Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:00:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [BLTZ] [IPO Hybrid] BlitzCoin | proof of concept coin | pure speculative  (Read 200922 times)
chango

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:14:08 PM

This coin is a perfect example of how even the worst news is good news.

Come on, 24 hours later and some pools are still forking??

+1

I've no clue why some people are still mining this fraud/scam/shit coin at all

We are attempting to prove a concept. Reality has nothing to do with it. Have you no respect for science, my friend?

When you look into DIEM for example, it had a similar concept and its working fine.. Without forks.. Mining is over now but now you can trade it.. The dev had a clue about it, the pools worked well.. This coin is like driving a 30 year old car, you have to fix it every second day.. this coin even more often Smiley

It's a pure waste of energy, mine a decent x11 coin and you'll quadruple your earnings.

mate, it's mostly your pool forked.
all other pools were fine in first hour and you ware maintaining fork for hours.

Yeah, I still doesn't understand why didn't fix it right away instead of waiting, the coin were lost already...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bocyaj

Activity: 1325
Merit: 302

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:16:26 PM

+1

We are attempting to prove a concept. Reality has nothing to do with it. Have you no respect for science, my friend?

When you look into DIEM for example, it had a similar concept and its working fine.. Without forks.. Mining is over now but now you can trade it.. The dev had a clue about it, the pools worked well.. This coin is like driving a 30 year old car, you have to fix it every second day.. this coin even more often Smiley

It's a pure waste of energy, mine a decent x11 coin and you'll quadruple your earnings.

all other pools were fine in first hour and you ware maintaining fork for hours.

Yeah, I still doesn't understand why didn't fix it right away instead of waiting the coin were lost already...

I think at the time, they were trying to make it the proper/dominant fork by getting miners to switch over cause they didn't want to lose all their coins....

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
chango

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:22:43 PM

+1

Yeah, I still doesn't understand why didn't fix it right away instead of waiting the coin were lost already...

I think at the time, they were trying to make it the proper/dominant fork by getting miners to switch over cause they didn't want to lose all their coins....

Sorry for the noob question, but is there anything the dev could have done to avoid this kind of problems ? I see a lot of people blaming the dev but I always assumed that forks are like taxes, part of life xD.
NickPortland

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:26:43 PM

+1

I thought you were a reliable, sensible person.
Such languange and attitude no matter the circumstance is only worthy of a troll.
It also seems like you were the one who f****d up in this case specifically.
Now I see I was wrong, won't be using your pools anymore either.

Official Ambassador for UTC-PND relations
*donations here*
 UTC: Ujff1xrc8brmHkRaFG3BcG5nVScXdh5Wu1 BTC: 159uuxJCfUsG44N52NUsydi2bCNeFSYyTi
chango

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:27:25 PM

+1

I thought you were a reliable, sensible person.
Such languange and attitude no matter the circumstance is only worthy of a troll.
It also seems like you were the one who f****d up in this case specifically.
Now I see I was wrong, won't be using your pools anymore either.

+1
cryptofloes

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:28:41 PM

Lets make this happen !

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.msg5934476#msg5934476
BlitzCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:31:27 PM

Sorry for the noob question, but is there anything the dev could have done to avoid this kind of problems ? I see a lot of people blaming the dev but I always assumed that forks are like taxes, part of life xD.

no, nothing I could do. he was pressuring  me to relaunch the coin that have more than 6Gh/s
all other forked pools adopted in first hour, but he maintained fork for hours.
foaman

Activity: 274

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 07:58:26 PM

+1

Blitz coin is Blackcoin without the PoS.  The concept has already been proven.  BC was 7 days mining, 10,000 coin rewards, 10,000 blocks for a total of 100,000,000.  You don't even get the 1% the BC gives you or the multipool.  This is not proof of concept this is proof of copycat.
chango

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:02:41 PM

+1

Blitz coin is Blackcoin without the PoS.  The concept has already been proven.  BC was 7 days mining, 10,000 coin rewards, 10,000 blocks for a total of 100,000,000.  You don't even get the 1% the BC gives you or the multipool.  This is not proof of concept this is proof of copycat.

Agree but since I made a ton of btc on Blackcoin I expect to make at least half of it with the copy Smiley
micryon

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:05:48 PM

Unfortunately without PoS, once mining rewards die off along with mining hash rate: maintaining mining through transaction fees is no longer secure.  This is why this will not go as high as BC.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:07:40 PM

no, nothing I could do. he was pressuring  me to relaunch the coin that have more than 6Gh/s

I think I'm sure the dev of this coin is a 13-14 yo kid without any idea how bitcoin/nodes/peers etc. work.

Of course he was able to do multiple things to let the coin NOT fork at launch, look at all the other coinlaunches without problems.

The dev is a total retard, that alone makes the coin absolutely worthless.

You cannot simply shut down a pool with 800mh/s and "resync" to an other fork assuming this is the correct one. A pool is no "windows box" which you reboot every 5 hours and shit on the users and its hashrate, you try to give them a decent service not a "f*ck you all, I'll delete everyone coins and simply jump on the other fork".

It was not just me who said you should relaunch your trash-coin, it was several users, of course NOT the users on one of the other forks.

Now, a day after the launch you STILL haven't got your coin under control moron.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
chango

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:09:10 PM

Unfortunately without PoS, once mining rewards die off along with mining hash rate: maintaining mining through transaction fees is no longer secure.  This is why this will not go as high as BC.

Not expecting to go as high, half of it is enough for me, I am not a greedy person LOL  Roll Eyes
chango

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:15:04 PM

I think I'm sure the dev of this coin is a 13-14 yo kid without any idea how bitcoin/nodes/peers etc. work.

Of course he was able to do multiple things to let the coin NOT fork at launch, look at all the other coinlaunches without problems.

You cannot simply shut down a pool with 800mh/s and "resync" to an other fork assuming this is the correct one. A pool is no "windows box" which you reboot every 5 hours and shit on the users and its hashrate, you try to give them a decent service not a "f*ck you all, I'll delete everyone coins and simply jump on the other fork".

It was not just me who said you should relaunch your trash-coin, it was several users, of course NOT the users on one of the other forks.

Now, a day after the launch you STILL haven't got your coin under control moron.

Care to explain more about what could have been done ?.

relaunch will also delete the coins of your miners or not ? keeping the pool running in the wrong fork is even worse, that decision caused a lot of wasted electricity and the coins are lost anyways.
OmarGsPools

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:19:28 PM

The P2Pool source code connects to the current network. Just make sure that you guys are correctly synced. The only reason I switched was because invalid blocks were being submitted and not paying out. That pool was receiving payout when valid blocks were found however so it was unfair to the miners.

Hopefully this issue was resolved. I'll be keeping a close eye on the P2Pool network again.

Sorry for the inconvenience

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
Just.Bet 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
DECENTRALIZED
PROVABLY FAIR
ON CHAIN GAMES
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
[/center]
bocyaj

Activity: 1325
Merit: 302

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:22:44 PM

The P2Pool source code connects to the current network. Just make sure that you guys are correctly synced. The only reason I switched was because invalid blocks were being submitted and not paying out. That pool was receiving payout when valid blocks were found however so it was unfair to the miners.

Hopefully this issue was resolved. I'll be keeping a close eye on the P2Pool network again.

Thanks Omar, I moved back to your node now.  I am watching it as well.... back down to 1/10th of what I should be getting. :-(

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
Play now

▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
binaryclock

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:23:01 PM

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
binaryclock

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:25:00 PM

Thanks Omar, I moved back to your node now.  I am watching it as well.... back down to 1/10th of what I should be getting. :-(

P2pool is terrible.  You just have to look at the orphan DOA rates of these pools to understand you're losing 20-30% of your hash rates :p

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 08:25:37 PM

relaunch will also delete the coins of your miners or not ? keeping the pool running in the wrong fork is even worse, that decision caused a lot of wasted electricity and the coins are lost anyways.

There are tons of possibilities, here are three:

1. Proper seednodes
Use dnsseed.yourcoinname.org to resolve to (at least) 6 or more nodes running the "correct" chain of the coin. The "wallets" then connect to this nodes and use them as the preffered blocksource.

2. Higher diff right from the start instead of incredible 0.00000123 diff

3. Post "addnode=" right from the start, not the pool nodes as they will sync up later on, YOUR nodes.

I believe the "dev" doesn't had enough pocket money to afford some VPS's for the seed nodes, so he fully relied on the pools, which then were all on separate forks. Yes, a relaunch for sure deletes or resets the wallets of the users, since there were multiple forks this would be the fairest possibility. This way simply one pool was chosen to be on "the right" chain and thats it.

Note that there is no really "right" chain in a fork.. Here we had the problem that there were even 4-5 forks, all different chains. So who decides which is the right/wrong fork ?  

However, the coins idea is not bad even though the dev stole the idea from someone else and postponed the launch 2 times which should make my alarm bells ring like it did for dedicatedpool already, they were right, I was wrong - shit happens. It just pisses me off that retard-dev takes absolutely no repsonsibility for his shit and instead blames others for his incompetence, his failure(s).

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
chango

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:30:54 PM

There are tons of possibilities, here are three:

1. Proper seednodes
Use dnsseed.yourcoinname.org to resolve to (at least) 6 or more nodes running the "correct" chain of the coin. The "wallets" then connect to this nodes and use them as the preffered blocksource.

2. Higher diff right from the start instead of incredible 0.00000123 diff

3. Post "addnode=" right from the start, not the pool nodes as they will sync up later on, YOUR nodes.

I believe the "dev" doesn't had enough pocket money to afford some VPS's for the seed nodes, so he fully relied on the pools, which then were all on separate forks. Yes, a relaunch for sure deletes or resets the wallets of the users, since there were multiple forks this would be the fairest possibility. This way simply one pool was chosen to be on "the right" chain and thats it.

Note that there is no really "right" chain in a fork.. Here we had the problem that there were even 4-5 forks, all different chains. So who decides which is the right/wrong fork ?  

However, the coins idea is not bad even though the dev stole the idea from someone else and postponed the launch 2 times which should make my alarm bells ring like it did for dedicatedpool already, they were right, I was wrong - shit happens. It just pisses me off that retard-dev takes absolutely no repsonsibility for his shit and instead blames others for his incompetence, his failure(s).

Thanks for the explanation!
BlitzCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 08:31:24 PM

pool op abused other people resources by keeping it mine at his pool that was forked for hours. all other pools adopted to right fork in first hour.
coin relaunch was only solution, but network was 6Gh/s and relaunch was not an option.

abusing other people resources is serious issue. it shows how easy a pool op can abuse all gpu power in private purposes.
pool op can play with other people money and resources, and it can do what he want. because of that all users need to find a reliable pool that will not decide one day he want to use their resources for hours for other purposes..

as well, ocminer didn't provide IP for addnode, like most of the pools to be honest. adding a pool IP as addnode is reducing orphans on the pool, and making forks is almost impossible.
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 »
  Print  

Jump to: