Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:32:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The First Litecoin PPS Pool (litecoinpool.org)  (Read 226813 times)
millerfilm

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2017, 10:51:04 AM

No, the output of merged mining also contributes to miners' rewards (otherwise how could the pool pay 101% PPS?), but rather than having a complex system with payouts on 7 different chains all payouts are made in litecoins.

Okay, I was wondering about the 101%. Since I saw no indication of other coins, like Dogecoin, I didn't know how it worked.

One thing is that I would like some variety, and not only mine Litecoin. Can you offer some suggestions as to how I would go about doing that? My impression is that you would add a pool in the Antminer "Miner General Configuration" that offers different scrypt coins to mine. Then, you would configure what you mine on that pool's site.

I thought about adding ProHashing. But, they are full up and are not taking new users.

Thanks again for your help!
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MisterT63

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:51:32 AM

Followed the guide and added this with my worker below it and password last .  ALso tried without the prefix as you said that antminer doesnet support that ( although it works fine on nicehash etc)

stratum+tcp://litecoinpool.org:3333
MisterT63.L303

miners shows worker as DEAD

Tried these two as well
http://litecoinpool.org:3333
litecoinpool.org:3333

user name is MisterT63.. any help much appreciated
pooler (OP)

Activity: 838
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:47:27 PM

Since I saw no indication of other coins, like Dogecoin, I didn't know how it worked.
Just for the record, Dogecoin is mentioned both on the homepage, where the reward system is explained, and in the first post of this thread.

One thing is that I would like some variety, and not only mine Litecoin. Can you offer some suggestions as to how I would go about doing that?
Well, consider that with merged mining you are mining more than just Litecoin. If what you mean is that you don't want to be mining Litecoin all the time, or that you would like to receive payouts in something other than litecoins without going through an exchange, then I'm afraid you'll have to look for another pool.

My impression is that you would add a pool in the Antminer "Miner General Configuration" that offers different scrypt coins to mine. Then, you would configure what you mine on that pool's site.
You probably want a profit-switching pool then. By the way, keep in mind that even though you can enter 3 addresses in an Antminer's configuration panel, the miner will only be using one at a time, and the second and third addresses will only be used if the miner can't connect to the first one. (Maybe you already knew this, but I'm also mentioning it for future readers.)

BTC: 15MRTcUweNVJbhTyH5rq9aeSdyigFrskqE · LTC: LTCPooLqTK1SANSNeTR63GbGwabTKEkuS7
pooler (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 08:57:45 PM

Followed the guide and added this with my worker below it and password last .  ALso tried without the prefix as you said that antminer doesnet support that ( although it works fine on nicehash etc)
[...]
miners shows worker as DEAD

Some versions of Bitmain's software appear to accept both forms, but "litecoinpool.org:3333" (without the protocol prefix) should always work.
There haven't been any problems with the pool's servers, so the issue lies almost certainly on your end. Feel free to email screenshots to support if you'd like an extra pair of eyes to check your configuration.

BTC: 15MRTcUweNVJbhTyH5rq9aeSdyigFrskqE · LTC: LTCPooLqTK1SANSNeTR63GbGwabTKEkuS7
millerfilm

Activity: 38

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2017, 07:59:54 AM

Since I saw no indication of other coins, like Dogecoin, I didn't know how it worked.
Just for the record, Dogecoin is mentioned both on the homepage, where the reward system is explained, and in the first post of this thread.

One thing is that I would like some variety, and not only mine Litecoin. Can you offer some suggestions as to how I would go about doing that?
Well, consider that with merged mining you are mining more than just Litecoin. If what you mean is that you don't want to be mining Litecoin all the time, or that you would like to receive payouts in something other than litecoins without going through an exchange, then I'm afraid you'll have to look for another pool.

My impression is that you would add a pool in the Antminer "Miner General Configuration" that offers different scrypt coins to mine. Then, you would configure what you mine on that pool's site.
You probably want a profit-switching pool then. By the way, keep in mind that even though you can enter 3 addresses in an Antminer's configuration panel, the miner will only be using one at a time, and the second and third addresses will only be used if the miner can't connect to the first one. (Maybe you already knew this, but I'm also mentioning it for future readers.)

I know that Internet forums are all about "gotchas." But, I was talking about the My Account section on Litecoinpool. There is no mention of Dogecoin.

I just thought it would be fun to have a variety of coins. No other reason, really. But, I certainly appreciate the pool giving out 101%. And, Litecoin is a better currency to have, anyway. I don't know how their pool compares to others on a practical basis when it comes to payouts. But, with Litecoin, I don't see other options that have been reviewed as being that great. ProHashing seems to be having problems because it sounds like they don't have the people they need to keep it going as well as they could. And, they stopped taking new registrants, anyway.

So, Litecoinpool is likely the best option for me.
fanten

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Future of Global Copyright Registration

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 09:58:33 AM

I know that Internet forums are all about "gotchas." But, I was talking about the My Account section on Litecoinpool. There is no mention of Dogecoin.

I just thought it would be fun to have a variety of coins. No other reason, really. But, I certainly appreciate the pool giving out 101%. And, Litecoin is a better currency to have, anyway. I don't know how their pool compares to others on a practical basis when it comes to payouts. But, with Litecoin, I don't see other options that have been reviewed as being that great. ProHashing seems to be having problems because it sounds like they don't have the people they need to keep it going as well as they could. And, they stopped taking new registrants, anyway.

So, Litecoinpool is likely the best option for me.

101% pps is a good payout but way before that they even give out until 108%. I hope that day will come again. Dual mine better value coin perhaps.

Smile
pooler (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 10:15:53 AM

101% pps is a good payout but way before that they even give out until 108%. I hope that day will come again.

The all-time high was actually 140% in October 2014, a few weeks after Dogecoin became merge-minable. But of course, the profitability of merged mining has gone down a lot since then. Right now even 101% is very generous, considering the current market situation.

fanten

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 01:56:35 PM

101% pps is a good payout but way before that they even give out until 108%. I hope that day will come again.

The all-time high was actually 140% in October 2014, a few weeks after Dogecoin became merge-minable. But of course, the profitability of merged mining has gone down a lot since then. Right now even 101% is very generous, considering the current market situation.

Wow 140% wish i can know mining  earlier and back to that day. Is it possible that the rate in the future will go below 100%? I guess that is possible.

One more question,
Anyway to dual mine other more profitable coins to make the rate increase?

Thanks

Smile
pooler (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2017, 03:02:59 PM

Is it possible that the rate in the future will go below 100%? I guess that is possible.
Yes, it is possible. For instance, if one day merged mining becomes totally worthless, the PPS ratio would certainly have to go below 100% (and probably below 99%, because you have to account for orphaned blocks etc.).

Anyway to dual mine other more profitable coins to make the rate increase?
When you say "dual mine" I think of those ASICs that (like Gridseeds) can mine two different algorithms at once. But I suppose that you're actually thinking of a system that replaces Litecoin with something else if it deems it more profitable. That's exactly what profit-switching pools do, but, as its name suggests, LitecoinPool.org is a Litecoin pool, not a profit-switching pool.

RealHummer

Activity: 238
Merit: 113

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:26:51 AM

Why is it every time they change the difficulty and it drops a few percent this guy jumps on this pool and then the next jump goes 20% actually its showing 35% now for the increase in a day or so. I know its overall hash on all LTC but this big time user comes and goes. They have some serious hash also.
   anonymous   11,168,627 Hash Power    4,078.6 LTC Per Day
fanten

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:01:54 AM

Why is it every time they change the difficulty and it drops a few percent this guy jumps on this pool and then the next jump goes 20% actually its showing 35% now for the increase in a day or so. I know its overall hash on all LTC but this big time user comes and goes. They have some serious hash also.
   anonymous   11,168,627 Hash Power    4,078.6 LTC Per Day

I noticed this too. Everytime the difficulty changed, the next difficulty will surge. Wonder why that. That a lot of difficulty changes.

Next Difficulty Estimate   2,011,201 (+44.5%)

Smile
hercthx

Activity: 52

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:00:55 PM

anonymous   11,168,627 Hash Power    4,078.6 LTC Per Day

I noticed this too. Everytime the difficulty changed, the next difficulty will surge. Wonder why that. That a lot of difficulty changes.

Next Difficulty Estimate   2,011,201 (+44.5%)
Perhaps he/she is pool switching like on a cycle or something. I understand there are a few different options for pool switching in some miner software settings (pool rotate, pool fail-over and such). Don't know why that miner just doesn't stay here it's a very good pool, with a well designed dashboard IMO!
LuckyCarl

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 01:25:06 AM

Need a little help setting up the correct URL, Worker, and Password for litecoinpool.org
Current settings:
URL:  stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333
Worker:  the address from Core - Wallet, Receive, Request Payment.  When window appears, use the Address:
Password:  I have no information of a valid PW.

If I setup for nicehash, the antMiner connects and I can search for the Worker Address and nicehash finds it and displays my current account.
If I setup the above as one of the Workers, the antMiner Status Screen shows it to have a status of Dead.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks
LC
pooler (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 07:24:49 AM

Need a little help setting up the correct URL, Worker, and Password for litecoinpool.org
Current settings:
URL:  stratum+tcp://us2.litecoinpool.org:3333
Worker:  the address from Core - Wallet, Receive, Request Payment.  When window appears, use the Address:
Password:  I have no information of a valid PW.

Please read the Getting Started section on the website. You must use the username and password of one of your workers. In the case of an Antminer you will probably also have to remove the protocol prefix from the URL, i.e. just enter "us2.litecoinpool.org:3333".

LuckyCarl

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:23:24 PM

Thank you for the reply.
I <did> read the getting started section which is where I found the URL.  I'll try your suggestion and remove the prefix to the url.

After writing a few questions, I tried a few things and was able to get the antMiner connected to LitecoinPool.org so we'll skip the questions (except the one in number 2).
To help others, here's what I did:
1) After reading the directions for the antMiner, some 'older versions' of the L3+ do not recognize the URL prefix "stratum+tcp://"  My antMiner is new and does connect with the prefix.
2) At the top of the page at LitecoinPool.org | Account Settings, is a list of workers which is made up of two parts, your UserName then a period, and a suffix of something you can designate which I made mine an in-house serial number of the physical miner.  [[[Does anyone know the specifics of this suffix?  How many characters?, alpha-numeric?, special characters allowed?]]]
3) Next to Account Settings | Workers | User Name is the password.  I just made mine the same as the in-house serial number I came up with for my miner.
4) Save the LitecoinPool.org Account Settings, then save the antMiner configuration.

I had several issues with the antMiner stating "Socket Connection Failed:  Connection Refused".  So, if you have this error, some reports say it was the person's router stopping the communications from the antMiner to the outside world, some say it's a hardware issue.  I was scared about the hardware issue because it's not economical to send it back to China.
After some investigation, it seems to be a 'network validation' which means the antMiner needs internet access, And connection to a pool with a valid username and password.  If anyone of the three are wrong, you'll get the error so make sure all is correct.
My antMiner took several minutes to reboot, validate network, and login to the pool before the Socket Connection Failed error went a way.

Hope this may help others with the same issue...

LuckyCarl

pooler (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2017, 02:55:17 PM

2) At the top of the page at LitecoinPool.org | Account Settings, is a list of workers which is made up of two parts, your UserName then a period, and a suffix of something you can designate which I made mine an in-house serial number of the physical miner.  [[[Does anyone know the specifics of this suffix?  How many characters?, alpha-numeric?, special characters allowed?]]]

It must be alphanumeric (but underscores are allowed), and 1 to 20 characters long.

casy007

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:22:20 PM

if my vorker found the block, will I be rewarded for this?
pooler (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:27:42 PM

if my vorker found the block, will I be rewarded for this?

See this FAQ entry.

casy007

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:38:52 PM

I read it, but I did not understand. Today my vorker found a block, but I did not see the rewards
pooler (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2017, 12:58:57 PM

I read it, but I did not understand. Today my vorker found a block, but I did not see the rewards

To clarify, that is normal. As explained in the FAQ, finding a block does not result in any special reward.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 »
  Print  

Jump to: