Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2019, 06:19:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin Giveaway is SCAM  (Read 236 times)
timerland

Activity: 1162
Merit: 559

View Profile
January 15, 2019, 12:12:51 PM

At least you knew to ask the official litecoin team, before putting more money and effort into this scam.

You got to realize that a lot of the called "giveaways", run by seemingly trustworthy and verified accounts that ask for an initial deposit, your private keys, or your personal details in exchange for "airdropped" coins are all scams. This litecoin giveaway scam works just like the classic scams in the past which exchanges like Binance had to deal with before, and the process is exactly the same.

Don't ever send funds to any addresses that these giveaways present you. Legit giveaways would never ask you for money, just use your common sense. If they're really looking to promote their site, they wouldn't be asking for money as if they are some form of investment firm.

In the future, if you see any similar airdrops, giveaways, or investment opportunities from established organizations or companies, always verify their legitimacy first. If it sounds too good to be true, avoid it. Search on google whether there are any official articles released about any events, and verify that it is indeed official before proceeding.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
BeBlockTech

Activity: 306
Merit: 15

0x0aB3d7068693b1b9aa3ea230B47817aF3BAac851

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 12:32:54 AM

If it's to good to be truth, most of the time it is. That "give away" on Twitter and other platform are all a scam, specially when they ask you to send money, coins and/or private keys before sending you what they've promised for.

If someone wants to give you coins, and ask you for coins before giving the coins they promised, it doesn't take to be a genius to know it's fake. I mean, if they want to give you something and ask for tx fees or any other way of money, you should stay away from it.

When I send coins to people with whom I'm doing business and the fee needs to be pay by the or something, I just discount the fees from the amount I'm supposed to send and that's it, no need for their privates keys, for an advance or something similar.

This field is 99% full of scammers, you are dealing with the biggest piece of crap that the world has to offer here, people without shame that hide behind a screen to steal other peoples wealth is very common here.

My father say most of the time "In my time, if you wanted to steal from someone you had to get in front of him and confront your victim. He also say that another good way to steal from others was to educate yourself. I guess that in our time you have to be educated (hackers, programmers, ICO founders...) to steal from others.
RokOrids

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 12:37:47 AM

It is rather strange that there are still people who believe such promises) The more fabulous the offer seems, the more likely it is scam)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.