Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:21:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ETH Fork  (Read 688 times)
Ferris419

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 07:54:02 AM

With the new Ethereum fork - Do we need to do anything with our ETH which is on a cold wallet

Nothing to do need at this time. Usually myetherwallet better for all over Ethereum support token. Otherwise hardware wallet also great for safe and secure transactions. We should keep calm any moment. Cold mind can help to improve our knowledge.

Bitcoin is gonna hit 100K usd
antsam

Activity: 2044
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2019, 08:07:03 AM

I think the safest place is to keep it in a wallet like Myetherwallet. Because usually not all exchange wallets support it. But you can make sure to the exchange so you can enjoy this fork
warcarft3

Activity: 415
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:15:50 AM

The branch of Ethereum is different from BCH. The branch of Ethereum is to make Ethereum better developed and upgraded. This is a good thing.

Ditlycel

Activity: 263
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:16:22 PM

With the new Ethereum fork - Do we need to do anything with our ETH which is on a cold wallet
Nothing to do )
just keep up to the moment when there is a fork on the block then you can safely withdraw funds )

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:33:47 PM

You have to own your Ethers. i mean you have to have private key from the wallet.
There will be 3 hard forks, one of them is scam - Ethereum Nowa, so be careful.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
otundebis

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 08:46:36 PM

Ethereum is making improvements to it's platform from service like transaction,  scaling for more uses of Ethereum platform and reducing the reward of mining.  I also think this will set a stage for Pos mining!

sergoia65

Activity: 154
Merit: 6

Files.fm - Store, Share and Sell Files

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 09:13:28 PM

Yes, for a cold wallet you will not get new models. It is indispensable for them to be placed on the stockpile, which will support the performance of the device. ACCEPT Binance, as soon as you get new models, you can give them or give them away. Older can turn back to the cold strap

✦ files.fm library ✦
P2P File Catalog & Marketplace with AI and Blockchain Payments
levvv

Activity: 532
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 02:18:19 AM

In most forks, storing the coin in your own personal wallet is the best option for forking.
Because they usually taking snapshot balance and send the fork coin later if you can give the proof of your wallet ownership.
So, better hold in the wallet which you have the key.
nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 03:16:37 PM

The new Ethereum forks, you don't need to do anything, just put the ETH in your wallet before the specified time.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 03:25:12 PM

You should find an exchange that is going to support the Ethereum hardfork within several weeks. Ethereum is a great coin and I think almost every exchange will support this fork so you do not need to worry at all.

You are right I think fork happening will not be a big deal for exchanges, however eth is slowly pumping which is a great sign for the investors who were waiting from long days.

EthanKai

Activity: 158

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 03:31:05 PM

If your ETH is in your personal wallet that you have securely hold your private and account information, no need to do anything as the update of a better ethereum blockchain will just take effect with your wallet intact. Also, stakes for ETCV and ETN for every ETH you have requires your ETH in your personal wallet to receive it. The Constantinople hardfork, on the other hand, allows you to even hold on some specific exchange like Kucoin, Binance.

╒═══════════════════     DEXAGE     ═══════════════════╕
██   WP   ████████     Multi-Tier Trading Ecosystem     ████████   OP   ██
╘═════════   FACEBOOK ◄ TWITTER ► TELEGRAM   ══════════╛
Ditlycel

Activity: 263

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 03:33:15 PM

You can keep on a cold wallet, you can also on the binance exchange confirmed that it will support the Ethereum fork and it will be traded there

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
ajaymukund

Activity: 784

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 03:36:46 PM

I think you should hold it. Do not sell it at any price. ETH has a new transformation in new technology and its children will be great in the future. Many people are looking to buy ETH at high prices to get new altcoin. So cherish it and don't sell it at any costs.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
accounting 181293

Activity: 662
Merit: 11

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 03:40:02 PM

there are several hardforks that will occur this month. if you want to get ETCV coins you have to put eth in a personal wallet like MEW or imtoken. but this is not an official hardfork by the ethereum team.

the only hardfork that the ethereum team will do is Constantinople's hardfork. in this fork will not produce new coins.
ub27

Activity: 559
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 03:41:45 PM

You should move ETH to exchanges that support hard fork. I have seen the message coming from big exchanges like binance. Okex. Coinex ... they confirmed that it will support hard fork ETH
rasulibragimavic

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 03:52:16 PM

It is best to wait for the official statement from the development team on the account of the cold wallet but I think that it will need to be just synchronized. I have heard that wallets Jaxx, Coinomi, MyEtherWallet, Ledger Nano will support a fork but it is better to wait for the official statement. I'm only in MyEtherWallet.

VENUSENERGY | CRYPTOCURRENCY  M I N I N G
https://venusenergy.io/
darewaller

Activity: 2814
Merit: 634

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 04:49:36 PM

Could this be something like an experiment for bitcoin? I mean I know rich getting richer was exactly what bitcoin was created against but PoW creates a bigger problem in that sense. People with equipment mine a lot more than other people and even more than people who can't afford any equipment at all. If we could at least turn bitcoin into PoS system we could make sure we each get same % on what we put in.

Ethereum will test this out now and we will see absolutely no difference between people who have a million ethereum and just 10 ethereums, they will both have same % of income no matter how much they have. Maybe bitcoin could transition to something like that and since bitcoin had scaling issues not having any miners and not depending on them could be a bit better ? We need to see how ETH will scale before we can make that decision of course.
matchi2011

Activity: 1456
Merit: 267

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 04:57:10 PM

You should move ETH to exchanges that support hard fork. I have seen the message coming from big exchanges like binance. Okex. Coinex ... they confirmed that it will support hard fork ETH
Or you can store it with wallet that support the fork to received your allotted rewards, you should read more about this incoming forks and enjoy the benefits of getting the amount of free money after it became available inside any exchange that will cater this new coin that will coming out from ETH
chain, hold your coin while the fork is ongoing just like what many have said make sure that it is a compatible wallet to enjoy.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 05:08:57 PM

Could this be something like an experiment for bitcoin? I mean I know rich getting richer was exactly what bitcoin was created against but PoW creates a bigger problem in that sense. People with equipment mine a lot more than other people and even more than people who can't afford any equipment at all. If we could at least turn bitcoin into PoS system we could make sure we each get same % on what we put in.

Ethereum will test this out now and we will see absolutely no difference between people who have a million ethereum and just 10 ethereums, they will both have same % of income no matter how much they have. Maybe bitcoin could transition to something like that and since bitcoin had scaling issues not having any miners and not depending on them could be a bit better ? We need to see how ETH will scale before we can make that decision of course.
why does bitcoin need it? I think the idea of ETH will not work. I believe that the Bitcoin algorithm is the most unique and effective

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
Hagi11

Activity: 82
Merit: 3

Always look on the bright side of Life

View Profile
January 04, 2019, 05:11:06 PM

i thing Binance will List ETCV  first price 0,1 Dollar is possible?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: