Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:04:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How is false negative red tags handled  (Read 136 times)
CryptopreneurBrainboss (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4153

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 05:33:32 AM

So I picked interested in the whole trust feature of the forum after the recent hype and S_Therapist was advertising it all over meta with his guides, infograph and importance of custom trust list.  I now have a custom trust list and have started red tagging. Still playing it safe though but will up my game after some of my questions are answers. I was about red tagging a ban evasion offender then notice he red tagged someone else (with no evidence) for red tagging him. So  below are my questions;
  • if I get a false red tag (no valid evidence) how is it handled, will it be removed or countered with a positive trust after appeal
  • Is there an exeption to breaking of the rules accounts shouldn't be red tagged for?
  • Are there some offends only DT memebers can red tag account in which the average users can't.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
January 14, 2019, 05:42:27 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2019, 05:52:39 AM by bones261

So I picked interested in the whole trust feature of the forum after the recent hype and S_Therapist was advertising it all over meta with his guides, infograph and importance of custom trust list.  I now have a custom trust list and have started red tagging. Still playing it safe though but will up my game after some of my questions are answers. I was about red tagging a ban evasion offender then notice he red tagged someone else (with no evidence) for red tagging him. So  below are my questions;
  • if I get a false red tag (no valid evidence) how is it handled, will it be removed or countered with a positive trust after appeal
  • Is there an exeption to breaking of the rules accounts shouldn't be red tagged for?
  • Are there some offends only DT memebers can red tag account in which the average users can't.

The best way to handle it is to appeal the red trust with the person who wrote it. However, the only way the person's red tag shows up on the trust numbers for an individual depends on their trust settings. Otherwise, it just shows up under the section "untrusted feedback." Most people have not fiddled with their trust settings, so it is set on default trust with a depth of 2. If you have customized your trust setting and want to see what your score looks like under the default settings, just go to a page with a post of yours in a section that displays the trust scores. Then after the url just add ;dt. If the tag doesn't show up on default trust, I wouldn't be too concerned about it, although these false tags may be more of a concern if there is a big move for people to start to customize their trust lists. For example, on my untrusted feedback I have someone accusing me of spreading a fictitious disease to newbies.  Cheesy
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 05:58:37 AM

First thing you need to do - stop worrying about ludicrous retaliatory feedback. It's unavoidable but it has no effect on you and you shouldn't waste time appealing it. Trust is not moderated. You will not get it removed unless the sender agrees to do that (in rare cases extreme trust spam may be removed but don't count on that).

Second, ban evasion is a violation of forum rules so should be reported to moderators. There is no need for red trust for rule violations except perhaps in rare cases, for example someone is spreading malware while moderators are asleep - you might want to put a warning on user's account until they get banned.

I'm not certain your entire approach is a good one. Don't make it into a "job" or a "hobby". Post trust ratings only when they're warranted and take your time to research the issues.
CryptopreneurBrainboss (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4153

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2019, 07:00:51 AM

Second, ban evasion is a violation of forum rules so should be reported to moderators. There is no need for red trust for rule violations

Thanks for the correction, I was mislead by the feedbacks I saw on some accounts, they affected my judgement.

The best way to handle it is to appeal the red trust with the person who wrote it. 

Thanks, since this isn't moderated let me not bite more than I can chew. I'll just update my custom trust list for the main time and clear my previous negative feedback believing they weren't necessary, leaving the neg feedbacks for the professionals to handle Grin
🔐

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀