Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:25:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org)  (Read 226805 times)
vace200026

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 03:11:19 PM

I am having a small issue with your pool. (litecoinpool.org) I have a worker running on an app from the windows store and its running fine. but when I try to run bfg miner so I can use my cpu and gpu to get extra hash out of them, I get  [2017-04-26 11:06:49] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2017-04-26 11:07:13] Stratum from pool 0 detected new block
 [2017-04-26 11:09:28] Rejected 011f4890 OCL 0  Diff 228/16 (target-miss)

can you help me out with the set up?

I am running a FX 8530 with 32 gb ram, and a RX480 gpu.
And I know its not profitable to mine on cpu and gpu, but this is an education project for me...

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ab1jx

Activity: 79
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 02:24:56 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2017, 04:08:19 AM by ab1jx

Uh-huh, I was just jumping on with a similar complaint.  It's like the pool doesn't recognize that different workers may need different difficulty values.  I was cpu mining on here with about 6 computers for a week or so and it all worked fairly well.  Then I bought a used asic rig and noticed my computers were suddenly getting a low acceptance rate.  I am using a stratum proxy, I don't know if that matters.  I have 7 distinct workers and the system was keeping them straight.  Is there a syntax for requesting a difficulty on command lines?  I'm mostly using cpuminer plus a couple phones, cgminer on the asic.

Yes, ok, I see "If desired, the default adaptive mechanism can be overridden by appending “,d=N” to the worker's password", I'll try that.   Well, no, a couple sentences later it says "if you connect multiple workers via a proxy they will all share the same difficulty " so I guess that won't work.  So I need to put the asic on a different account?  Or not through the proxy?  I'm using the Android app "Pocket Miner" on a couple phones, I can't change much about how that connects.  One is a rooted phone, I could edit a config file if there is one.

Too soon to be sure but I don't see anything accepted in the proxy log output anymore since I took the asic off it.  I just restarted the proxy and saw "Setting new difficulty: 1024" in the output of that.  I normally see 256 in the asic cgminer.  OK, there's 128, then 16.  Now I'm starting to see work from the cpuminers accepted at diff 4.  Now I see hash rates on the "my account" page for the cpuminers again too instead of zeros.  The phone hash rate even showed up once it found a share.  All seems well.  Maybe I could group machines by speed on different instances of the proxy?  Later.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 06:16:30 AM

Can anyone explain how segwit is going to affect mining returns?
pooler (OP)

Activity: 838
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:23:21 AM

Uh-huh, I was just jumping on with a similar complaint.  It's like the pool doesn't recognize that different workers may need different difficulty values.  I was cpu mining on here with about 6 computers for a week or so and it all worked fairly well.  Then I bought a used asic rig and noticed my computers were suddenly getting a low acceptance rate.  I am using a stratum proxy, I don't know if that matters.  I have 7 distinct workers and the system was keeping them straight.  Is there a syntax for requesting a difficulty on command lines?  I'm mostly using cpuminer plus a couple phones, cgminer on the asic.

Yes, ok, I see "If desired, the default adaptive mechanism can be overridden by appending “,d=N” to the worker's password", I'll try that.   Well, no, a couple sentences later it says "if you connect multiple workers via a proxy they will all share the same difficulty " so I guess that won't work.  So I need to put the asic on a different account?  Or not through the proxy?

Using a different account wouldn't help. If you really need different share difficulties then you have to use at least one Stratum proxy for every desired difficulty; or connect workers directly, of course. This is a limitation of the Stratum protocol itself (each connection can only set one difficulty at a time), so there's not much that can be done about it.

I'm using the Android app "Pocket Miner" on a couple phones, I can't change much about how that connects.  One is a rooted phone, I could edit a config file if there is one.

Sorry but it is my duty to point out that mining on commodity hardware such as CPUs and GPUs is a bad idea. And mining on a phone is an exceptionally bad idea. Saying that it is unprofitable would be a euphemism; even assuming free electricity (and there is no such thing) and that the network difficulty is not going to rise, it would take a phone years just to make 0.01 LTC.

BTC: 15MRTcUweNVJbhTyH5rq9aeSdyigFrskqE · LTC: LTCPooLqTK1SANSNeTR63GbGwabTKEkuS7
pooler (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:39:20 AM

Can anyone explain how segwit is going to affect mining returns?

From a technical point of view, it isn't.  If you mean more in general, then of course Segwit and LN are going to affect the markets, which most probably explains what happened in April, with the price going from $4 to $25.  This is bringing a lot of new attention to Litecoin, which means more miners are entering the game, which in turn may well lead to a significant increase in difficulty.  As always, there are many factors to consider and anything could happen, so different people will make different predictions of future profitability.

BTC: 15MRTcUweNVJbhTyH5rq9aeSdyigFrskqE · LTC: LTCPooLqTK1SANSNeTR63GbGwabTKEkuS7
ab1jx

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 03:54:01 PM

Using a different account wouldn't help. If you really need different share difficulties then you have to use at least one Stratum proxy for every desired difficulty; or connect workers directly, of course. This is a limitation of the Stratum protocol itself (each connection can only set one difficulty at a time), so there's not much that can be done about it.
Multiple proxies, or proxy and no proxy seems like the ticket.  I was thinking of running a proxy for slushpool in addition to the one for litecoinpool.  Taking my old Gridseed G-blade off the proxy and connecting it direct at least shows my cpuminers in the Litecoinpool dashboard and they get work accepted:
2017-05-07 10:40:05,925 INFO proxy stratum_listener.submit # [183ms] Share from 'ab1jx.6' accepted, diff 4
2017-05-07 10:40:12,305 INFO proxy stratum_listener.submit # [188ms] Share from 'ab1jx.4' accepted, diff 4

(I'm still practicing at posting images here,  this might be the first I've gotten to work)

Sorry but it is my duty to point out that mining on commodity hardware such as CPUs and GPUs is a bad idea. And mining on a phone is an exceptionally bad idea. Saying that it is unprofitable would be a euphemism; even assuming free electricity (and there is no such thing) and that the network difficulty is not going to rise, it would take a phone years just to make 0.01 LTC.
Yes, I know it's generally a bad idea except I've only got 1 asic and about 6 computers.   A Raspberry Pi 3 on all 4 cores is about 1/1000 the speed of a Gridseed G-Blade, and runs on about 7 watts.  I'm tempted to try to do the GPU assembly language to get their GPUs online to as a 5th thread.  These little ARM machines impress me.  And a core on a quad core phone is about the same as one of a Raspberry Pi's cores, but it eats battery fast.  I've also installed cpuminer under the Debian on my phone, not much difference in performance from Pocket Miner.  The alternative is spending more money on dedicated hardware (ASIC) that can't be used for anything else.  An ASIC can't be reprogrammed to a different algorithm, cpus and gpus can.  SHA256 is built into some of the CPUs http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.ddi0514g/way1395175472464.html not that I've managed to make use of it.

Wait a minute.  Pooler, the same Pooler that has a cpuminer on github?  https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer  Apparently.
from the AUTHORS file inside the tarball.

I don't run them just to do hashing, I mostly don't shut them off.  Or I'll run cpuminer on one core while I'm doing other stuff.  I've mostly used one of my Raspberry Pi 3s for the past several months.  It's what I'm using right now to write this.  Less power than my Gekko 2pac probably.
pooler (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:14:25 PM

Yes, I know it's generally a bad idea except I've only got 1 asic and about 6 computers.   A Raspberry Pi 3 on all 4 cores is about 1/1000 the speed of a Gridseed G-Blade, and runs on about 7 watts.  I'm tempted to try to do the GPU assembly language to get their GPUs online to as a 5th thread.  These little ARM machines impress me.  And a core on a quad core phone is about the same as one of a Raspberry Pi's cores, but it eats battery fast.  I've also installed cpuminer under the Debian on my phone, not much difference in performance from Pocket Miner.  The alternative is spending more money on dedicated hardware (ASIC) that can't be used for anything else.  An ASIC can't be reprogrammed to a different algorithm, cpus and gpus can.  SHA256 is built into some of the CPUs http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.ddi0514g/way1395175472464.html not that I've managed to make use of it.
What you say is true, but it doesn't change the fact that nowadays mining Litecoin with anything other than an ASIC is unprofitable. If you're not convinced, I invite you to do the math. At the current price of $28, and assuming you pay 0.06 $/kWh (which is very cheap), in order to be profitable at 7 W you would have to do at least 125 kH/s. You didn't mention your Pi's hash rate, but if my memory serves it should be lower than that by at least one order of magnitude.

Wait a minute.  Pooler, the same Pooler that has a cpuminer on github?  https://github.com/pooler/cpuminer  Apparently.
Yes, I'm the one who wrote all the assembly code, among other things.

I don't run them just to do hashing, I mostly don't shut them off.  Or I'll run cpuminer on one core while I'm doing other stuff.  I've mostly used one of my Raspberry Pi 3s for the past several months.  It's what I'm using right now to write this.  Less power than my Gekko 2pac probably.
Keep in mind that the power draw depends significantly on the CPU load. Even if we assumed that mining would only cause a 2 W extra draw, it would still take at least 40 kH/s to justify it. And even if we somehow managed to achieve such hash rate, it would take 3 months to mine 0.01 LTC, and that's before subtracting the cost of electricity!

macsheadroom

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Computer Service Tech

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:48:18 PM

Is missing 20-25 MH/s out of 500 MH/s normal here for poolside stats?

1FQkmrwQ7yf9MKGLsAUhY2jgMT8WjepwL7
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 05:55:50 PM

Is missing 20-25 MH/s out of 500 MH/s normal here for poolside stats?

It's normal for an A4 (mine is more like 50MHs), can't say for the L3/L3+, but suspect it would also be true.
macsheadroom

Computer Service Tech

View Profile
May 09, 2017, 07:12:40 PM

Thanks, That is what I suspected. Back in the day I mined with Slush and there was a slight variance too.

Setting up on litecoinpool.org with an L3+ was as easy as can be and rewards are about 1.5 LTC /day with 500MH/s. Grin

mercury1981

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 05:42:33 AM

I am getting more and more "Idle Worker Notification" mails and have to restart BFGminer to get my GC3355 running again. What can I do to prevent this? Thanks!

Code:
{
"pools" : [
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333",
"user" : "xxxx",
"pass" : "xxxx",
"pool-priority" : "0"
}
]
"api-listen" : true,
"api-mcast-port" : "4028",
"api-port" : "4028",
"expiry" : "120",
"expiry-lp" : "3600",
"failover-only" : true,
"log" : "20",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-show-processors" : true,
"no-show-procs" : true,
"queue" : "1",
"scan-time" : "60",
"scrypt" : true,
"skip-security-checks" : "0",
"submit-stale" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "3",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/share/bfgminer",
"scan" : [
"gridseed:all"
],
"set-device" : [
"gridseed:clock=850"
],
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1,192.168.1/24"
}

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 07:05:05 AM

Thanks, That is what I suspected. Back in the day I mined with Slush and there was a slight variance too.

Setting up on litecoinpool.org with an L3+ was as easy as can be and rewards are about 1.5 LTC /day with 500MH/s. Grin

not sure what you mean. My L3's and L3+'s are mining what they say they are mining on the pool...assuming I have this correct?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
pooler (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 08:53:42 AM

I am getting more and more "Idle Worker Notification" mails and have to restart BFGminer to get my GC3355 running again. What can I do to prevent this? Thanks!

If your Gridseed stops some time after it starts mining, the first things I would check are the power supply and the USB cable. The second thing I would try is lowering the clock rate in steps of 50 MHz to see if that can fix the issue. Last thing that might help in the case of Gridseeds is forcing a difficulty of 256 or lower.

macsheadroom

Computer Service Tech

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:14:03 PM

not sure what you mean. My L3's and L3+'s are mining what they say they are mining on the pool...assuming I have this correct?

It just took a couple days for it to catch up, now I am getting spikes up to 540 MH.

I really like this pool and its web/iPhone interface. Is there an app for that?

Thank you pooler for all you do.

pooler (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2017, 06:39:35 PM

I really like this pool and its web/iPhone interface. Is there an app for that?

There are a couple of links to 3rd-party apps at the bottom of the FAQ on the website, but they were added quite some time ago, so I don't know if these apps are still working. (If you happen to find another app that supports the pool's API, please let me know.) By the way, if you like the web/iPhone interface, last time I checked there was an option in Safari to make it accessible directly from the home screen.

ab1jx

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 03:42:54 AM

There are a couple of links to 3rd-party apps at the bottom of the FAQ on the website, but they were added quite some time ago, so I don't know if these apps are still working. (If you happen to find another app that supports the pool's API, please let me know.) By the way, if you like the web/iPhone interface, last time I checked there was an option in Safari to make it accessible directly from the home screen.

All 3 of the Android apps listed still work as of a couple weeks ago.  But they all just wrap the page you can get by going to the link listed under HTML under API on your dashboard page.  So I put a link to that on my home screen from Firefox.  It's handy to be able to check your workers and the exchange rates all in the same page.
ab1jx

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2017, 03:54:55 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2017, 12:24:57 AM by ab1jx

I was getting zombie processes from cgminer and a load average around 3 until I started cutting back my clock rate.  I have another power supply in the works too.  It was all a temporary setup to verify that my Gridseed was OK before Aliexpress's return period was over.

Edit:

Well, no, I'm not out of the woods yet.  It runs 2 or 3 days and stops, and that was at 700 MHz.
https://i.imgur.com/Yu6AL37.png
Power supply wiring is my next suspect I guess.  It just went away according to cgminer and my load average went up to 3 with no visible tasks using a lot of CPU.  Maybe some sort of panic in libusb causing the high load average?  Top doesn't show system processes by default I think.  I was upstairs when it happened.  Turned everything off and back on, and it's fine again.  I've never had it on any other pool, but I could try it on multipool in a week or so.
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 12:48:33 AM

Happy customer here!! Been using this pool for years with various types of miners very reliable and stable. Thank you keep up the good work we need strong litecoin pool operators now more then ever. We appreciate your great work
mercury1981

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 08:15:34 AM

@pooler: Strange thing is that I was using my GC3355 for 2 years with WeMineLTC and just recently switched to litecoinpool and now the problems started!? I reduced now to 800MHz - lets see if this helps.
mercury1981

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 11:40:32 AM

I am a little bit lost now:
I tried to reduce the speed of my GC3355 from 850 down to 600MHz (in steps of 50MHz) but the longest period they worked is ca. 8 hours - after that I have to restart BFGminer to work them again (after getting the idle worker notification).

Before that I was using "WeMineLTC" and did not have to restart BFGminer at all (using is for more than 2 years).

Anybody got an idea what the problem could be? I doubt that the USB cables / power supply is the problem as the issues started directly after I switched to litecointpool.org Sad
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: