Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:05:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Most expensive cryptocurrencies on the market?  (Read 197 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
shiming

Activity: 798
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:00:55 AM

At present, the most expensive one I want to say is bitcoin, the market value is the first. It is also widely used. If it exceeds Bitcoin in unit price, it is because the quantity is very rare and is not considered.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:08:20 AM

Either expensive or not what really matters is market cap ,the coins or tokens that are expensive means nothing to investors when investing ,the call is for investors only and many investors this days prefer to buy cheaper coins and tokens hoping to get 10x profits some day ,I still prefer to buy bitcoin for long term even has expensive as it is now

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:11:41 AM

"cheap" and "expensive" are comparative characteristics for an asset. you can't call a large number "expensive" and a small one "cheap". being expensive means the coin is worth more than it should. for example an altcoin can be worth $2 and be considered expensive because its true value is $0.01 or vice versa.

Hi folks,
I know market capitalization matters much more than the actual price, but just curious, do you ever consider the actual price of the coin before buying? I mean what motivates people to buy these very expensive coins?

this is completely false. market capitalization means absolutely nothing.
the only time MC is important is when you are speculating based on how many newbies think a useless altcoin that is getting pumped is worth. newbies look at MC and think if it has a high MC it should be a good coin. but they also look at MC and think if it reaches X then it is impossible to go beyond it because X is a big number.

what you should look at is the price itself. not the value but where it is. is it undervalued or overvalued? if it is the former then buy if it is the later then sell. simple as that.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Novatech8

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 07:17:02 AM

My question is if I buy most expensive coins or token to hodl will they bring better profits than the cheaper ones ? Of cos not so it doesn't even matter ,what we investors want is the return of bullrun

tanvir232

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 10:24:57 AM

The most expensive cryptocurrency is bitcoin in the market.last few years, cryptocurrency with its heightened privacy features and decentralised nature has definitely caught the world’s attention.
NightMar_1St

Activity: 309
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 10:27:06 AM

BTC is still the most expensive currency. It is difficult for any electronic currency to replace BTC's position.
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 10:43:26 AM

Hi folks,
this seems like a trivial thread but I was reading this today > https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@thecrytotrader/5-cryptocurrencies-which-are-more-expensive-then-bitcoin
this was published one year ago.
For example, the coin named 42-coin is by far the most expensive (at the time of the article it was above $50,000, right now it is still well above $15,000 per coin).

I know market capitalization matters much more than the actual price, but just curious, do you ever consider the actual price of the coin before buying? I mean what motivates people to buy these very expensive coins?

Any constructive opinion welcome.
I do not think people are motivated to buy it, because i tried to check the 24 hours volume and i discovered how low it is.A coin might be expensive, but that does not mean it is a good coin to buy. Always do proper research before deciding to buy a coin.
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 08:06:46 PM

We have so many coin in the market that are very much expensive and I don't see any reason why people actually make purchase of this coin.

Because, most of this coin don't have a real life value to the crypto community and I can be very sure that they might not be an increase in the price of that coin anymore since it has gotten to the pick it can get, maybe there is a ways they make profit from this coins, or this coins are owned by whales in the crypto space who has a lot of money and don't know what to do with it.
I think right now, the most expensive of some of these coins that are well known is Bitcoin is we are to base it on coinmarket record, I have really not head of such coin OP mentioned that is that expensive but I can be sure that most of those coins are strictly utility coin and you would not experience any fluctuation that will make it valid for investment, they can only be used as store value and for payment because they will tend to stabilize on that.

Let us watch out for BTC, the moment BTC reaches its all-time high and there are no longer much manipulations in the market, BTC will also retain a very high value for a very long time. Like this trivia, bitcoin will be more reliable for those who want to use it for payment and store of value.
Zuxe
Copper Member

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2019, 10:21:05 PM

I think BTC is the most expensive digital currency so far, and at the same way very profitable for long-term hold.  I'm currently planning on getting it into my portfolio no matter how expensive it is.
IMZ Noo Account

Activity: 746
Merit: 26

View Profile
March 06, 2020, 01:55:11 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2020, 12:29:04 AM by IMZ Noo Account

Hi folks,
this seems like a trivial thread but I was reading this today > https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@thecrytotrader/5-cryptocurrencies-which-are-more-expensive-then-bitcoin
this was published one year ago.
For example, the coin named 42-coin is by far the most expensive (at the time of the article it was above $50,000, right now it is still well above $15,000 per coin).

Any constructive opinion welcome.
I do not think people are motivated to buy it, because i tried to check the 24 hours volume and i discovered how low it is.A coin might be expensive, but that does not mean it is a good coin to buy. Always do proper research before deciding to buy a coin.

Hey, Perfect. Thinking about the price of one coin is IMHO an error.

I've been interested in rare cryptos for a long time. Here are some thoughts: low volume is always a problem. So, bear that in mind.

The 'bottom line' is:

many coins are inflationary. And that is a downwards pressure on price. And all coins have accidental losses. And these help 'balance the numbers' where interest provides for increases in the total number of units.

And: the 'real' number of units in a currency is the number of 'whole coins' times the number of units in each coin. (And the tx fee can never be less than one of those units).

Here's the genius of 42-coin: it's deflationary: some tx fees are destroyed during transactions. And in the first place, there were only 42 times 100,000,000 units (standard 'sats' = 0.00000001)

So, any lost units are . . . lost. And meanwhile, the total number of units is being slowly whittled away. And in a world in which quantitative easing is creating phunnee munnee at stupendous rates, I find the notion of a hard-core deflationary 'instrument' a very interesting thing.

Note: check 42 on Livecoin. The amounts traded are tiny. No one is likely to ever put a whole coin on the market.

The Legendary 'IMZ' account is/was me. 'IndiaMikeZulu' has been active since May, 2013
BTC: 19ses99BZvyv7y3Dbh39rFnZEdGSh98QNn  Peercoin: PFuPgov1ZWoqtmtdET8nS5rij3KHVuZZHC
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: