryptocurrency, their stock prices jumped up rapidly, many of my friends as gamers complained that NVDA and AMD were expensive because they were always rushed by miners.

gamers must be prepared to spend a lot of money to buy NVDA and AMD with the best quality to be able to play the game smoothly

Yeah, there's been a few articles recently which discussed how NVDA has become more reliant on the crypto market than they expected. I think it even surprised them TBH.

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 05:50:32 PM

I'll be adding a few more stocks shortly. If anyone else has any other ideas, do LMK

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 07:24:50 PM

I'll be adding a few more stocks shortly. If anyone else has any other ideas, do LMK
What is the goal of this discussion ? Encouraging this community to invest into stocks ? Literally that is not a right thing we may do here IMO as it may redirect investments out of crypto space Roll Eyes.

All the stocks which are listed out here, basically involving with cryptos and not truly a crypto based company nor stock. I mean a firm which is originated based on crypto like coinbase or blockchain.com or bittrex and then they are also getting listed on stocks market like that there is no stocks are available yet ?

I guess 10 years must be a small time frame for a company to reach the stage of becoming a stocks offering firm.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 07:39:18 PM
Merited by Initscri (1)

What is the goal of this discussion ? Encouraging this community to invest into stocks ? Literally that is not a right thing we may do here IMO as it may redirect investments out of crypto space Roll Eyes.
If you look at some of the companies currently in the list some of the companies he mentioned are directly involved in the cryptocurrency industry like Hive Blockchain which is currently a bargain for .48 CAD and Overstock whom I think we all know is an Amazon for the cryptocurrency users. You see our support for cryptocurrencies does not limit us from the crypto market itself as some companies who are involve in the crypto business don't even have their own ICOs to fund their projects. Knowing that your company has been successfully listed publicly means a lot for investors who wants a stable asset to hold, which they won't get from a volatile market.
Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 07:54:24 PM

All the stocks which are listed out here, basically involving with cryptos and not truly a crypto based company nor stock. I mean a firm which is originated based on crypto like coinbase or blockchain.com or bittrex and then they are also getting listed on stocks market like that there is no stocks are available yet ?

I guess 10 years must be a small time frame for a company to reach the stage of becoming a stocks offering firm.

That's not exacting sound investment advice (investing everything in crypto, anything not going into crypto is against crypto??). Besides, if investors are more willing to invest in companies who utilise crypto, then more companies may follow suit (which is a good thing for the crypto market in general).

There's nothing wrong with diversification, and some may want to have investments related to crypto without fully being invested in crypto. I have investments in crypto, but I also have investments in equities.

el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 14, 2019, 08:41:04 PM

I guess this topic will most suit under service discussion board as it has nothing to do with trading but a list on investments related. (Usually all overview and listing topics are being maintained there).

I must appreciate your efforts are enlightening me on crypto involved big companies. I too recommend diversification always but within cryptos. Still, I believe there would be nothing wrong on having such a topic as long as it is dealing with only crypto related companies.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 07:16:34 AM

I guess this topic will most suit under service discussion board as it has nothing to do with trading but a list on investments related. (Usually all overview and listing topics are being maintained there).

I must appreciate your efforts are enlightening me on crypto involved big companies. I too recommend diversification always but within cryptos. Still, I believe there would be nothing wrong on having such a topic as long as it is dealing with only crypto related companies.

Unsure, because I figured trading is still relevant to stocks. I'm not sure Service Discussion would be a good place for this (as it's not related to a specific service, but the markets in general)

Thanks; I mean if the list helps anybody, I'll keep maintaining it, even for my own sake. I'm always on the lookout for new stocks, and if it helps anyone else (or others can provide ideas as well), then that's cool w/ me.

If you look at some of the companies currently in the list some of the companies he mentioned are directly involved in the cryptocurrency industry like Hive Blockchain which is currently a bargain for .48 CAD and Overstock whom I think we all know is an Amazon for the cryptocurrency users. You see our support for cryptocurrencies does not limit us from the crypto market itself as some companies who are involve in the crypto business don't even have their own ICOs to fund their projects. Knowing that your company has been successfully listed publicly means a lot for investors who wants a stable asset to hold, which they won't get from a volatile market.

100% agree with it. Investing in companies which participate in the crypto-space is a safe/diversified way to still promote the industry. There's nothing wrong with diversification.

That's like saying if someone owns a house (asset), they don't fully believe in BTC

Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:29:11 AM

That's not exacting sound investment advice (investing everything in crypto, anything not going into crypto is against crypto??). Besides, if investors are more willing to invest in companies who utilise crypto, then more companies may follow suit (which is a good thing for the crypto market in general).

There's nothing wrong with diversification, and some may want to have investments related to crypto without fully being invested in crypto. I have investments in crypto, but I also have investments in equities.

Well this only shows that cryptocurrency is helping other companies in the real world to gain massive attention to investors. So, there's nothing wrong with it. The benefit is mutual too, companies developing technologies to improve or make solutions to blockchain tech, and blockchain based project utilizing this products to improve their projects. Both benefits from their ends.

Haunebu

Activity: 3038
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 22, 2019, 07:37:52 AM

Am not surprised to see Nvidia and AMD in the list since they are basically earning tons of profit thanks to cryptocurrencies. They actually raised the prices of their graphic cards due to higher demand for them which is crazy.

Most gamers I know blame crypto for this situation, but I feel this is a win-win situation for both the gaming companies and crypto overall.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2019, 09:26:45 PM

Am not surprised to see Nvidia and AMD in the list since they are basically earning tons of profit thanks to cryptocurrencies. They actually raised the prices of their graphic cards due to higher demand for them which is crazy.

Most gamers I know blame crypto for this situation, but I feel this is a win-win situation for both the gaming companies and crypto overall.

Yea, I just recently built a computer for myself & I felt the pain.
I know they had a recent downfall due to the price of Bitcoin going down, so if Bitcoin goes high I wouldn't be surprised if NVDA follows.

Well this only shows that cryptocurrency is helping other companies in the real world to gain massive attention to investors. So, there's nothing wrong with it. The benefit is mutual too, companies developing technologies to improve or make solutions to blockchain tech, and blockchain based project utilizing this products to improve their projects. Both benefits from their ends.

Couldn't agree more. The crypto/blockchain industry expanding (whether it be BTC related or not) is welcome in my books. Any further interest in the industry/market is a good thing.

Probably going to be adding a few more stock ideas via https://www.bloomberg.com/crypto, along w/ StockTwits links in thread. Stay tuned.

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2019, 07:17:25 AM

I added GBTC to the stocks list (as clearly it is *technically* a way to invest in Bitcoin). See notes at bottom of post (edited)

Also: Added BTCS Inc.

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 05:30:09 AM

Bumping

davis196

Activity: 2954
Merit: 904

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 06:09:26 AM

I've never heard anything about most of the companies in this list,except Nvidia,Microsoft,Overstock and Amazon.The crypto/blockchain related projects of those companies must have had very little impact on their stock prices,because crypto/blockchain development  is not their main business.

Initscri (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2019, 01:47:04 AM

I've never heard anything about most of the companies in this list,except Nvidia,Microsoft,Overstock and Amazon.The crypto/blockchain related projects of those companies must have had very little impact on their stock prices,because crypto/blockchain development  is not their main business.

For some, there are a few specifically blockchain related companies on there. I'll be adding more in the near future.

I'm looking to add virtually any company which could be correlated to Blockchain/BTC. As, even if it is minimal, Bitcoin would have an affect on the companies bottom line (for the most part)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: