Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:17:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin adoption: Don't just sit down, do something  (Read 1197 times)
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 11:15:42 PM

We all want bitcoin to be globally adopted right, you want to be able to use your bitcoin as a currency to buy foodstuffs, goods or service in your local community then what are you doing to encourage that?

I would love to encourage people to accept cryptos as a payment option, but if I try to do it, I will be arrested by Police because bitcoin or any other cryptos are notified illegal tender in my country. Can you do something about it? No!

Don't just blame the community! Try to know why they are not able to help in the adoption process! Majority of them are legally bound like me!

People who are living in countries where cryptos are banned can contribute by educating other people about cryptocurrencies who are not still aware of it.
When more people in your country will have crypto knowledge then surely sooner or later government will think to lift the ban.

We all want bitcoin to be globally adopted right, you want to be able to use your bitcoin as a currency to buy foodstuffs, goods or service in your local community then what are you doing to encourage that? No one here can tell me that he/she hasn't sold anything before, so you have no excuse of not accepting bitcoin in exchange for what you sold be it your books, gadget or anything salable expect you never knew of bitcoin then.

Exactly, it's time to do it practically instead of waiting for the future while sitting, we should need to start it from grass root level.
If you don't have your own business where you can accept crypto as payment, then you should encourage other people in your local community who can do it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 02:24:20 AM

People who are living in countries where cryptos are banned can contribute by educating other people about cryptocurrencies who are not still aware of it.

Given that bitcoin is already banned on your country then why bother talk about bitcoin to others ?  I think its useless because they cannot still use it anyway  . you will only risking you self because you are doing illegal things that is against the law  .  all i can suggest to you  is to wait for your government or country to unban/allow  the use of crypto and that is the time to start your advocacy about spreading the word bitcoin to other people  .
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 03:46:26 AM

* Promoters have to be 100% sure those dangerous volatility that happened recently won't repeat again.

* We should advice against negative publicity about Bitcoin...
I think most Governments could become hostile if you try to spread Bitcoin in countries. They will certainly use all sorts of bad words to discourage citizens from using or promoting it.
who the promoters is ? we can't give that promise to potential investors, we know that fluctuations will continue to come at any time, and maybe will make prices fall back later, that's a natural thing in the real bitcoin market.
negative news will continue to come because bitcoin competitors will continue to stand next to bitcoin, all we have to do is educate them about bitcoin
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 03:51:15 AM

When walking through the local shopping mall i saw a huge sign flapping in the wind by the entrance. To my surprise it was advertising the bitcoin ATM machine below it. Although no-one was using it i was glad to see it spreading

You're saying that it is like a disease that is spreading.

There are a lot of Bitcoin ATM machines in some countries, some don't have them and some don't even legalize Bitcoin. I don't know why we should advertise Bitcoin but I don't think we should force people to do it. I know that as an investor it will be our profit doing that but I don't know if other people will be doing the same.
DreamStage

Activity: 625
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 03:52:39 AM

You are right with everything you said. I will already follow such advices and provide such payment options for my customers in the future as i'm with current software developments.
I might as well talk with some partners to discuss how they could be winning with crypto market for their own businesses. So let's see if more of them will adopt their payment systems.

This would also boost up Bitcoin prices as more people would be willing to buy more and more coins just for their own real life situations.
I think it's a +1 and we can't ignore it.

Nothing to see here
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2019, 05:07:24 AM

When walking through the local shopping mall i saw a huge sign flapping in the wind by the entrance. To my surprise it was advertising the bitcoin ATM machine below it. Although no-one was using it i was glad to see it spreading

There are a lot of Bitcoin ATM machines in some countries, some don't have them and some don't even legalize Bitcoin. I don't know why we should advertise Bitcoin but I don't think we should force people to do it. I know that as an investor it will be our profit doing that but I don't know if other people will be doing the same.

If we advertise and promote the bitcoin then i don't think it is harmful for anyone. If you think as a investor you also have a benefit in it. Because when people have awareness about bitcoin then they do invest more in bitcoin and it will be profitable for all of us. But now we have no need to promote any crypto currency even Bitcoin, because Bitcoin has some in this place where it don't need any praise from us.
Few years back, people did not know about bitcoin too much but now i am happy to see that the world environment about crypto currencies has been changed.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Cryptoobiobi

Activity: 132
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 22, 2019, 05:36:44 AM

Yes you are right. For bitcoin adoption to enter mainstream, we all as the crypto enthusiats have a lot to do. It is our duty to create awareness of bitcoin in all available media, accept bitcoin as payment for services, and encourage others as well. We are the bitcoin army, lets go make mass adoption a reality
kennen1113

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2019, 02:29:03 PM

Agree, using and investing in bitcoin is always a job that others should automatically do, we should not force or encourage and promote bitcoin to them because I feel it will make the image of bitcoin worse, I don't deny that when we advertise and recommend, bitcoin may be more popular but what people remember is just an obnoxious person talking about a scam product. As long as the quality and benefits that bitcoin provides are good, it will grow rapidly, we need not do anything else except to accumulate and earn from it.

Silica NeXus                 
▄▄▄▄▄  Crowdfund the Nexus  ▄▄▄▄▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: