Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:41:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What defines a HQ post. What defines a LQ post?? have your say inside come and h  (Read 858 times)
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 04:01:33 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2019, 02:12:13 AM by cryptohunter
Merited by r1s2g3 (1)

Perhaps we need to start at the beginning.

I see lots of threads how to get rid of low quality posts and reward high quality posts.

Let's all try telling each other what they see as  a low quality and high quality post.

No need to make this personal or provide peoples posts we are just defining our ideas of either type of post and what we look for.

I will listen to every post made here and see if we can examine it together and add it to either high quality or low quality.

Let's begin,

We will turn these into more nicely written and presented points when they are done.. English language experts/boffins help will be appreciated Smiley We just thrash out the points to start with and tart it up later.

HIGH QUALITY POSTS

1- new relevant information usually accompanied by observable evidence or corroborating events - that makes a new logical contribution to the discussion/debate.  

2 - The language used makes it possible for the majority of readers to understand their point. This refers to the grammar and spelling only.. not because the post is of a complexity only a few can fully analyse or grasp.

other factors that could make them positive but do not essentially change the need to meet the criteria above ..but should be of heavy consideration

3 - Scam prevention and warnings with corroborating evidence or sensible reason to claim scam. These are of VERY HIGH VALUE.

4 - The opinion of a Proven and Recognised expert in that specific field/area being discussed in the topic.

5- A post that can take complex information and concepts already presented in a thread and break them down for consumption through examples or steps to those less trained or less capable in that specific area whom would still like to gain a certain level of understanding.

LOW QUALITY POSTS.

1 - no new relevant information - (empty support faux support empty rebuttal faux rebuttal)

2 - The majority reading the thread can not understand the post because the grammar or English fall below the threshold to convey their meaning. (not just some broken English that most people should be able to piece together).  

3 - Scam pumping or promoting . These are VERY NEGATIVE.

4 - Not always, but in many cases can seen to be financially motivated

Just tell me and we can evaluate and add them here in the OP.

If later we discover things need to be added or removed through sensible debate we can do that too.

Let's just all give our POV and examine them. Should be lots of input here because this is basically the merit forum where people must have clear ideas of what they are giving it or holding it back for.

Every post and idea here will be evaluated by everyone else not just me and then added to either category above. So we all need to agree or the vast majority should be able to agree on some key points here we all must be looking for.

Try to push the things/points/criteria you look for in clear numbered order or lines not just one huge paragraph where I have to locate the actual points to list above.  Also a mini explanation of why you look for them.

ANYTHING YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THAT HAS BEEN ADDED THEN SPEAK UP AND WE CAN GET IT REMOVED IF YOU PRESENT A LOGICAL REASON IT SHOULD NOT BE THERE. OR IS I TOOK YOUR IDEA/POINT AND MUTATED IT THEN TELL ME.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 756

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 04:10:41 PM

Low quality post means,the post which is has no new information just made for the purpose of completing the minimum quota to reach the posts which is required to getting the rewards from the signature campaign which are considered to be spams.

High quality means when the post has something to read and new information or explaining any doubts for OP.Maybe made with excellent grammar too.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 04:22:12 PM

I think we should also try to define a medium quality post and determine whether it's merit worthy or not. I'd suggest a medium quality post is one that adds something but the thing added is usually something that's obvious but is still potentially merit worthy if stated by a newbie member.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 04:26:59 PM

Low quality post means,the post which is has no new information just made for the purpose of completing the minimum quota to reach the posts which is required to getting the rewards from the signature campaign which are considered to be spams.

High quality means when the post has something to read and new information or explaining any doubts for OP.Maybe made with excellent grammar too.

Lot's of very good points here.

I think this is an excellent start.

Many I agree with too.

Some we should clarify further. Some I will add straight away and will only remove if we find good reason.

To the point of.

No new information. Should we further clarify this to no new information that is relevant and objectively/logically takes the debate in either direction?

I mean should we really work hard here to thrash out what really is a good/ net positive post.

Sometimes lot of new opinions that arrive on a thread with new information( but not relevant ) that is not at all moving the debate either way are just clutter and dilution regardless of their grammar.

Does everyone agree with this ? or perhaps not? let me know. I will add points and later under their sub headings ie "new information" clarify what we all agree it means.

If you meant something else then let me know.

Alone055

Activity: 971
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2018, 04:27:04 PM

A post that answers a question or adds something to an answer given earlier, helps someone in need of help, or makes an on-topic point in any discussion is considered to be a constructive or high quality post regardless of its size or length. Having a clear grammar makes it look better, although it doesn't matter as long as the reader understands what the poster is trying to convey.

A post that doesn't add anything new to the discussion, repeats something that has already been said or in some cases, is constructed very badly (large quotes, un-understandable grammar/lines) is considered to be a nonconstructive or low quality post regardless of its size or length.

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 04:50:19 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2018, 05:15:14 PM by cryptohunter

I think we should also try to define a medium quality post and determine whether it's merit worthy or not. I'd suggest a medium quality post is one that adds something but the thing added is usually something that's obvious but is still potentially merit worthy if stated by a newbie member.

If a newbie adds anything regardless of whether others find it obvious I think they should be regarded as positive. Of course we will never entirely make an objective system.  We are just trying to see what people consider good and bad posts.  I agree a newbie should be given encouragement if possible but still should fit into our broad(ish) criteria for good or bad post. So yes I agree but will not at this time make a medium post category unless many others wish for one there because it may complicate things and bring in subjectivity that stop us having a clearer consensus on good and bad. posts.

So I agree in principle.

Honestly  I though good and bad posts would have lots criteria but actually it seems just a few statements can define a good or bad post quite accurately.

I almost think you could define the what is a good post and bad post into one statement. This surprises me.

mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 6332

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 09:31:35 PM

I could be the only one who thinks this, but in many cases language skills including grammar and spelling are not an important measure of post quality at all, some people who hardly speak English are crypto-experts, i see a few of them on the Mining forum especially,  some of them might be using Google Translator to provide some high quality posts that include advanced solutions to major problems. those to me are very HQ posts that deserve merit much more than a well written post which has nothing worthy to merit, i also don't think that someone who is providing some sort of valuable information for FREE is obligated to have any language related skills, it's the reader who needs to put some effort in understanding, on the other hand if the person is asking for help to a certain issue then he is somehow "obligated" to make himself clear if he wants to get the proper response.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18504

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 10:02:55 PM

i also don't think that someone who is providing some sort of valuable information for FREE is obligated to have any language related skills, it's the reader who needs to put some effort in understanding

Yes and no. I don't think there should be a requirement to write in perfect English by any means. While it should be the goal for every user, good spelling and grammar is not an indication of the quality of the content of the post, and shouldn't be a major factor in the decision to award a post with merit or not. Having said that, a line needs to be drawn somewhere. You cannot place the onus for understanding solely on the reader. If you write a post which I can understand on my first read through, then I don't get too worried about some minor spelling or grammar mistakes. If, however, I've read the first line 4 times and I still don't understand your point, then I'm giving up and moving on.

Communication skills are not an indication of content, but they need to be sufficient to be understandable.
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 11:13:47 PM
Last edit: December 31, 2018, 11:34:24 PM by cryptohunter

totally agree that grammar and english are not all that important

so long as you can get the general idea of what they are saying then for sure that is all they need to really achieve.

However the majority in that thread do need to be able to get an idea of what is being said right?

They need to meet a threshold level of being able to convey their message to the majority in that thread.

I will adapt the OP to take into account of this.

It is strange because I thought we could list many traits of a good and bad post. However it seems that we have nearly exhausted these traits in just 3 attempts. Therefore a good and bad post should easily identified if the person judging actually understands the points being made in the thread because there are only a few criteria it would seem.

Or perhaps there are still more we have not thought of.

Findingnemo

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 11:28:50 PM

Not only English have grammar,I said high quality posts are made with excellent grammar so it really means when someone reads it which will be really easy and understandable to them so don't confuse english with grammar anymore because there were lot of high quality posts were made in local language boards too.

Sorry my English grammar is really bad. Undecided

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 11:38:00 PM

Not only English have grammar,I said high quality posts are made with excellent grammar so it really means when someone reads it which will be really easy and understandable to them so don't confuse english with grammar anymore because there were lot of high quality posts were made in local language boards too.

Sorry my English grammar is really bad. Undecided

Don't worry everyone I am sure knows what you mean. Just replace English with whatever local board language the thread is initiated in.

Any other ideas of what makes a good post or a bad post?

r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 01:18:32 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

I guess it also depends upon the knowledge of user also.For example if I write "Good Project" then it will be LQ but if same thing written by Satoshi will be a stamp that no one will deny. LQ/HQ are directly identified by user knowledge on the subject.
LQ involves copying the article and providing the source while HQ involve comprehending the article and initiating the discussion on Pros and cons.
LQ involves just reading and replying to the OP while HQ involve reading OP and all other replies and replying to add the things that are missing in thread.

I am alive
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 04:02:21 AM

Aside from what OP said, I think sarcastic post also works. These kind of posts are short but sweet and yet they gain merits. Like one of my post. Honestly, I never expected to get merit from that one but it happened Grin.
I think we should also try to define a medium quality post and determine whether it's merit worthy or not.
In my own description, a medium quality post or sometimes I call a mediocre post are posts that are informative somehow but not as complex as high quality posts like bitcoin technical discussions. Example of those posts are opinions, friendly advises and by answering simple questions (particularly coming from newbies).

No doubt that these posts also deserve some merit because they are a little bit helpful too but since they belong in the mediocrity, others find it common and nothing special. That is why other members don't appreciate it and leading them to refuse giving some merit.
Findingnemo

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 06:31:01 AM

How about ability to tell complex things in simple way (with illustration, example, simpler words, etc.), it's really important for newcomers who wish learn more about Bitcoin/cryptocurrency.
Definitely,when someone able to tell everything in a simple way then that needs to be considered as HQ posts but sadly most of these posts weren't considered for merited.

But,In the view of common forum member long post= HQ post,this needs to be changed.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18504

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 09:07:43 AM

But,In the view of common forum member long post= HQ post,this needs to be changed.

Being able to break complex issues in to simple to understand points is a skill, as is being able to briefly and concisely state a point. There are some very long and excellent posts in Technical Discussion, for example, but equally some very long and utterly meaningless posts in other boards. I think some spammers think that if they pad their posts out they look less like spam, but they end up either endlessly repeating themselves or waffling a bunch of irrelevant nonsense. In my opinion, there is a very weak correlation between post length and post quality.
Pmalek
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 7069

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 12:51:14 PM

Most things were already mentioned so I will try not to repeat what others said.
That is a post that is first off all on-topic. Offers/supplements the needed information asked by the OP, offers a solution/step by step guide to a problem if it is needed. Doesn't repeat previous ideas that didn't work for the OP.

Low quality posts are posted just for the sake of posting something, anything. They can still be on-topic, but usually are not and in no way to they improve an existing problem or offer any kind of help or new information.    

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 04:35:12 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2019, 04:55:38 PM by cryptohunter

Okay been a bit busy so a delay - - but back now..

so I see some new points to discuss and drill down and some new good ones that I think will help us make a perfect set of comprehensive points/criteria when rewarding posts.

@r1s2g3

So just to clarify...

You are saying that if you read a white paper and your review just said "good  project" that would be a low quality response but if satoshi read the white paper and said "good project" that would be a high quality post??

Yes that is interesting ... because really it would be nice if satoshi could expand on his reasoning but still from such a person then that would be a valuable input..  Hmmm yes I do agree with you.

So how do I list this under the good post heading??

"person with known and proven expert knowledge of the specific topic giving their opinion"

good way to put it? is this what you mean?

so certain persons like GM VB DZ AM -  just replying is valuable even if not a detailed post.

I agree ... what about other people?

On this part

"LQ involves copying the article and providing the source while HQ involve comprehending the article and initiating the discussion on Pros and cons.
LQ involves just reading and replying to the OP while HQ involve reading OP and all other replies and replying to add the things that are missing in thread."

You think it is covered by this

1- new relevant information usually accompanied by observable evidence or corroborating events - that makes a new logical contribution to the discussion/debate

or not quite?

@NavI_027

sarcastic - I agree can be funny but do we think could have a double edged sword effect to offend or put down too?

perhaps we can say humorous in a positive and cheerful way?  

@ETFbitcoin

Yes this is without doubt a great skill I will list this one  as positive for sure...I like examples of analogies for things that are hard to describe or complex concepts.

conversely though do you think we can put negative if the person is capable of a complex post that provides great insight but only to those at his level or above??  no perhaps we should not put this as negative because it still has great info for the more trained or capable in that area.

Ok so post length we say is not correlated to value - this could be very true .... although complex things sometimes are nice if accompanied by examples or analogies hence the touching with breaking down complex things to be consumed by less capable or not trained in that area....

for now though we leave off post length

@Pmalek

I agree.

So I wait to see what we all think of this post and if no disagreement then I post them in them up in the OP.

I didn't think we would find any more but great some additional criteria or points came in.

annerl

Activity: 67
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 05:09:24 PM

how about posts that show  nude female in sexistic pose ? with no relevant content ?
like they have in aktueller kursverlauf? which are reportet to moderators and never get erased ?
how about such posts ?
that one and on the page 4058 all over

cryptohunter (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 05:20:32 PM

how about posts that show  nude female in sexistic pose ? with no relevant content ?
like they have in aktueller kursverlauf? which are reportet to moderators and never get erased ?
how about such posts ?
that one and on the page 4058 all over

yes that would come under no new relevant information and off topic for the majority of threads.... you are correct -- those are automatically assumed low quality posts.

this is unless the thread or topic was on female anatomy or such. In which case for a more hands on experiences in that field of exploration there are other websites where research is much more fruitful... I have been told.

So yes in 99.99% of topics here you are correct.

Do you have the direct link? I will make sure to add my support to the removal process shortly after. Thanks.

Yeahpro

Activity: 72
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 01, 2019, 05:35:21 PM

I do not think it should be classified into high and low quality posts, but rather quality and zero quality posts.
A quality post is one which is relevant to the discussion and which contains information that at least another user could find helpful and beneficial.

And a zero quality post is one which contributes nothing of value to the discussion.
High quality i think should be a well detailed, and articulated post which provides expert view on a particular topic and takes a long time to put together.
A quality post could be formed at the spur of the moment without exess effort.
A zero quality post has no effort put in.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: