Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:29:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Soft Language: Tautological Replacements  (Read 350 times)
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 07:53:32 PM

There is something called "Euphemism" in literature. It's a better way of expressing a bitter truth. Even though it still doesn't obstruct the intrinsic meaning, it does help the impact to be mild. Soft language is valuable. Otherwise Americans would be free to call Mr. Trump an idiot right to his face. But they do have a soft way of saying it.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 08:36:01 PM

By your own logic then I would be justified in attacking you. You are willing to put me in danger, therefor you are a direct threat to me and force is justified.

Yes.

Well, I am glad you can see the error in your logic -_-
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 09:11:43 AM

By your own logic then I would be justified in attacking you. You are willing to put me in danger, therefor you are a direct threat to me and force is justified.

Yes.

You're even dumber than what you seem.

I'm saying that there is no error in my logic and that you are justified to attack me.

We're in completely opposed ideologies. There is NO WAY to live together. We have never managed to reach even one consensus on anything. Not even once.

You are everything I hate and despise and I guess it's the same for you. Hence force is fully justified unless we can live far enough from each other.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 02:15:39 PM

Yes.

You're even dumber than what you seem.

I'm saying that there is no error in my logic and that you are justified to attack me.

We're in completely opposed ideologies. There is NO WAY to live together. We have never managed to reach even one consensus on anything. Not even once.

You are everything I hate and despise and I guess it's the same for you. Hence force is fully justified unless we can live far enough from each other.

Yahuh. You are quick to enter into death battles with people you don't know on the internet aren't you? If you can take a break from LAARPing for a second, you can see I said "by your own logic" not "we can never agree and we are justified in killing each other." I only support violence in defense from violence, and to a lesser extent to protect ones rights and property.

You however were very eager to toss debate out the window in favor of violence. Little boy, you don't even have a clue what you are trying to get into. You have no frame of reference for which to understand the hell your play revolution is going to cost, because one day it is going to get VERY real.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:18:20 PM

You say

I answer that I stand by my own logic. That's all.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 02:56:22 PM

You say

I answer that I stand by my own logic. That's all.

Well that should be fun having nothing to stand by.
mOgliE
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:02:43 PM

It's quite fun to see how empty is your speech. I've never seen you bring anything on the discussion. You're just here to troll without bringing anything constructive. Even on a discussion where we agree you're still the sad little rat coming to point finger towards "leftists" saying how horrible they are.

You're a sad, angry little man that's for sure.

But I forgive you. You're not even responsible for it. You probably strongly lack any education and I bet you never had more than 5 books at home.

You most certainly had a hard life working a lot hence giving you little time to think.

I don't condemn you for being what you are now. You're a product of your environment.  Kiss

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:46:29 PM

It's quite fun to see how empty is your speech. I've never seen you bring anything on the discussion. You're just here to troll without bringing anything constructive. Even on a discussion where we agree you're still the sad little rat coming to point finger towards "leftists" saying how horrible they are.

You're a sad, angry little man that's for sure.

But I forgive you. You're not even responsible for it. You probably strongly lack any education and I bet you never had more than 5 books at home.

You most certainly had a hard life working a lot hence giving you little time to think.

I don't condemn you for being what you are now. You're a product of your environment.  Kiss

To be sure, TECHSHARE has had his troubles in life. Thank you for forgiving him. Now if you could only become as logical as he is...

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
actmyname (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 06:00:03 PM

To be sure, TECHSHARE has had his troubles in life. Thank you for forgiving him. Now if you could only become as logical as he is...

Cool
You know it's going to be a great thread when BADecker replies to it. I'm excited.
Let's redirect the argument back to full points rather than ad-hominem, yes?

Do you want free speech to have no restrictions*, full stop?

*I do realize that free = no restrictions is a tautology but we are using "free speech" as the term

_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 07:36:55 AM

George Carlin is one of my favorite comedians; wish we had another one of him.

I'm not a fan of "political correctness": people simply find new ways to put the same old meaning on new words and phrases. Forcing others into acting politically correct has replaced genuine respect, or disrespect with people who are constantly offended by everything: these circumstances  don’t leave much room for open discussion, debate or healthy discourse.

actmyname says
“Why confuse people to "avoid negativity" when you're still discussing the same thing?”

Also: in today’s climate of “political correctness” frequently... negative connotations are added to words where they didn’t exist to begin with.

actmyname,
I want speech to have very few restrictions by my government.
I would like citizens to start putting more restrictions on our government.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: