Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:53:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ZOLD, an experimental non-Blockchain cryptocurrency for fast micropayments  (Read 8976 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fraazi

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 07, 2019, 06:43:44 PM

Why Ruby? Is it fast enough for a cryptocurrency?

The rate of ZLD jumpled from $0.96 to over $3.00 in just six months. Why so?

This coin is hard-wired to Bitcoin. When Bitcoin moves, ZLD moves together with it.

Bitcoin is proecssing my transaction for two hours already. It is what you call a payment system?
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neoneomimi

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 04:06:31 AM

Have you been to any crypto conferences? Are there any meetups of zld?
w3s7

Activity: 19

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 06:46:47 AM

What's your code base now? How many code lines? Can you compare Bitcoin or Ethereum?

No matter how much promotion you put into Bitcoin, Zold, and other cryptocurrencies, they are STILL not GOING to be useflu for real business, simply because their prices jump up and down every day. They are not a CONSISTENT currency. They are OK for speculations and trading. This is what we use them for. But real business? Forget it.
bokieie

Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 07:20:38 AM

What's your code base now? How many code lines? Can you compare Bitcoin or Ethereum?

No matter how much promotion you put into Bitcoin, Zold, and other cryptocurrencies, they are STILL not GOING to be useflu for real business, simply because their prices jump up and down every day. They are not a CONSISTENT currency. They are OK for speculations and trading. This is what we use them for. But real business? Forget it.

There may be volatility in the market, but it’s only a matter of time before they level out. Give it a few more years, and we will see much more stability. Don't you understand that their prices will be as reliable as dollars or euro?
w3s7

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 07:39:22 AM

There may be volatility in the market, but it’s only a matter of time before they level out. Give it a few more years, and we will see much more stability. Don't you understand that their prices will be as reliable as dollars or euro?

I just don't see how that will ever happen because thees digital assets are not regulated. They don't have any SERIOUS organizations BEHIND them. We SIMPLY can't trust them!
bokieie

Merit: 1

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 09:46:31 AM

I just don't see how that will ever happen because thees digital assets are not regulated. They don't have any SERIOUS organizations BEHIND them. We SIMPLY can't trust them!

Let's just wait and see what happens, but I’m confident the concept is here to stay.
mipo5

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 10:08:26 AM

How many nodes you got? What if I run my own. How much would I earn? Where would you get the MONEY to pay me, if I run the node. You are not TRADED anywhere...
giocante

View Profile
September 08, 2019, 06:46:32 PM

What is the price of Zold coin now?

No matter how much promotion you put into Bitcoin, Zold, and other cryptocurrencies, they will still not be useful for real business, simply because their prices jump every day. They aren't consistent currencies. Speculations and trading are OK. We're using them for this. But true business? Forget it.

I just don't see how that will ever HAPPEN because these digital assets are not regulated. They don't have any serious organizations behind them. We simply can't trust them!

Let's just wait and see what happens, but I'm confident it's here to stay.

Bitcoin is the FUTURE of this civilization. Why do we need anything else, like this Zold?
edmoffo

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 12:49:45 AM

I STILL don't understnad what makes this project special?

Are you a software developer?

I'm not sure you understand what decentralization means. WTF! Blockchain has no backbone and no central nodes, while you guys have master nodes, AFAIK. Where is the decentralization?

You most probably don't understand how Blockchain projects work and start. Can you imagine a young Bitcoin without any centralization? It will be ruined in a few hours by a simple 51% attack.

So, what is the point of decentralization than? 🙊🙊 Let's just create another Visa 😭😭😭

You don't understand the dynamics of a CRYPTO project. 🥶 Read this blog post: https://blog.zold.io/2018/12/27/masters-and-edges.html And wathc this video of Yegor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lr0cFhwE6M

Bitcoin is the currency of the future, this is obvious for everybody, who can think logically. It is only a matter of time. 😇😇😇
yegor256 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

Creator of Zold

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2019, 06:18:06 AM

Where do you find resources and energy to work on this? 😉😉

The work itself gives us energy! Smiley

Creator of Zold / click here to buy a few!
w3s7

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 08:16:52 AM

Where do I buy ZOLD coins?

Do you think it's possible to achive the speed of Visa/MasterCard with a cryptocurrency?

To be honest, I don't think it's possible at all. Cryptocurrencies are DISTRIBUTED by design. They have to maintain their data on multiple servers, whihc means that they have to spend much more time to approve a transaction. They will never be as fast as centralized solutions.
yegor256 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 15

Creator of Zold

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2019, 11:49:22 AM

What is the total amount of this coin? The price is not cheap.

The total capacity is 2 billion, but it's just a technical limitation.

The actual amount of coins issues since the last June is around 120K.

You can see more details here: https://wts.zold.io/rate

Creator of Zold / click here to buy a few!
giocante

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 06:31:56 PM

No matter how much promotion you put into Bitcoin, Zold, and other cryptocurrencies, they will still not be useful for real business, simply because their prices jump every day. They aren't consistent currencies. Speculations and trading are OK. We're using them for this. But true business? Forget it.

I just don't see how that will ever HAPPEN because these digital assets are not regulated. They don't have any serious organizations behind them. We simply can't trust them!

Let's just wait and see what happens, but I'm confident it's here to stay.

Bitcoin is the FUTURE of this civilization. Why do we need anything else, like this Zold?

The market is way biggre than a single currency. Why do you thikn so many fiat currencies exist, like dollar, euro, SWISS franc and so on? Because nobody wants to have a monopoly of one group of people. We need diversity. We need many options.

We have Ethereum, Dash, Monero and so on. They all are BASED on Blockchain, which is a proven technology, which works for many years already. This project is doing something else, which means it's RISKY and not proven.
erqin

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 09, 2019, 07:02:34 PM

Are there any books on programming and cryptocurrencies which you would like to recommend to read?

I don't know. If anyone knows, please post them here.

You might find this book interesting: https://[Suspicious link removed]/2H2sVzJ I read it a few months ago and found it interesting.

No MATTER how much marketing you put into Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies they are still not USEFUL for real business, simply because theri prices jump up and down every day.

Yes, the volatility of the crypto-market is very high, but this is only a matter of time. Give it a few more years and we will see much more stability. Don't you UNDERSTAND that their prices will be as reliable as dollars or euro?

Do you think Zold has any future?
edmoffo

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 12:55:06 AM

I STILL don't understnad what makes this project special?

I'm not sure you understand what decentralization means. WTF! Blockchain has no backbone and no central nodes, while you guys have master nodes, AFAIK. Where is the decentralization?

You most probably don't understand how Blockchain projects work and start. Can you imagine a young Bitcoin without any centralization? It will be ruined in a few hours by a simple 51% attack.

So, what is the point of decentralization than? 🙊🙊 Let's just create another Visa 😭😭😭

You don't understand the dynamics of a CRYPTO project. 🥶 Read this blog post: https://blog.zold.io/2018/12/27/masters-and-edges.html And wathc this video of Yegor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lr0cFhwE6M

Bitcoin is the currency of the future, this is obvious for everybody, who can think logically. It is only a matter of time. 😇😇😇

Bitcoin is just a SOFTWARE product, which is created by a group of software enthusiasts. How can such a product replace government organizations, whihc are hundreds years old? Besides, it is SUPER slow.

Yes, Bitcoin is slow, this is one of its problems, whihc is going to be SOLVED by the Lightning Network or by this ZOLD thing. I'm not yet sure how far this initiative will go, but it does look promising.
pi314s

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 01:30:30 AM

The project looks interesting indeed. Keep it up and give it some time. In a few yeasr you will be glad that you didn't give up! 😊😊

What makes ZOLD particularly interesting? I don't see it.

It seems that this cryptocurrency is diffeernt from all others, and this is what makes it special first of all. It doesn't have a Blockchain inside and that's why doesn't have all the technical problems Blockchain causes, like low speed or high cost of maintenance. I'm not sure about the future of the project either, but it does look technically sound to me.
w3s7

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 08:05:52 AM

How do you tackle old data's immutability? What if someone tries to modify data processed a month ago. What is going to happen?

Do you think Visa/MasterCard speed is possibel with a cryptocurrency?

To be honest, I don't think it's possible at all. Cryptocurrencies are distributed by design. They have to MAINTAIN their data on multiple servers, which means that they have to spend much more time to approve a transaction. They will never be as fast as centralized solutions.

I still don't understand what MAKSE this project special?
mipo5

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 08:40:07 AM

How do you tackle old data's immutability? What if someone tries to modify data processed a month ago. What is going to happen?

To be honest, I don't think it's possible at all. Cryptocurrencies are distributed by design. They have to MAINTAIN their data on multiple servers, which means that they have to spend much more time to approve a transaction. They will never be as fast as centralized solutions.

w3s7

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 08:59:59 AM

No, I'm a tech investor. Why?
mipo5

View Profile
September 10, 2019, 09:20:14 AM

No, I'm a tech investor. Why?

Check THEIR White Paper and you will understand the difference. Actually, you better read the Green Paper, it summarizes everything in just a few pages: http://papers.zold.io/green-paper.pdf
Pages: « 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 »
  Print  

Jump to: