Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:23:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do if you are deceived?  (Read 17453 times)
Sarastiche

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
March 18, 2019, 11:27:59 PM

The  CRYPTO space is an open platform, present, you are your own security,therefore to avoid being scam, ensure you do your own research before investing, avoid visiting unsecure site, regularly update you PC with an anti virus, Do not  log in your  private key to exchange  site from mails sent to you from unknown source. 
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 10:42:43 AM

contact the relevant ico to get clarity about fraud. now there should be a legal entity tasked with managing fraud so that there is no ongoing fraud.
That would be very nice. The concept should be on board and should be used in case of any scam. Scammers have all this time done nothing but have hurt the confidence of the investors who were too passionate to invest in ICOs.

Like we have the legal way to question any agent in the market, same should be in case of ICOs. And the trend of ICOs is going down. I do not think if some one would love to put in their money here any more. There are so many other assets that could be explored.
Freebtcweb

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

BLOCKCHAIN - BASED RENEWABLE ENERGY CROWDFUNDING

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 08:37:20 PM

The  CRYPTO space is an open platform, present, you are your own security,therefore to avoid being scam, ensure you do your own research before investing, avoid visiting unsecure site, regularly update you PC with an anti virus, Do not  log in your  private key to exchange  site from mails sent to you from unknown source. 
In fact, it is very difficult to analyze the cryptocurrency project and its economic and technical characteristics. It takes a lot of time and certain skills.

▄▄▄        WINDHAN        |   RENEWABLE ENERGY PROJECT   ▄▄▄
||███      (((  Pre-Sale is Live  )))  ▐ ███  JOIN NOW   ███ ▌      ███||
|   Whitepaper  |  OnePager  |  ANN  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram   |
JeromeL

Activity: 554
Merit: 11

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 09:30:56 PM

I think that this is becoming more and more common lately, so what can we do to ensure that responsible people can be punished?

I think the easiest thing to do is to contact the developers before investing or before you decide to participate in the bounty of this project. You need to contact directly by phone, if it is specified or it is best to go and look at the address indicated on the website, is there really such a company. If this is not possible, but create a theme and ask people to find out if there is such an organization or people.

In general, by any means to identify the identity of these people. As soon as we can add personal identification, these people will not be able to just fool us. Because you can write to them in the police under the article fraud.

The most important thing is that today there is everything necessary in order to really find and punish the people who are deceiving us. I think it's time for us to start doing it, otherwise the ICO may die.

If you have any other suggestions, I will be glad to hear them.

You do not forget also the fact that the developers of new projects often deceive their investors and it would be fair if the developers published their data, such as the ID and place of residence.

cryptolord2077

Activity: 1064
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 09:37:52 PM

In fact, you can not do so much. Rather, it is important for me to extract the maximum useful experience from such a situation. At one time I was deceived more than once but for small amounts, I was hurt and I was very worried, but later I realized that this was a good lesson that saved me a lot of money in the future.
H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 04:38:40 AM

If i getting deceived, i think im gonna review why that happened. In cryptocurrency, anonymity is one of the advantage.
When you want to transfer money using bank account, you need real name, but you don't need real name to transfer your crypto coin.
So, other peoples can deceive you without their identity revealed to you.

valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 12:25:56 PM

The most important thing is not to panic, it is panic that turns out to be a very big mistake, because scammers are not as simple as you think. I am sure that they are also doing this not for the first time, so I think that all this is still a meaningless matter.
nerlial

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 09:21:54 AM

ICO needs to be centralized. For developers to go through KYC and take responsibility for their actions.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
kawetsriyanto
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1087

Free Bitcoins Every Hour!

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 09:52:17 AM

It is actually a good idea, however, can it really help us to find out who behind the scammers?
Every person will feel sad, bad, and also mad because of being deceived.
But, they are scammers and they will not show their identity easily to the public.
We still haven't known how to open their cover behind scammers. Sometimes, we are also aware that have been deceived after we invested in their scam project and disappeared.
Actually, everybody will really punish them, but how can we do that? We cannot report them to the police because they are likely not really revealed.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Entei

Activity: 543
Merit: 281

View Profile
March 23, 2019, 10:05:50 AM

Why the preference in investing in ICOs instead of trying to mine some coin? Maybe it was the false promise for quick profits? Roll Eyes These unpleasant situations happen because there are people thinking about quick and easy money. In relation to your de facto suggestion, it's necessary to increase the demands and explanations for setting up an ICO and charging results.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 08:16:01 PM

If i getting deceived, i think im gonna review why that happened. In cryptocurrency, anonymity is one of the advantage.
When you want to transfer money using bank account, you need real name, but you don't need real name to transfer your crypto coin.
So, other peoples can deceive you without their identity revealed to you.
We really understand this fully when it comes to financing in cryptocurrency because that is the main objective of the system, to create anonymity but in the case of ICO, I think any anonymous project theme is automatically a fraud, if an ICO comes up with a project without full details of who the team behind the project is, it is not really worth waiting time on such project and we need to stop really participating in them.

I know some of we bounty hunter too are greedy, because they promise us one large amount of token that will end up amounting to nothing, we don’t bother verifying the project before promoting it which has to really stop.
dabenko

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 09:26:39 PM

Bounty has got to a stage where a lot of people have been discouraged from participating in them, except you able able to get good bounties through quality research. If you do not want to be over bothered, you can try to include trading into your activities in the crypto space.
OZmaster

Activity: 804
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 10:28:47 PM

Bounty has got to a stage where a lot of people have been discouraged from participating in them, except you able able to get good bounties through quality research. If you do not want to be over bothered, you can try to include trading into your activities in the crypto space.

All the scammy behavior by the teams has indeed led many bounty participants to the decision not to do bounties anymore. We can argue about the effectiveness of bounties, but not about whether or not a payment should be made.

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
   ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
  ▄███▀              ▀██▄
  ███    ▄████████▄▄   ███
 ████   ████████████▄▄▄████
█████   ██████████████████
 ████   ██████████▀▀▀████
  ███    ▀████████▀▀   ███
  ▀███▄               ▄██▀
   ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
     ▀██████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██▀▀▀
.CoinChum.||..A GLOBAL P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE..
..BUILT FOR TRADERS, BY TRADERS..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 10:31:03 PM

firstly, bringing the details or the identity of the deceiver to the general public to further restrain him or her from apprehending loads of victim as he may just be at the door of the next person and asking for a more heavier amount of money, secondly is to consult the authorities in charge of the crime depending on what kind of crime it is.

Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 10:40:39 PM

Most jurisdictions would punish scammers, but your hopes of recovering funds are ... well you better forget about it. The best thing you can do after being deceived is extracting the right lesson from the situation and never putting yourself in a similar situation.

It depends where you are and what options you have, but in a lot of the cases recovery of your funds will be hardly possible.
Yeah, but in most cases, they were targetted by the authorities and keep searching them until they pay for their crimes. Funds may somehow get back to those who got scammed but most of the time this never happen. They just put the person in jail after being found guilty of their actions.

People who do experience about this should learn their lesson or else they never learn if they got scammed again.

JuanPaulo

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 10:50:39 PM

It would be very good if the developers of each project conducted public communication sessions through YouTube while simultaneously answering user questions. It would be very interesting to see such affordable developers and this would increase the credibility of the projects.
rika0223

Activity: 634
Merit: 128

View Profile
March 24, 2019, 11:03:53 PM

well. good advice. well, the question is whether this crypto has a law? if there is already a law. meaning that this is a great way to eradicate fraudsters ico. Although the process may be quite difficult, such as tracking, but this is good advice in anticipation before the virus spreads. I want to see the deterrent effect for fraudsters ico!
the law is obtained maybe if the crypto currency is recognized by the state as a valid currency and can be used to serve a currency that has legal force in it
MiniMountain

Activity: 624
Merit: 101

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
March 25, 2019, 12:13:28 AM

If you are deceived by some fake projects then you can start a thread here on this forum and seek advise or help from the community. this is an open forum where every one can share their thoughts or opinion and even their expertise especially on tracking those scammers.

OZmaster

Activity: 804
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 31, 2019, 10:27:40 AM

Most jurisdictions would punish scammers, but your hopes of recovering funds are ... well you better forget about it. The best thing you can do after being deceived is extracting the right lesson from the situation and never putting yourself in a similar situation.

It depends where you are and what options you have, but in a lot of the cases recovery of your funds will be hardly possible.
Yeah, but in most cases, they were targetted by the authorities and keep searching them until they pay for their crimes. Funds may somehow get back to those who got scammed but most of the time this never happen. They just put the person in jail after being found guilty of their actions.

People who do experience about this should learn their lesson or else they never learn if they got scammed again.

Right because they can hide the funds or even if the police finds out a crypto address you still don't have the private keys to access it.

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
   ██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
  ▄███▀              ▀██▄
  ███    ▄████████▄▄   ███
 ████   ████████████▄▄▄████
█████   ██████████████████
 ████   ██████████▀▀▀████
  ███    ▀████████▀▀   ███
  ▀███▄               ▄██▀
   ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
     ▀██████████████▀
          ▀▀▀██▀▀▀
.CoinChum.||..A GLOBAL P2P CRYPTO EXCHANGE..
..BUILT FOR TRADERS, BY TRADERS..
|████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ██████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
nitin8263
Copper Member

Activity: 1568
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2019, 10:52:46 AM

If I got deceive then I will research for that how did I get a deceive and i will  find out the solution for that as soon as possible and I will give advice to those investors who are investing and doing the work on this project.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: