Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:14:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you trust somebody's predictions on this forum?
I trust some ppl here - 55 (59.1%)
I trust nobody here - 38 (40.9%)
Total Voters: 93

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust somebody on this forum?  (Read 3352 times)
edwardspitz

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:21:52 PM

I find this forum pretty entertaining because trading is binary: You either buy or you sell. On top of that the dude next to you might change his position at any time because TA, news or whatever.

There are some people whose opinion I trust most of the time. There are some people who I find to be in denial. And then there are some who just spread fud without any basis. In a bear market I am more weary of long term holders. They are either in denial or they try to manipulate. During this bear market I have also found that there are a few are long term holders who actually dare make bearish predictions. Brave people Smiley

You also have to consider that many people don't mind sharing their honest opinion once they have changed their positions and are done trading. It is also in their interest that others reach the same conclusion as they have. It takes longer for a whale to be done with his trading, so they might be tempted to manipulate while they finish their buying or selling. Finally I also have a feeling that there are moments where nobody has a clue what is going on. In these rare moments people sometimes come together and try to figure it out.

If you take these things into account then this forum can work for you. At the end of the day you have to make your own analysis.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andreja1982

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:26:30 PM

you must trust to someone on forum

NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM NEM
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3556
Merit: 5041

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 07:40:25 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 08:03:09 PM by Torque

Of the people on this sub that I feel truly have the interests of bitcoiners at heart, I can count maybe about 5-6.  These folks have been around since at least 2012 or early 2013 if not before, and are willing to share their time and experiences here.

1. Be wary of anyone that has signed up since the Nov 2013 run up (I guess that includes me too, but please know that I have been lurking since July 2013).  Anyone who has signed up in the last 3-4 months, don't trust at all.

2. Be wary of anyone that has not been through at least 2 bitcoin bubbles.  Those that have know the possibilities of this market better than anyone who hasn't.

3. Be wary of anyone that seems a permabear, or that only logs in to tell everyone that bitcoin is doomed/going down/going to $0.  They are either an idiot day trader trying to influence the market, or just a miserable troll that has no business on a forum dedicated to bitcoin.

4. Be wary of anyone that just logs into the Speculation sub forum only when bad news in the bitcoin world is happening, see reasons #3 above.

5. Be wary of anyone that boasts that they know what they are doing and know Bitcoin TA like the back of their hand, and then you go back and read their sub thread history and learn that they were always so full of shit and all of their adamant, superlative predictions never came true.  These people are just egotistical grand standers that demand everyone's attention, and like the majority have no formal finance or trading background.

6. Be wary of anyone that has been in the bitcoin market longer than 2 years and are still doing poorly at this from an investment standpoint.  I'm fully convinced that even a savvy, poor person could have played this market decently with a modest sum of money from 2 years ago, and be well on their way to a fantastic retirement fund by now.
Wary (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Who's there?

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:30:34 PM

Can we trust you Wary, or should we remain wary?  Tongue
No, you shouldn't be wary about me. You should be paranoid  Grin

Fairplay medal of dnaleor's trading simulator. Smiley
Wary (OP)

Who's there?

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:32:34 PM

edwardspitz, Torque.  Thanks for detailed analysis!

Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 08:50:58 PM

The posts with themes like final warning, do not hold fiat or last chance to short are obvious manipulators. Idiot manipulators, more like as its blatantly obvious.

There are some posters who seem to follow charts religiously and consistently and I more likely to trust them, keeping in mind there is a good chance their charts give wrong predictions or they are biased into seeing what they want to see.
mikerbiker6

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:00:33 PM

So basically every1 bearish on bitcoin

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
mikerbiker6

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 08, 2014, 10:01:04 PM

Your profile picture is creeping me out man.

Participate and Earn on the Letstalkbitcoin forum letstalkbitcoin.com
Wary (OP)

Who's there?

View Profile
May 09, 2014, 02:03:33 AM

Your profile picture is creeping me out man.
It's mean to. And it matches my signature.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: