Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:06:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternative Electricity for Mining  (Read 28061 times)
chipless (OP)

Activity: 559
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 03:21:28 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2019, 07:53:50 AM by chipless
Merited by hahahafr (1)

If you want 100% Free power this thread is not for you. This thread is about reducing your mining power costs

If you are not an expert or have very good knowledge of wind and solar systems please refrain from the negative comments.
I don't care if you are an electrician or anything else again if you do not know about wind and solar systems refrain from negative comments please.

With this system you can reduce your power cost to almost nothing or nothing if you build it a little different.

The generator head is a PMG type NOT an alternator!! THey look similar but the internals are different.

The inverter I have listed has many great features, has built in battery charger for emergencies,
all lines have line out for direct connection to breaker box, has power plugs also.

Total cost is about $3000 to build and can be used to power other things such as a house if you aren't a miner.

The PMG generator head is turned by the 1/2 hp electric motor it costs about 35 a month to run that motor 24/7 from my home wiring.

The motor turns the PMG generator head which in turn keeps the batteries charged to run the inverter.

If I plug my miners in my home wiring my electric is over 400 a month.

So it is cheaper to run the electric motor on my home wiring then it is to run the miner on home wiring..

The inverter is 15kw-60kw output which is enough to run many miners.
(This same amount of electric on a home line would cost you hundreds of dollars per month)

The generator head produces 2000 watts of 24vdc then uses the inverter to convert the 24vdc@2000 watts back into battery bank to help you get up to 15-60kw 115/220vac useable power. Batteries and charging may vary. The more power used more batteries and charging power needed. You can add more generator heads and batteries easily or a larger motor if needed.

If you have enough to spare you could run the electric motor from the inverter also which would then create a loop and run 100% free.
Proven can be done by many youtube videos.

This setup isn't for people running 1 or 2 miners unless they are high power use machines.
It was designed for a system that uses 3kw or higher amounts of electricity to reduce their power costs.

Electric price breakdown.....

1) Miners on home power $400+ to electric company
2) Miners on inverter system $35 a month to electric company
3) Inverter system on regular battery charger $100 a month to electric company
4) Inverter system with loopbacked electric motor $0 power cost (not recommended for mining) or other source (solar, wind, etc)

No matter what you wont get 60kw of power from the electric company for $35 a month, with this setup you could, 60kw is enough to run a couple houses.

Cheapest option for stable mining is the $35 a month option.

Basically you are building a wind system without the wind and using the electric motor to turn the generator head at 7875 rpm.

You can find many videos online with various configurations Missouri Wind and Solar has helped me with setup and design of different systems. If you live on a river you can use water instead of the electric motor to run the generator.

This is a 24vdc to 110/220vac system.

This setup will produce a max of 60000 watts of AC electricity rated @55 amps of 110/220vac.

I use 24v batteries but the diagram is setup to use 12v to create your 24v battery bank.

If you have any questions please ask and I will assist you as much as I can.

If you find this information helpful please make a donation
to one of the following wallets. Thank You

--- Zcash ---
t1e4Dmr5RBgnWqTN2mAmZ6JzGavW7qxA4P1

--- BitCoin --
124ixYPwoUhNnhg1msx1ZtF5gMS1PNctsT

--- LiteCoin ---
LdEb9gzHJ5xQX6UsWPaU9oLWGpJ9gX9JCi

There many other manufacurers to select your parts from I selected these parts because I like the ability to expand without replacing inverter or PMG head

--- Setup Diagram ---
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wzk4K9uaPNAcWuFlxL7KNbBVWabi6xra/view

--- Parts List ---

24vdc to 110/220vac Grid/PowerInverter $1000
24V 60000W Peak 15000W LF Split Phase Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter DC 24V to AC 110V&220V 60Hz
https://www.amazon.com/60000W-15000W-Inverter-LCD-Display/dp/B07FTTZV72?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_7490851011

May substitute for any other 24vdc to 110/220vac Power/Grid Inverter select size by how much power you need

24vdc 2000 watt Model PMG Generator $499.00
http://mwands.com/store/freedom-ii-hydro-pmg-permanent-magnet-generator
or
24vdc 1600 watt Model PMG Generator $287.00
http://mwands.com/store/freedom-hydro-pmg-permanent-magnet-generator

Fan and Pully Kit for Generator head $29.00
http://mwands.com/store/fan-and-single-pulley-for-permanent-magnet-generators-alternators

Charge Controller with dump diverter
http://mwands.com/store/hybrid-charge-controller-digital-display-1200-watt-divert?limit=100

9 inch V-Belt Pully $25.00 - For Electric Motor
Available at most hardware stores

1 V-Belt Available at any auto or hardware store $10-20
Size is determined by how you built the power unit

Batteries $$$ Depends on battery
8x 12vdc 100ah or larger amp hours
or
6x 24vdc 100ah or larger amp hours

USE CAUTION WHEN CONNECTING THE BATTERIES
MAKE SURE BATTERIES HAVE GOOD VENTILATION

Share your results with others on my Discord channel
https://discord.gg/6t62apJ

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mattstyle

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 05:25:08 PM

This wouldnt work..

It would take more energy to keep the batteries charged via the motor and generator than the batteries would hold.

lunobird

Activity: 846
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 05:59:47 PM

Wow so stupid I see a punch of pullies and batteries but no power source.

For 3k you can get a starter solar system.

I'm disappointed with mining from bitcointalk. The quality has gotten much poor compared to last year
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 06:44:00 PM

I'm disappointed with mining from bitcointalk. The quality has gotten much poor compared to last year

Lets see your starter solar system keep you going and produce 60kw of power for 3k. This is based off the wind system using an electric motor to turn the generator head instead of wind. Therefore the only power source you need is to run the electric motor which costs about 35 a month. If you cant figure out the electric motor needs power to turn then I guess this setup isn't for you. Also the system requires 2 pullies 1 on the motor and 1 on the generator head not a bunch of them.

I put the information out there for people to consider as an alternate power source for mining. It works and I have a few people using this setup for mining and other purposes. Missouri Wind and Solar helped with the configuration so unless you are and expert in the field then please keep your negative comments out of the post so people who are interested may ask questions.

mattstyle

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:12:23 PM

In physics and chemistry, the law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system remains constant; it is said to be conserved over time. This law means that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; rather, it can only be transformed or transferred from one form to another.

How is running a motor 24x7 which produces heat (wasted energy)  to charge a bank of batteries using a generator and then converting to 110 or 220 via an inverter that also wastes energy more efficient than the elec company..

Show us a video.

fluxy12

Activity: 145
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 09:22:45 PM

Yes please video Smiley
lunobird

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:03:06 PM

Lets see your starter solar system keep you going and produce 60kw of power for 3k. This is based off the wind system using an electric motor to turn the generator head instead of wind. Therefore the only power source you need is to run the electric motor which costs about 35 a month. If you cant figure out the electric motor needs power to turn then I guess this setup isn't for you. Also the system requires 2 pullies 1 on the motor and 1 on the generator head not a bunch of them.

I put the information out there for people to consider as an alternate power source for mining. It works and I have a few people using this setup for mining and other purposes. Missouri Wind and Solar helped with the configuration so unless you are and expert in the field then please keep your negative comments out of the post so people who are interested may ask questions.

Okay I took a closer look at the diagram and guess what it's getting power from your house to charge up batteries, This is not free.!  All your doing is charging up your batteries. This is not free electricity or cheap electricity.  This is only good when you have a power outage.  Otherwise your actually wasting more electricity to charge up batteries than compared to just powering up your miners from a 120 volt outlet from your house.

As someone mentioned above you can't destroy or create energy, you can only transfer it.  Thats why you need the main source to be from solar panels or wind or nuclear if you want cheap electricity.

I bet I'm arguing with a kid that smokes too much pot and failed science class in high school.
Yerba

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 10:39:54 PM

Perpetum mobile invented? Smiley
lunobird

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:10:42 PM

Basically you are building a wind system without the wind and using the electric motor to be your wind.

Using the electric motor to be your wind still requires power to run.  So if it takes $35 bucks of power to run the electric motor 500 watts in a month it will not magically generate or convert to $500 bucks of power or 5000watts to power the rig.  You can only transfer that $35 bucks of power 500 watts into the battery.

chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 11:12:17 PM

Perpetum mobile invented? Smiley

Maybe you aren't looking at the whole picture or don't understand what is going on? This is a modified wind system. Wind systems have been used for off-grid power for many years now.

evlo

Activity: 155

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 12:08:27 AM

What? It was a joke. At least i think so. I was amused.

Now reading through the rest of the topic i'm even more amused.
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 12:33:13 AM

No joke apparently you don't understand how it all works. Apparently many of you don't understand how a power inverter works or how the wind generator operates.

Using an electric motor is no different then the wind driving it. It may cost me 35 a month for the motor compared to free wind but the outcome is the same.... lots of power free or at very low cost.

Search the internet and you can find thousands of people making systems like this or similar using water to turn the generator head.

mattstyle

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 01:01:53 AM

No joke apparently you don't understand how it all works. Apparently many of you don't understand how a power inverter works or how the wind generator operates.

Using an electric motor is no different then the wind driving it. It may cost me 35 a month for the motor compared to free wind but the outcome is the same.... lots of power free or at very low cost.

Search the internet and you can find thousands of people making systems like this or similar using water to turn the generator head.

Link to one if the thousands of people magically producing more power from a battery bank than was inputted into it.

evlo

Activity: 155

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 01:14:49 AM

I also run similar system, only with inverter with less total power, but three phases, and I can confirm it works.
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 01:51:23 AM

I also run similar system, only with inverter with less total power, but three phases, and I can confirm it works.

I considered the 3 phase pwm generator but chose the 24v I can get replacement batteries fast and easy and I use the 24v side for welding things sometimes.

I don't understand why some say it wont work when it does and has for years. I guess if it don't work then they will be walking to work tomorrow because their alternator isn't going to keep their car running.... LOL   The first units I built I used ac delco alternators and ran with a 5hp electric motor. The PWM generators made things so much simpler.

chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 02:01:07 AM

Link to one if the thousands of people magically producing more power from a battery bank than was inputted into it.

You need to look into power up and down conversions and how a inverter works. You say it cant work but an inverter can take 12vdc and turn it into 120vac …..my design just uses bigger input power to get super high output power.

Pick your video

https://www.google.com/search?ei=QLEyXNuKHOvIjgTC8JBg&q=off-grid+wind+power+videos&oq=off-grid+wind+power+videos&gs_l=psy-ab.3...20523.21396..22379...0.0..0.146.543.2j3......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j35i304i39.X6JZXhYCnIU

this is a 6.3kw system
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-luiwi9MCg

Instead of wind I use an electric motor to turn the PMG Generator head.

RiceMiner69

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 02:12:32 AM

You need to look into power up and down conversions and how a inverter works. You say it cant work but an inverter can take 12vdc and turn it into 120vac …..my design just uses bigger input power to get super high output power.

Pick your video

https://www.google.com/search?ei=QLEyXNuKHOvIjgTC8JBg&q=off-grid+wind+power+videos&oq=off-grid+wind+power+videos&gs_l=psy-ab.3...20523.21396..22379...0.0..0.146.543.2j3......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j35i304i39.X6JZXhYCnIU

this is a 6.3kw system
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-luiwi9MCg

Instead of wind I use an electric motor to turn the PMG Generator head.

Did you just disprove the first and second law of thermodynamics???

On the Bitcointalk forum?!?!!!

romelitounknown

Activity: 279
Merit: 7

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 02:33:15 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2019, 01:51:05 PM by romelitounknown

I have built a few of these to run small mining farms it will reduce your power cost to almost nothing.
Currently it costs me about $35.00 a month to run 10x Z9 and Z9 minis at my home. That is running the electric motor 24/7
from my home electricity while producing hundreds of dollars more electric to run my miners. The generator head is a PMG type.

The inverter I have listed has many great features, has built in battery charger for emergencies,
all lines have line out for direct connection to breaker box, has power plugs also.

Total cost is about $3000 to build and can be used to power other things such as a house if you aren't a miner.

The generator head is turned by the 1/4 hp electric motor it costs about 35 a month to run that motor 24/7 from my home wiring.
The motor turns the generator head which in turn keeps the batteries charged to run the inverter.

If I plug my miners in my home wiring my electric is over 400 a month.

So it is cheaper to run the electric motor on my home wiring then it is to run the miner on home wiring..

The inverter is 15kw-60kw output which is enough to run many miners.
(This same amount of electric on a home line would cost you hundreds of dollars per month)

The generator head produces 2000 watts of 24vdc we now use the inverter to convert the 2000 watts dc back into 60000watts ac useable power.

If you have enough to spare you could run the electric motor from the inverter also which would then create a loop and run 100% free.

This setup isn't for people running 1 or 2 miners unless they are high power use machines.
It was designed for a system that uses 3kw or higher amounts of electricity to reduce their power costs.

Electric price breakdown.....

Miners on home power $400+ to electric company
Miners on inverter system $35 a month to electric company
Inverter system on regular batt charger $100 a month to electric company
Inverter system on loopbacked electric motor $0 monthly cost (not recommended for mining)

No matter what you wont get 60kw of power from the electric company for $35 a month with this setup you can and 60kw is enough to run a couple houses.

Cheapest option for stable mining is the $35 a month option.

Basically you are building a wind system without the wind and using the electric motor to be your wind.

You can find many videos online with various configurations Missouri Wind and Solar has helped me with setup and design of different systems.
If you live on a river you can use water instead of the electric motor to run the generator.

This setup will produce a max of 60000 watts of AC electricity rated @55 amps of 220vac.

I use 24v batteries but the diagram is setup to use 12v to create your 24v battery bank.

This is a 110/220vac system the inverter will provide 110 or 220 vac. The electric motor drives the generator to keep your system running.
You can either loop-back the motor to the inverter or you can run it from your household electric.

If you have any questions please ask and I will assist you as much as I can.

If you find this information helpful please make a donation
to one of the following wallets. Thank You

--- Zcash ---
t1e4Dmr5RBgnWqTN2mAmZ6JzGavW7qxA4P1

--- BitCoin --
124ixYPwoUhNnhg1msx1ZtF5gMS1PNctsT

--- LiteCoin ---
LdEb9gzHJ5xQX6UsWPaU9oLWGpJ9gX9JCi

--- Setup Diagram ---
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wzk4K9uaPNAcWuFlxL7KNbBVWabi6xra/view

--- Parts List ---

24vdc to 110/220vac Grid/PowerInverter $1000
24V 60000W Peak 15000W LF Split Phase Pure Sine Wave Power Inverter DC 24V to AC 110V&220V 60Hz
https://www.amazon.com/60000W-15000W-Inverter-LCD-Display/dp/B07FTTZV72?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_7490851011

May substitute for any other 24vdc to 110/220vac Power/Grid Inverter select size by
how much power you need

24vdc 2000 watt Model PMG Generator $450.00
http://mwands.com/store/freedom-ii-pmg-permanent-magnet-generator
or
24vdc 1600 watt Model PMG Generator $247.00
http://mwands.com/store/freedom-pmg-permanent-magnet-generator

Fan and Pully Kit for Generator $29.00
http://mwands.com/store/fan-and-single-pulley-for-permanent-magnet-generators-alternators

Charge Controller with dump diverter
http://mwands.com/store/hybrid-charge-controller-digital-display-1200-watt-divert?limit=100

115vac 1/4-HP 1725 RPM or higher RPM Electric Motor  $78.00
https://www.amazon.com/Dayton-3K771-Motor-60hz-Belt/dp/B001GBMNS4
or
https://www.amazon.com/Smith-GF2024-Century-Resilient-Electric/dp/B006P1RUOM?ref_=bl_dp_s_web_7503423011

5 inch V-Belt Pully $25.00 - For Electric Motor
Available at most hardware stores

1 V-Belt Available at any auto or hardware store $10-20
Size is determined by how you built the power unit

Batteries $$$ Depends on battery you choose
8x 12vdc 100ah or larger amp hours
or
6x 24vdc 100ah or larger amp hours

USE CAUTION WHEN CONNECTING THE BATTERIES
MAKE SURE BATTERIES HAVE GOOD VENTILATION

Hello I've seen the diagram and i think it's good to keep your miners running. One thing I must suggest that you must have another electric motor on standby . You cannot run a motor continuously for 24/7 12months a year. It needs lubrication and maintenance too. May I know what types of motor are you using now?
chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 02:58:08 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2019, 06:11:12 AM by chipless

Hello I've seen the diagram and i think it's good to keep running your miners. One thing I must suggest that you must have another electric motor on standby . You cannot run a motor continuously for 24/7 12months a year. It needs lubrication and maintenance too. May I know what types of motor are you using now?

I agree spare parts would be nice to keep on hand. The parts list is on the first post of this thread. I am using this one

One good option is the inverter has a built in battery charger that when all else fails it kicks in and will charge the batteries from your home power if you choose to connect this feature. The battery charger will then run the inverter and provide 150 amps of charge power to the batteries until the batteries are charged or your main charging source is fixed. Even running this charger is cheaper then mining directly on your house wiring it would cost about $150 a month for this charger to run 24/7

https://www.amazon.com/Dayton-3K771-Motor-60hz-Belt/dp/B001GBMNS4

chipless (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 03:12:38 AM

Did you just disprove the first and second law of thermodynamics???

On the Bitcointalk forum?!?!!!

No it follows right along, the first law....Energy can be converted …. I am converting the 5 amps 115vac of house wiring into 55amps of 220vac... and the second law too.... No one said some of the energy isn't wasted as heat it is still the cheaper way to go.

What I did prove is that some people don't know what they are talking about and need to do more research on the whole process to save money. If it costs me 35 a month in electric to mine compared to the 400+ a month hooking up to house wiring I will take the 35 a month path regardless of how I have to put it together.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: