Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:41:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what is the state of ETH now in terms of scalability?  (Read 327 times)
ggbtctalk000 (OP)

Activity: 394
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 12:45:08 AM

Instead of arguing, here are the main technical diff: https://coincentral.com/ethereum-vs-eos/
spent few minutes and my digest:

eth:
+true decentralization
+more popular
+/-language solicity is not everyday programmer's tool but not hard to pick up either
-slower

eos:
-/+21 nodes process instead of 1000-s nodes so here are their key to scalability
-not decentralized
-not as popular as etherium

If eth2.0 can really solve both the problem of decentralization and scalability, it will beat the EOS and retain its king of dapp position, i think.

casper protocol - enabler of POS
plasma - bitcoin equivalent of lightning network

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AlphaGoo

Activity: 396
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2018, 08:43:11 AM

Don't count on Ethereum's technological breakthroughs. The price of Ethereum is related to Bitcoin. Only Bitcoin will rise to Ethereum before it can rise. Now Ethereum is facing danger. This decline will make many altcoins disappear.

ryanfromrethink

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 07:36:39 AM

I do not like the state in which all crypto-currencies are in, let alone Ethereum. I think we just have to wait a little bit and then everything will be really super cool. That's normal for me.
KOF97

Activity: 359

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 07:49:34 AM

I think EOS can cause more attention because ERC-20 has too many scams, which makes many investors and hunters lose confidence in Ethereum!

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
thaliaand

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 14, 2018, 08:16:51 AM

I haven't been following the eth news but heard some negative stories about its scalability problem and there are better coins i.e. EOS. Is it true? There has been also talk about POS type verification which apparently not happening yet. Difficulty has dropped substantially looking at difficulty graph at bitinfocharts. Any news worth hearing in regards to technical development and progress? Thanks.,
The scalability issue has been the main focus of the ethereum developers since a year ago or even more. But the major upgrade will happen in 2019 which is Constantinople hard fork at block 7,080,000. The fork comprises five set of EIPS  (Ethereum Improvement Proposals) to be released in order to smooth the transition prosess from PoW to PoS consensus algorithm. This will include the solution to the scalability issue.
Well, we can only wait for it.
TomInVa57

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 16, 2018, 08:14:24 AM

Now the state of Ethereum can be said to be average. But I like many investors rely on the most positive changes and now I think that they will be possible after a short period of time
dfktynby1004
Copper Member

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2018, 09:48:13 PM

Ethereum's scalability problem at the moment is based on their new project, which everyone is waiting for and which they can't launch. So it all depends on the desire of developers.

Collinberg

Activity: 407
Merit: 14

Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2018, 10:06:55 PM

Sadly, scalability is still an issue in the ethereum blockchain but let us not forget that the king of Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin) also faves such issues as well but with time, I think it would be a problem of the past.

Diva1993
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

Custom Contract Network (CCN)

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 10:09:12 PM

The Ethereum Hardfork in 2019 promises to bring about some good innovations but let us keep our hands crossed till it happens, I believe in the future of ethereum and j believe that the developers has big plans for it's future, the scalability issue might be soon relegated to the past

CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
December 23, 2018, 10:15:35 PM

Ethereum 2.0 is on the way and it is renamed to  "Serenity". Vitalik presented on the conference in Prague
the upcoming development upgrades and it seems the scalability issue will be solved as they are expecting
x1000 higher scalability. One of the expected features is the pure POS consensus as well.

That's exactly what ether as a coin dies, and new forks are being developed, where they solve the problem of scalability. Vitalik goes in the wrong direction, this is the path to nowhere.

how are you so sure that Vitalik is in the wrong direction? have you done something already like what Vitalik did in the crypto world? maybe he's seeing something different than what ordinary individuals can. the very reason how he created the ethereum platform. he had visions that no one can think of yet. let's see...
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 24, 2018, 03:03:20 PM

ETH will resolve it`s issues with scaling with the upcoming upgrades called Serenity. The next upgrade will be mid January 2019 with Constantinople hard fork. It will soften the transition from POW to POS consensus algorithm.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
Hades92

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2018, 04:11:50 PM

we need to know is scalability is the inability of a blockhain network system the number of excessive transactions together I think like bitcoin also has the same problem. but in january 2018 I read an article where doge and ethereum worked together namely trubeit to solve scalable calculations on blockhain

▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄ ▀    GORECRUIT    ▀ ▄ ▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▄▀▀▀▀
▬▬   ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR HR BASED ON BLOCKCHAIN   ▬▬
Whitepaper   Telegram   [  Pre-Sale 》 24th October  ]   Facebook   Twitter
romanij

Activity: 882
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 08:07:42 AM

Now with the scalability of the Ethereum, things are quite deplorable, due to the fact that we do not see any movements in this direction. If earlier they were interested in this problem, now they are not
kravas86

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2018, 08:45:52 PM

I somehow do not recall any particular problems with Ethereum scalability , perhaps this problem will arise in 2019, since the new system will improve, and its performance remains questionable.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
Ozero

Activity: 2044
Merit: 180

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
December 31, 2018, 12:17:59 PM

Sadly, scalability is still an issue in the ethereum blockchain but let us not forget that the king of Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin) also faves such issues as well but with time, I think it would be a problem of the past.
So far, there are problems with scalability in both Bitcoin and ethereum. When in other promising coins the level of scalability is tens and hundreds of thousands of transactions per second, then in ethereum - 15, and in Bitcoin - 7. The leaders of cryptocurrency have already begun to move away from other cryptocurrencies. After the expected improvements in ethereum in mid-January, ethereum's scalability will improve significantly, but it is not yet clear how much. Earlier, they wrote that the Plasma project involved hundreds of thousands of transactions per second for ethereum, but so far there are no exact numbers.

Garry_1

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2019, 11:32:03 AM

Ethereum currently has lowered the price that surprised many people, but now we have the opportunity to buy and own it, so immediately buy Ethereum right now, before the price will rise even higher, and of course someday you will regret not buying at the price down as has happened now.You can be positive that the price of Ethereum would increase. You can buy ETH from CoinSwitch at best rates.

Friend, don't be too upset with ethereum because of this bad market. Be patient and stay calm, ethereum is the best altcoin and it will be possible for ethereum to rise up and have a high price.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: