Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:04:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why did Macron arrest Eric Drouet  (Read 278 times)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 09:52:38 AM

Aaaaaaaaaah ok I get it. We call it "jurisprudence".

We do tend to use it but falls under the strength of the law.

In short legal French works this way in order of importance in a trial:
-Word of the President
-International treaties
-National law
-Jurisprudence/Common law
-Judge appreciation

And it seems really weird for me to see the Common law being above the rest xD

Not going to get into a legal debate with you because you don't have any idea what you are talking about, but you don't have any idea what you are talking about. I was hoping you would maybe do some reading but I can see your reply before I even finished editing tells me you didn't even read the wiki blurb.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 10:04:59 AM

Not going to get into a legal debate with you because you don't have any idea what you are talking about, but you don't have any idea what you are talking about. I was hoping you would maybe do some reading but I can see your reply before I even finished editing tells me you didn't even read the wiki blurb.

Maybe because I know what Common law is I just didn't know the English word for it?

But no you're right, it's probably just because I'm a dumbass.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 12:21:20 PM

Maybe because I know what Common law is I just didn't know the English word for it?

But no you're right, it's probably just because I'm a dumbass.

That's why I took the time to link it, so you could figure out the meaning in your native language, but you still didn't bother to read it. At least we are on the same page now though eh?
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 12:38:13 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2019, 12:50:30 PM by kenzawak
Merited by Karisma Black (2)

France is a monarchy and Macron is a king.
He has such a high opinion of himself you wouldn't believe.
The arrest of Drouet ? In France, we would say it's just adding oil onto fire. But I actually think he doesn't care about the protests, he thinks he's way above that. You can see it in the decisions he takes, one step forward (probably because someone told him he should do something to calm the public), two steps backwards (because he really doesn't give a f...).

In France, there is what we call "l'Affaire Benalla" right now, a real mess that could cause Macron lots of problems but he doesn't care !! He thinks he's above the law.
When the scandal came out, his exact words were "Come and get me !"
Who says that ? Seriously !

It's a shame most of you don't speak French because there are a lot of videos of him showing contempt for the people. His personality is one of the reasons why people are in so much anger right now, those protests could have happened years ago but his attitude has been the trigger.
Oxstone

Activity: 392
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 01:06:08 PM

He thinks he's above the law.
When the scandal came out, his exact words were "Come and get me !"
Who says that ? Seriously !

It's a shame most of you don't speak French because there are a lot of videos of him showing contempt for the people. His personality is one of the reasons why people are in so much anger right now, those protests could have happened years ago but his attitude has been the trigger.

He is above the law.

French president can't be put in trial anyway.

But yeah he really got a LouisXIV personalitty standing high telling the people they're dumb fuckers who never work. Anyone speaking French can watch a compilation of the worst he said and it's... Wahou...

Guillotine is the only way for me.
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 01:11:48 PM

Last night, Drouet published an open letter addressed to Macron :

Basically, he says that the movement will intensify, that the coming weeks are gonna be tough for the country, that the GJs will find new ways to get their message heard.
He asks Macron to listen to the people, he says he's the one who has the power to stop the violence but if he keeps refusing to listen, the people will take back what's theirs, the power.
He ends the letter by asking Macron to meet the Gilets Jaunes (he hasn't done it yet, he sent others to represent him).

Of course, all the media here are talking about threats. Personally, I think Drouet is just saying that the one in charge (the President) is the one who can stop this nonsense. So why not do it ?
primeluck

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 07:06:45 PM

Eric Drouet,leader of yellow vest[Gilet jaunes] movement,was arrested by French police for organizing central paris protest without declaring it during a visit by French Foreign Minister Jane-Yves Drian  as abuse of power.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: