Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:48:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Electrum - Lightweight Bitcoin Client  (Read 274472 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 12:23:30 PM

Electrum servers today are really overloaded. I try to not use too many servers in order to lower the knowledge of my combined wallets addresses but i try 2 servers all the time and i have a really hard time connecting.

Maybe the server software might need an update to work faster like a server admin wrote here once?

Anyway... version 2.3.2 at least tries to reconnect faster than 2.1.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 12:04:10 AM

Edit: Managed to get Electrum 2.4.1 running on my Win 8.1 pc. I'm however unable to make use of it as it does not pickup the Trezor plugin. I can see the Trezor plugin file in the plugin folder but when going to Plugin's on the Electrum menu there is no Trezor option so unable to use this version as all my wallets are on a Trezor.

Did previous versions of Electrum work with your Trezor?
needmoney
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1023

I am a good bro

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:58:07 PM

Version 2.1.1 isn't synchronize Huh Huh

▄▄█▀▀█▄▄
  ▄▄█████▄▄█████▄▄
████  ███  ███  ████
  ▀▀█████▀▀█████▀▀

▀█▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄█▀▀   ▄▄█
 ▀▀███▄▄     ▄▄██▀██
     ▀███   ██▀  ▄█
██     ██  ██ ▄██▀██
▀██    ██  ███▀  ▄██
 ▀███▄▄██  ██ ▄███▀
    ▀▀███  ▀██▀▀
.Just.Bet. 

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
DICE
LOTTERY
PLINKO
COIN FLIP
CRASH
WHEEL
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
        ███████       ▄▄██▄
                  ▄▄███▀▀██▄
      ██████   ▄███████▄▄███▄
               ▀██  █████████▄
                ▀█████████▀▀██▄
████████████     ▀███▀▀███▄▄██▀
██  ████  ██      ▀██▄▄███▀▀
█████▀▀█████  ██   ▀██▀▀
█████▄▄█████
██  ████  ██   ██████
████████████
TRUSTLESS
DECENTRALIZED
TRANSPARENT
..PLAY NOW..
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 01:38:11 PM

It seems the 2 servers i use, for privacy reasons i try to avoid using more, are not able to give me a connection again while spamming is going on. It seems they are overworked or so.

At least the last portable version i use, 2.3.2 tries to reconnect way faster But even that is not working for hours now. If i really need my wallet i would need to try other servers, which i would prefer being able to avoid because of connecting bitcoin wallet addresses.

There seems to be a problem with exchange rates plugin too. I can not chose a currency when i chose a service. And i tried to do so because the plugin stopped showing the exchange rates. I don't know how this might be connected with the spamming. Is there a central server dealing with that and it contains an electrum server too?

Only a headsup. I believe at the moment the electrum server software might be the bottleneck for electrum as a whole.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 08:43:03 PM

It seems electrum version 2.3.2 forgets the socks-settings with every restart. I don't know if it is already fixed in later versions though.

RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2015, 08:48:49 PM

I'm running Electrum 2.3.2 portable and have not had any issues today.

Notes, mine is set to auto connect so that would make a difference. Just sent a transaction about 5 minutes ago without problems.

In regards to the exchange rate plugin. Mine is set to CoinDesk for USD and it seems to be working fine.
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:51:06 AM

My servers have struggled and work has made it tough to keep them online as much as I would like the last 24 hours.  Getting things sorted now..

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2015, 07:07:28 PM

I'm running Electrum 2.3.2 portable and have not had any issues today.

Notes, mine is set to auto connect so that would make a difference. Just sent a transaction about 5 minutes ago without problems.

In regards to the exchange rate plugin. Mine is set to CoinDesk for USD and it seems to be working fine.

It works today again. I'm not sure if the spamming stopped or what the reason is. But yes, i chose to implement another server in my list of servers i use and it worked with him. I only try to not send the knowledge about my addresses to too many random internet users.

The exchange rate works again too.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 08:25:43 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2015, 10:05:20 PM by SebastianJu

Today it seems even worse. It seems all old servers vanished from the serverlists and the server i added to my trusted servers yesterday lags for nearly 70 blocks. Even after restart of electrum.  Shocked

And i see that after the restart of electrum portable 2.3.2 the socks setting is gone again. I don't know why that happens, it did not with 2.1.

Edit: I created 2 new wallets with 2.3.2 and it's the same with the socks-settings there.

Edit 2: It seems the plugin form is not working fully fine too. When i enable a plugin then the settings button isnt't showing up instantly, only after i close and reopen the form. And label sync only shows Force Upload and so on buttons. I can't setup the login details for some reason. And when i click one of these buttons then i get the error message:
[Errno 1] _ssl.c:504: error_1407742E:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert protocol version

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 11:59:09 AM

Can it be that VPN-Server block Electrum server by default? I had often problems when using HideMyAss VPN with electrum but mostly i could simply chose another ip, so another server and it worked again. But today this did not work and i had to disable the vpn in order to access electrum. They otherwise would not connect.

So are serverproviders, where hidemyass is renting servers from, ban electrum ip's? I wonder what's the reason for that if true.

tnkflx

Activity: 349

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 03:09:27 PM

Can it be that VPN-Server block Electrum server by default? I had often problems when using HideMyAss VPN with electrum but mostly i could simply chose another ip, so another server and it worked again. But today this did not work and i had to disable the vpn in order to access electrum. They otherwise would not connect.

So are serverproviders, where hidemyass is renting servers from, ban electrum ip's? I wonder what's the reason for that if true.

Isn't that something you should ask them?

| Operating electrum.be & us.electrum.be |
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 02:27:08 PM

Isn't that something you should ask them?

Yeah, i might, though it might be that other users have similar experiences. Since most vpn providers only rent servers from serverproviders. Might be that others had something similar happening sine i guess when one big provider would decide to block then this would affect many vpn providers.

Today i have no problem anymore. Must have been something different.

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 04:42:53 PM

I had version 1.9.8 and at this time my btc balance is zero.  I just downloaded 2.4.4 for windows 8.1  Now I have both icons but only 2.4.4 actually works. 

The problem is that all my prior transactions have the decimal moved 3 places to the right so that a transaction of 1 btc reads 1000  and a balance of 23.123456 reads 23123.456  I guess I should have left some btc in there Grin

I was going to transfer btc to electrum but because of this I transferred to core instead.

Has anybody heard of this happening?  Is there a way of correcting the Hx?  Will there be any issues going forward?
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 08:33:08 PM

I had version 1.9.8 and at this time my btc balance is zero.  I just downloaded 2.4.4 for windows 8.1  Now I have both icons but only 2.4.4 actually works. 

The problem is that all my prior transactions have the decimal moved 3 places to the right so that a transaction of 1 btc reads 1000  and a balance of 23.123456 reads 23123.456  I guess I should have left some btc in there Grin

I was going to transfer btc to electrum but because of this I transferred to core instead.

Has anybody heard of this happening?  Is there a way of correcting the Hx?  Will there be any issues going forward?

Your settings were reset. Didn't you get the idea that the unit was switched from BTC to mBTC?

Simply change it back in the settings. Might need an electrum restart.

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 09:28:46 PM

Your settings were reset. Didn't you get the idea that the unit was switched from BTC to mBTC?

Simply change it back in the settings. Might need an electrum restart.

TY, as usual I am clueless.  Good thing I'm lucky!
Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:13:39 AM

Hello, I hope someone can help an Electrum newbie:

I am running Electrum on Linux Mint 17.2.

Today I wanted to fire up the wallet from my menu but it simply does nothing.

Starting it in a terminal with "Electrum --help" gives me the output:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/electrum", line 48, in <module>
    imp.load_module('electrum', *imp.find_module('lib'))
ImportError: No module named lib

I'm not aware to have made any changes to my configuration or libraries except the usual suggested security updates.

What am I to do?

Thanks a bunch!

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:23:13 AM

Code:

I'm not aware to have made any changes to my configuration or libraries except the usual suggested security updates.

What am I to do?

Thanks a bunch!

Do you mean nothing happens when you try to open it ? I had this kind of issue on my Windows version sometime ago , all I needed to do is removing the .config  file which should be find on the AppData folder , I assume that Linux Mint have something simillar to that , if yes then try to remove the file like I told you , that should do the job .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:32:42 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 10:20:39 AM by Shrikez

Code:

What am I to do?

Thanks a bunch!

Do you mean nothing happens when you try to open it ? I had this kind of issue on my Windows version sometime ago , all I needed to do is removing the .config  file which should be find on the AppData folder , I assume that Linux Mint have something simillar to that , if yes then try to remove the file like I told you , that should do the job .

Yes, nothing happens. And no, deleting the config didn't help but thank you anyway, I appreciate it Smiley

UPDATE: For the time being I recovered my funds by installing Electron on my Windows partition and recovering the wallet with the seed. I'd rather not use Windows though so the problem remains.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
HardcoreSuperstar

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 07:32:20 AM

Where is the portable version?

I just cannot find it in the download page: https://electrum.org/#download

RustyNomad

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 12:55:30 PM

Where is the portable version?

I just cannot find it in the download page: https://electrum.org/#download

Its called the 'Standalone executable' but its not working properly. Just tested the latest version 2.5 which was released a couple of hours ago and the standalone still forces the files onto the main drive of the PC so it cannot function as a true standalone.

Last proper version which works as it should in standalone mode is version 2.3.2 which can be downloaded from here: https://download.electrum.org/

Just scroll almost all the way down and look for 'electrum-2.3.2-portable.exe'. This version can be placed on a USB drive and run from there. It will also create all folders and files in the same location so its 'truly' portable.
Pages: « 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 »
  Print  

Jump to: