Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:20:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org)  (Read 226743 times)
pooler (OP)

Activity: 838
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 12:10:43 PM

Anybody got an idea what the problem could be? I doubt that the USB cables / power supply is the problem as the issues started directly after I switched to litecointpool.org

Have you already tried forcing a low share difficulty as I suggested?  This has been reported to help in the case of Gridseeds before.
Also don't underestimate the possibility that the power supply is insufficient, as Gridseeds can be very sensitive (they were the first scrypt ASICs after all).  For instance, it is possible that your previous pool used a less intensive merged mining strategy than the one adopted by litecoinpool.org, so your miner would now be receiving Stratum job pushes more frequently, resulting in a higher load.

BTC: 15MRTcUweNVJbhTyH5rq9aeSdyigFrskqE · LTC: LTCPooLqTK1SANSNeTR63GbGwabTKEkuS7
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mercury1981

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:04:04 PM

I tried now to force the difficulty (sorry, overread this in your first post) - maybe a stupid question but how do I know now which difficulty to set? (I used default = 64 now)
pooler (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 04:19:09 PM

I tried now to force the difficulty (sorry, overread this in your first post) - maybe a stupid question but how do I know now which difficulty to set? (I used default = 64 now)

Trial and error. For a Gridseed I would try powers of two between 16 and 256. In theory the share difficulty shouldn't affect stability (only bandwidth usage and the precision of hash rate estimates), but as I've mentioned before many older ASICs are finicky.

BTC: 15MRTcUweNVJbhTyH5rq9aeSdyigFrskqE · LTC: LTCPooLqTK1SANSNeTR63GbGwabTKEkuS7
mercury1981

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 09:18:32 AM

Thanks a lot pooler - I tried now 64 an miners are running for 2 days now so things look very promising!
HIOAg

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 04:56:25 PM

Hi Pooler and Gang:

A quick note to say Hi and thanks for the great pool, Pooler! Grin

I have just started mining after a 2 year hiatus. I was running GPU rigs until asics started. Still have a bunch of Thunder's laying around.  Now running 2 x Antminer L3+ .

After searching for a pool with a clean, efficient interface and good track record I ended up on litecoinpool.

FYI, my L3+ are running very smooth at a freq of 400 which gives about 520 MH/s. I live in the boonies and as such my internet connection can take a serious beating after school gets out each day. So, from previous mining experience, I will rarely, if ever, find a block ;(.  But the thrill of the chase is still there.

I have done some searching on the pool website and found nothing on the merge mining issue. After a bitcoin talk search I did see that Pooler said they would start merged mining soon after it was available.

As you all know, DOGE coin is going a little coo coo and making a run. I would love to be able to keep my Doge merged mined coin segregated.  Need my Doge pack back Smiley

So, Pooler, if you have time, please explain your current stance on Merged mining and if the coins are going to the bonus LTC.

Thanks again.

HIOAg and away!
pooler (OP)

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 05:34:16 PM

Thank you!

So, Pooler, if you have time, please explain your current stance on Merged mining and if the coins are going to the bonus LTC.
Yes, that's how it works. It is briefly explained on the pool's homepage, as well as in the FAQ and in the first post of this thread:

Since September 11, 2014, the pool supports merged mining of Dogecoin and other cryptocurrencies, resulting in higher payouts than with a regular Litecoin pool.
Every valid share you submit to this pool is instantly credited to your account at the current pay-per-share (PPS) rate. This rate, expressed in litecoins, also takes into account merged-mined coins such as Dogecoin, resulting in higher payouts than a regular Litecoin pool. Thanks to merged mining, you have to pay no fee; in fact, your earnings may even be higher than with a 0-fee PPS system.
[...] Thanks to merged mining, a technique that allows multiple cryptocurrencies to be mined simultaneously, it is possible to achieve PPS ratios higher than 100%. [...]

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
May 22, 2017, 10:03:07 PM

Nice save at 108% now from 102% payout. I was looking seriously at prohash.
I almost cheated in our relationship. 😮

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
HIOAg

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 23, 2017, 01:05:18 AM

Thank you!

Yes, that's how it works. It is briefly explained on the pool's homepage, as well as in the FAQ and in the first post of this thread:

Since September 11, 2014, the pool supports merged mining of Dogecoin and other cryptocurrencies, resulting in higher payouts than with a regular Litecoin pool.
Every valid share you submit to this pool is instantly credited to your account at the current pay-per-share (PPS) rate. This rate, expressed in litecoins, also takes into account merged-mined coins such as Dogecoin, resulting in higher payouts than a regular Litecoin pool. Thanks to merged mining, you have to pay no fee; in fact, your earnings may even be higher than with a 0-fee PPS system.
[...] Thanks to merged mining, a technique that allows multiple cryptocurrencies to be mined simultaneously, it is possible to achieve PPS ratios higher than 100%. [...]
Okay thanks....so much for my reading comprehension.   More LTC, which my rewards are reflecting, is much better than some old Doge!!!
Peace and Out.
HIOAg
Gkul94

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:28:09 PM

Hey, just get everytime invalid shares. I mine with the cuda miner and my nVidia GPU with this bat

cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt:2048 -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 -u yourworker.1 -p password.1 -i 0 -l T10x20 -C 1 -H 2

for sure 'yourworker.1' and 'password.1' with my password/username.

can someone help me?
pooler (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 06:50:20 AM

Hey, just get everytime invalid shares. I mine with the cuda miner and my nVidia GPU with this bat

cudaminer.exe --algo=scrypt:2048 -o stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333 -u yourworker.1 -p password.1 -i 0 -l T10x20 -C 1 -H 2

Wrong algorithm. Try scrypt:1024 instead.

And the usual warning: as explained on the website, GPU mining Litecoin today is very unprofitable and strongly discouraged.

Gkul94

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 08:42:54 PM

First of all, thank you, its working now.-
Next thing is that i dont need to pay for the power consumption, for 12 hours a day. In case of that i can use it in this time, cause my PC is running 24h/day anyway with nearly constant 800 up to 1000 wats.
elald

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 11:46:25 AM

hi

i just purchase a few set of gridseed 5 chips usb miners to mine litecoin.

but i only got about 10 kh/s for each miner when i setup bfgminer to mine.

any idea why i can only get so low speed ?

i use litecoinpool.org

tks

Undecided

ab1jx

Activity: 79
Merit: 18

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 11:12:18 PM

hi

i use litecoinpool.org

tks
 Undecided

Not much info there.  What's the clock speed set to?

I'm using dmaxl's cgminer on the 80 chip version and seeing 5,317 kH/s by litecoinpool's reckoning.  You have 1/16 as many chips so I'm guessing you should see about 332 kH/s.

If you're using cgminer try adding the line
"gridseed-options": "freq=800"
to your cgminer.conf and restarting.  Ooops, just saw the bfgminer in your post  I used that briefly, don't know how to set the speed.  It's probably similar since one is a fork of the other.  Are you seeing any hardware errors"  I see HW:0.

Oh, those things are USB powered, right?  You're going to have similar power issues to stickminers, need to use a hub that can supply a fair bit of current to each USB jack.  A symptom is that one miner runs well but when you plug in several they slow down.  A good hub from the Gekkoscience threads is https://www.amazon.com/Superbpag-Portable-Charger-Transfer-Samsung/dp/B013OK10YM  It might be overkill for Gridseeds but it eliminates one worry.

Oh, and even with 80 chips I make about $0.20 per day so don't expect to get rich.
elald

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 01:41:08 PM

hi

i use litecoinpool.org

tks
 Undecided

I'm using dmaxl's cgminer on the 80 chip version and seeing 5,317 kH/s by litecoinpool's reckoning.  You have 1/16 as many chips so I'm guessing you should see about 332 kH/s.

to your cgminer.conf and restarting.  Ooops, just saw the bfgminer in your post  I used that briefly, don't know how to set the speed.  It's probably similar since one is a fork of the other.  Are you seeing any hardware errors"  I see HW:0.

Oh, those things are USB powered, right?  You're going to have similar power issues to stickminers, need to use a hub that can supply a fair bit of current to each USB jack.  A symptom is that one miner runs well but when you plug in several they slow down.  A good hub from the Gekkoscience threads is https://www.amazon.com/Superbpag-Portable-Charger-Transfer-Samsung/dp/B013OK10YM  It might be overkill for Gridseeds but it eliminates one worry.

Oh, and even with 80 chips I make about $0.20 per day so don't expect to get rich.

good info. let me try to use cgminer instead.

80chips only can get about 0.2 per day... looks like mining litecoin isnt very profitable.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:02:03 PM

hi

i use litecoinpool.org

tks
 Undecided

good info. let me try to use cgminer instead.

80chips only can get about 0.2 per day... looks like mining litecoin isnt very profitable.

It is profitable, you're just using very old, inefficient hardware to mine.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
JPITrader

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:36:19 PM

Hi there. Do you offer merged mining with litecoin ? And if yes, what other coins you offer ? And at what rate per LTC mined ?

Since nobody has done it yet, I'm launching a pure pay-per-share Litecoin pool. As you probably know, this system has several advantages:

• No penalty for orphaned blocks.
  • Predictable income: you are no more subject to bad luck.
  • Rewards are instantly credited to your account (you don't have to wait for a block to be solved or confirmed).
  • You can be sure that the pool operator is not cheating (because you know how many shares you submit).
  • Immunity to pool hopping.

This method results in the least possible variance for miners.

Other features include: (updated)

• Exclusive ultra-low-latency Stratum implementation, written in C for maximum performance
  • Support for Stratum over SSL/TLS, to prevent MITM attacks
  • Support for extensions to the Stratum protocol, including resume, suggest_difficulty and suggest_target
  • Adaptive share difficulty (“vardiff”)
  • Geographically-distributed, redundant servers
  • Detailed stats updated every minute
  • Detailed history of earnings and payouts
  • Per-worker performance graphs
  • Automatic and manual payouts
  • Email notification of idle miners
  • Two-factor authentication support
  • Extensive JSON API and mobile interfaces
  • Website and mining interface also accessible as Tor hidden services
  • Lightweight interface

We are currently merged-mining Argentum, Dogecoin, Huntercoin, Pesetacoin, Umbrella-LTC, Viacoin.

https://www.litecoinpool.org/

Feedback and feature requests are very welcome! Smiley

pooler (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 04:17:16 PM

Hi there. Do you offer merged mining with litecoin ? And if yes, what other coins you offer ? And at what rate per LTC mined ?

We are currently merged-mining Argentum, Dogecoin, Huntercoin, Pesetacoin, Umbrella-LTC, Viacoin.

You literally quoted the answer to your first two questions yourself. The answer to the third question is the "PPS ratio" that you can find on the top right of every page of the website. For further details, see this other post and the pages linked from there.

drone_121

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 12:19:31 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2017, 02:10:10 AM by drone_121

51% Attack F2Pool
https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools

I think the reason this happens is that al new LTC mining equipment is standard pointing to Antpool or F2Pool.
Most of the new equipment is sold to farms in China, and it's very simple that they want a chinese language pool..

If we want more (chinese) people mining at Litecoinpool.org, we should make chinese language available.

There are a lot more L3+ units underway....

51% Attacks expained :
http://coinnoob.com/51-percent-attack
pooler (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 06:51:09 AM

51% Attack F2Pool

Sorry but this is misleading (and I say this against my own interests). First of all, one entity controlling 51% does not mean an attack is going on: the entity would have to intentionally plan an attack, and I'm pretty sure this is against the interest of any pool. Secondly, one does not need to have 50% in order to perform such an attack, even with 30% the probability of succeeding is relatively high.

macsheadroom

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Computer Service Tech

View Profile
June 16, 2017, 02:16:40 AM

Woot! Found my first block with my 1 L3+ after 1.6TH of work. Glad I did not try to solo, I'd have no hair left.

1FQkmrwQ7yf9MKGLsAUhY2jgMT8WjepwL7
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: