Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:10:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful, Google knows more about you than you can imagine!  (Read 825 times)
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 02:32:14 PM

Privacy-stealing companies are standing strong because of people like you, the people who're not very concerned about their privacy. Google doesn't need our 2-years of location data to tell us where our mobile phone is currently located.

Understand the "true price of privacy" mate!

Are you ready? Here is all the data Facebook and Google have on you

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/mar/28/all-the-data-facebook-google-has-on-you-privacy
Thanks for link to interesting article. In past I already checked what Google and Facebook have collected about me. And I didn't found anything surprising, because I don't keep all my life in these services. When I want some privacy I use  For example, my location history is empty. Google personalised ads profile isn't accurate at all - they show that I interested in american football, jazz, cricket, comercial cars, celebrity news, bodybuilding or fashion, but I haven't searched for these things at all. So, I can't say that Google knows everything about me.
But there is few things that I concerned. First - Google have all photos which were taken with my phone. Another thing - they have all data from my email. But you can request Google to Facebook to delete all data that they have about you if you worried about your privacy. But I'm not planning to do that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 02:40:58 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2019, 03:00:20 PM by vapourminer
Merited by Welsh (4)

while i do believe google etc tracks and keeps too much info with no option to really opt out its the price one pays for the convenience of using their device or service, which is very useful at times. so i dont stress about it.

now i do believe privacy is a right, and it can still be achieved, you just need to work harder at it and give up a lot of conveniences. so while i think too much info is being kept, im willing to go along with it. for now anyway. the convenience factor outweighs the privacy im am willingly giving up.

re: cellphones, especially smartphones. as someone mentioned it is amazing what you can get from all the internal sensors. of course the phone needs to be powered up.. dont need gps or a cell signal, just dead reckoning using stored readings, which can be saved even in airplane more or whatever, and transmitted when it connects again. download some of those apps that can read the cell sensors. you may be impressed. or alarmed. my note 4, which is old tech now, can recreate anywhere ive been based on passive sensors alone. just need the data history.

supposedly one can map your house layout based on passive phone sensors. without gps or any location services. rooms and floors can be mapped just based on the passive phone sensors. even property layout like outside structures and such to a lessor extent .. again by dead reckoning and pressure changes, not with location services, cell tower info or gps or any of that stuff. nothing that city hall doesnt have but still a good demonstration of the capabilities of smartphone sensors.

Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 02:45:55 PM

Yep i know but what user like me can do ? always use Tor o VPN ,there is activity which we can del but ofcrs. i dont belive its realy being deleted by them maybe in near future blockchain would resolve this problem but for this moment we all depend from Gigant like Google and its reality we have what we can do?
Pmalek
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 7092

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 09:25:55 PM

This article is from 2017 but still proves the point how unsafe everything we do online is. Hijacking and Hacking cellphone numbers to gain access to user accounts and login details, nasty stuff...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/21/business/dealbook/phone-hack-bitcoin-virtual-currency.html
keung0109

Activity: 164
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 12:51:13 AM

exactly why we need that web 3.0 brotha
bitmedia

Activity: 291
Merit: 100

BitMedia.IO

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 12:50:13 PM

Facebook too Wink
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 04:05:20 PM

exactly why we need that web 3.0 brotha
Facebook too Wink

Please do us a favor and stay away from "Serious discussion" board.
Cryptotina

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 09:55:25 AM

This is creepy; I'm sure that I never turned on anything named as "Location History":

"Explore Timeline" gives me a list of about 37 places that I visited in 2017-18!

Should we stop using Android? Roll Eyes
Stop using Android? Do you also want us to go back to the days of carriage? Or Elizabeth era.. Although it won't be so bad I think 🤔 But! I don't mind if Google even knows my ancestors.. So long they keep it secure from outsiders. Lols this is making one become paranoid a bit 😁
Goodvalony

Activity: 616
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 06, 2019, 04:20:53 PM

you can imagine the world we are living in now. they will preach security yet all your information are right there with them at their finger tips. no wonder some government agencies refused to use Mobile phones, and smart phones for official duties. i don't think there is privacy again on the internet.
shield132

Activity: 2198
Merit: 848

View Profile
March 07, 2019, 11:29:48 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

Btw the most curious thing here is how google masks it's tracking. It looks like google is doing best for you and your experience but in reality they want to obtain as much information as possible and then analyze all of them for marketing strategies and for different things.
That sucks a lot, it's a shame.
markstivn98

Activity: 154
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 08, 2019, 11:35:20 AM

It really is dangerous.
The privacy is at great risk as technology advances
. I think they get everything they want when registering in email.
And connect to the Internet. Operate the property of the site ..
 This is useful when you steal your device only.
Cryptotina

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 16, 2019, 09:32:18 PM

Oh come on! 😄 We can't always have it clean. In every good thing, exist bad thing and vice versa. So sure they can track, use and steal anyone's id.. But we also have choices to either stop using their products/services and create ours...or we can just sue them lol. Anyway, we can't have everything or anything without slight fault at least Smiley
jjbanks994

Activity: 255
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 09:17:38 PM

You think they are secure with their 2FA and passwords and all these captcha quizzes but in reality we are all being tricked with what information they know about us
Raja_MBZ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
April 25, 2019, 09:27:40 PM

You think they are secure with their 2FA and passwords and all these captcha quizzes but in reality we are all being tricked with what information they know about us

Well...

>Google's reCAPTCHA service doesn't track/retrieve anything else other than the solution to the problem they provided.

>2FA solely depends upon your system's clock/date time and your 2FA backup code. Google doesn't really record anything from this either.

>Not sure what you mean by "passwords".

From now on, please remember that you all are posting in "Serious discussion" section, and any non-serious post will get reported.
TheHas

Activity: 616
Merit: 167

View Profile
April 26, 2019, 02:00:00 AM

If you're worried about Google as a company recording your information, maybe try the Brave Browser (instead of Chrome). They are taking steps to ensure ads are blocked and your information is kept private.

If you use Chrome and Google is your main search engine, pretty sure Google will have an excellent picture of who you are as a person. If you care about that, then could be a good idea to switch Browsers, or invest in some other blocking tools like a few users have mentioned.
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 6969

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2019, 06:56:04 PM

If you use Chrome and Google is your main search engine, pretty sure Google will have an excellent picture of who you are as a person. If you care about that, then could be a good idea to switch Browsers, or invest in some other blocking tools like a few users have mentioned.
DuckDuckGo over Google as your search engine is a must.

I'm not sure if I should trust Brave, so I keep using Firefox. But being based on Chromium (which AFAIK is "open-source Chrome") doesn't make it less-privacy oriented? I don't know how that works for sure.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: