Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:59:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What can be done better?  (Read 388 times)
jeromix (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

Ako Bayot!

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 10:06:06 AM

I write this thread just to let know all of the users regarding with report button to moderators. It really help a lot for the threads that were being reported so that it will get the moderators attention and eventually will going to solve the problem with the reported posts or thread. This is a way where we can help moderators for the forum and to take also this forum to the next level ridding out users that are shit posters. Let us help and promote the betterment of this forum and definitely it will come back to us in other way.

My only concern about the reported posts or thread is that I can't see any sign that the post was reported. Is it possible to identify reported post by seeing a sign that the post where being reported?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10731

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 10:23:27 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2019, 10:45:23 AM by DdmrDdmr
Merited by suchmoon (7), NeuroticFish (1)

<…>My only concern about the reported posts or thread is that I can't see any sign that the post was reported. Is it possible to identify reported post by seeing a sign that the post where being reported?
There is no universal sign to indicate that a post has been reported. Adding an indicator could be interesting in a sense, to allow all to know that the post has been reported and safe time for other that may proceed to report the same post.

Nevertheless, I can think of a few drawbacks too for visually adding a marker to the reported posts:

-   It gives a sense of guilt before proven.

-   You would not why it was reported, and it may therefore refrain others form reporting it on a different account (matter). i.e. reported by user 1 (wrongly) for off-topic may stop user 2 from reporting it for, lets say, plagiarism.

-   Bad reports would have to revert the visual sign, but what about those that stay unhanled not because they have not been deal with yet, but because they are a "soft-bad"?.

-   Could lead to abuse (reporting posts of a given person with the overall intent of seeing them visually marked on screen, regardless of the expected resolution).

- Edit/added: Some boards are not moderated and reports may take longer it at all to be dealt with. Some of the Local Boards are moderated, but not on a daily basis. Report marks on posts in boards with similar situations to these would be visible for quite some time before a resolution takes place (if at all).
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 11:18:53 AM

I write this thread just to let know all of the users regarding with report button to moderators. It really help a lot for the threads that were being reported so that it will get the moderators attention and eventually will going to solve the problem with the reported posts or thread. This is a way where we can help moderators for the forum and to take also this forum to the next level ridding out users that are shit posters. Let us help and promote the betterment of this forum and definitely it will come back to us in other way.

My only concern about the reported posts or thread is that I can't see any sign that the post was reported. Is it possible to identify reported post by seeing a sign that the post where being reported?

This topic is almost the same with this ONE!
If that report button push through, for sure someone will hit that red button for this post.

There's a pros and cons regarding on this topic, and we can't be sure if it will work well or not, unless its highly organized.
Like for example when you hit that report button, you are liable for that and if your report is not true, you will be the one to suffer.
Newbies should not allowed to use this also, because if they allowed they will just make a new account and continue to report those who make shits with them.
Kopyleft

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 01:40:49 PM

Like for example when you hit that report button, you are liable for that and if your report is not true, you will be the one to suffer.
Newbies should not allowed to use this also, because if they allowed they will just make a new account and continue to report those who make shits with them.

It is stressed that there is nothing wrong with a bad report, and members should not be discouraged from reporting posts for the fear of being wrong. One good report which protects others from scam or spam is worth more than lots of wrong ones.

There should not be any need for a newbie restriction, as this suggestion would probably not be implemented at all.
Much rather have an indication when a user is banned already. Although some proactive members are already proffering solutions to this issue.

saulzaents

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 01:45:48 PM

If you feel something needs to be reported to moderators, then by all means do so. 
There will always be clicks, gangs and groups on this board as long as money powers it.
Considering that this is a BTC message board, there are many people who will choose to utilize their time and efforts to earn money, even if some so in a dishonest way. 
jeromix (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

Ako Bayot!

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 01:51:05 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2019, 02:04:28 PM by jeromix

There is no universal sign to indicate that a post has been reported. Adding an indicator could be interesting in a sense, to allow all to know that the post has been reported and safe time for other that may proceed to report the same post.

Nevertheless, I can think of a few drawbacks too for visually adding a marker to the reported posts:

-   It gives a sense of guilt before proven.

-   You would not why it was reported, and it may therefore refrain others form reporting it on a different account (matter). i.e. reported by user 1 (wrongly) for off-topic may stop user 2 from reporting it for, lets say, plagiarism.

-   Bad reports would have to revert the visual sign, but what about those that stay unhanled not because they have not been deal with yet, but because they are a "soft-bad"?.

-   Could lead to abuse (reporting posts of a given person with the overall intent of seeing them visually marked on screen, regardless of the expected resolution).

- Edit/added: Some boards are not moderated and reports may take longer it at all to be dealt with. Some of the Local Boards are moderated, but not on a daily basis. Report marks on posts in boards with similar situations to these would be visible for quite some time before a resolution takes place (if at all).
This will make users to report responsibly. Report button will be more likely to be more efficient. A user could not just report random posts if users who reported will be seen visibly. The integretity of the reporter will be at stakes here except for newbies.

The very core reason why I ask if it is possible to see an indicator or symbol for a reported posts is that I want to learn from the reported posts. One can learn the mistakes of others i.e. plagiarize posts, shit posts, or any non relevant posts that is clearly violating the forum rules.

Probably other guys here did not get my point. My english is not really good. Anyway, what I just meant here is an indicator for a reported post that we can see visibly so that everytime we read a reported post we will going to learn from it why it was being reported. So as we can avoid doing it.

The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 01:52:14 PM

Please try to use search button before you make new topic. Multiple time it has been discussed on forum. No doubts it will be better if theymos implemente this option hide report to moderators button which has been reported. It could save our times and moderators time as well. Even me sometimes made double report on same post.

One more thing, your subject and topic isn't matching. Choose better subject that we can understand what you want to say really.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10731

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 02:11:36 PM

<…>The very core reason why I ask if it is possible to see an indicator or symbol for a reported posts is that I want to learn from the reported posts. One can learn the mistakes of others i.e. plagiarize posts, shit posts, or any non relevant posts that is clearly violating the forum rules.
If that is the case, if you simply apply common sense, then you should be able to stay clear from breaching any of the forum rules. A glimpse through the Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ can do no harm, but there is no real need to undergo a Master in Bitcointalk Broken Rules to stay out of harm’s way.

You can always browse through Meta to see appeal threads and the reasons behind bans. The vast majority are due to plagiarism, but there is no official stat on ban reasons (the closest I’ve seen is on number of bans per period of time: [MERIT][NSFN] We're destroying more merits than we're sending. Like, way more). Of course not every action derived from a report marked as good ends up in ban/nuke, but in other actions such as post and thread deletion.
YOSHIE
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1759

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 03:19:11 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2019, 03:29:15 PM by YOSHIE

Is it possible to identify reported post by seeing a sign that the post where being reported?

For now no one knows firsthand the Reported Violations and can only be seen by moderators. Moderators can check posts reported as violations and take action on those posts.

Well there it is Every time your post will identify reported post by seeing a sign that the post where being reported?e reported on the Forum to moderator and then it will be deleted, it will send a notification supporting gmail for you. this is the same message that tells you that your post has been deleted and what your post is. Here's what you need to know.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Upgate

Activity: 560
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 05:26:20 PM

Well the best sign for a reported post that if the reason for the post being reported is accurate is that the post will get deleted or moved there is no other better sign.

And any reported post that's not deleted or moved was an inaccurate report
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2019, 06:03:56 PM

Well the best sign for a reported post that if the reason for the post being reported is accurate is that the post will get deleted or moved there is no other better sign.

And any reported post that's not deleted or moved was an inaccurate report

Plagiarized posts often remain in place but the user gets banned. The report is still "good".
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18507

View Profile
January 07, 2019, 09:57:18 PM

The very core reason why I ask if it is possible to see an indicator or symbol for a reported posts is that I want to learn from the reported posts. One can learn the mistakes of others i.e. plagiarize posts, shit posts, or any non relevant posts that is clearly violating the forum rules.

But you will then be learning from all reports, and not all good reports, so you may be erroneously led in to believing some things are against the rules when in fact they aren't. In addition, context matters massively. There are many sentences I could write, which in one thread may be on-topic and constructive, whilst in another thread might be off-topic and spam. Trying to rote learn which exact posts are good and which exact posts are bad is an inferior method to understanding the rules and the reasoning behind why those posts are good or bad.

I fully understand the reasons for not showing if a post has been reported. What would be useful, however, would be to see if a post has been reported by you. When reports are sometimes taking a couple of days to be handled, I often find myself back in the same spam megathreads and having to check my report log to see which posts I have already reported. A little indicator would be very useful, but I don't know how easy (or otherwise) that would be to program.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
January 08, 2019, 01:52:25 AM

Plagiarized posts often remain in place but the user gets banned. The report is still "good".

Pretty much. Although, sometimes plagiarized content gets reported after someone has been banned, and then I usually remove it to prevent it being reported another dozen times.
Alone055

Activity: 997
Merit: 197

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2019, 02:27:19 PM

Adding an indicator could be interesting in a sense, to allow all to know that the post has been reported and safe time for other that may proceed to report the same post.

Nevertheless, I can think of a few drawbacks too for visually adding a marker to the reported posts

The only possible way of letting someone know if the post is reported or not without the drawbacks mentioned is to add a list of reports already made for that particular post under the comment section of reporting page. The list should contain all the reports that are submitted for that post along with the reporters username and the comment (that would demonstrate the reason for that report).
After pressing the "report to moderator" button, you would be able to see if the post has already been reported or not, and if reported, for what has it been reported. And then if you think that the reason it has been previously reported for is different from yours, you can go ahead and submit your report as well, but if you find the reason to be the same, you can simply skip it and move forward.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: