Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:13:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gambling Addiction Stories and Possible Solutions  (Read 1442 times)
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 08:28:33 AM

I am addicted, but not in gambling, I am addicted watching series on Youtube before but I agree that it can also be applied when we are addicted in gambling, it is also the same when we get addicted, we are losing time with our daily routine with our lives.
There are big advantages of getting addicted to some other thing except gambling because you will not be spending/losing big amount of money with other addictions unlike gambling. Addictions may happen with anything which are making us to stick with them. But, I believe things which are not injurious to our health and wealth, those addictions would not be considered as dangerous as how we are dealing against gambling addictions. Still, if you consider time is money then all type of addictions are coming into same category.
Not all the addictions were dangerous but it can destroy the regular life of the person even if it not related with monay,time is most valuable thing than any other in this world because once its lost and its lost forever but mosst of the people keep wasting their life time in the modern world because of technology gorwth like mobile phones and electronic devices.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 09:47:09 AM

mosst of the people keep wasting their life time in the modern world because of technology gorwth like mobile phones and electronic devices.
Gadgets and all of the electronic equipments do not intent to harm us, they're invented to give comfort to humans of course. If you think that all technological advancements we had right now harms you then it's your fault already not the technology itself. It is either you misuse them or overuse them.

Looking fot life breakthroughs is a part of being humans, we are naturally curious and seek for what is the best and we can't do anything about it but to embrace. Even how hard or how fast we change, it doesn't matter, as long as you knew the difference between good and bad and you are self-discipline then I assure you that your lifetime was properly spent.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 02:29:04 PM

mosst of the people keep wasting their life time in the modern world because of technology gorwth like mobile phones and electronic devices.
Gadgets and all of the electronic equipments do not intent to harm us, they're invented to give comfort to humans of course. If you think that all technological advancements we had right now harms you then it's your fault already not the technology itself. It is either you misuse them or overuse them.

Looking fot life breakthroughs is a part of being humans, we are naturally curious and seek for what is the best and we can't do anything about it but to embrace. Even how hard or how fast we change, it doesn't matter, as long as you knew the difference between good and bad and you are self-discipline then I assure you that your lifetime was properly spent.
Literally all the technologies were invented for the reason to maake the man's life more convenient which make people to be lazier and lazier which is not harm to us? If you watch the life span of old people with current generation pwople we are much lesser life time living which is the reason because of technology development.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 03:42:13 PM

Literally all the technologies were invented for the reason to maake the man's life more convenient which make people to be lazier and lazier which is not harm to us? If you watch the life span of old people with current generation pwople we are much lesser life time living which is the reason because of technology development.
Basically, Technology made things to be accomplished fast resulting to people being lazier. It's a fact, and it's happening to my family's life also. I want to know how I would deal with these particular type of things and as people see that it's hard to change, especially when one has it as a part of their everyday life routine.

I'm not sure how accurate the lives of the past generations that they lived until hundreds but I don't think that technology has something to do with health (for the current elder people), probably with food.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 09:24:59 AM

Basically, Technology made things to be accomplished fast resulting to people being lazier. It's a fact, and it's happening to my family's life also. I want to know how I would deal with these particular type of things and as people see that it's hard to change, especially when one has it as a part of their everyday life routine.

I'm not sure how accurate the lives of the past generations that they lived until hundreds but I don't think that technology has something to do with health (for the current elder people), probably with food.
Well said, technology doesn't have any role to do with providing of food. As in the quote technology is the one that makes people lazier, at the same time it is the one that makes everything accessible to the growing population. Generations ago people lived without depending on technology, but right now the same isn't possible as the population at that period and the present has got a big difference.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 10:10:39 AM

Getting addicted with gambling is really hard but the best solution for that problem is to help ourselves with that addiction, no one can control us except ourselves, we must accept that once we are addicted, we must claim it that we are already addicted because sometimes people doesn't want to tell themselves that they are already addicted so that, they don't make any solutions on that problem. Let's face the reality.
Well thats one good move for realization since most of the person that got in addiction can hardly accept that they are,instead they pretent to be controllable though the truth is they are not,because if we can accept being under addiction specially with our family and love one then they can help us out  by sorting what would be the best solutions
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2019, 11:17:36 AM

~snip
Well said, technology doesn't have any role to do with providing of food. As in the quote technology is the one that makes people lazier, at the same time it is the one that makes everything accessible to the growing population. Generations ago people lived without depending on technology, but right now the same isn't possible as the population at that period and the present has got a big difference.
That's not what I meant with my previous post, but I will agree on with what you are saying. But with technology, it made life more comfortable and efficient with the production of food. There is a big difference between the present and the past. I notice everyone who I ride in a public utility vehicle just on their phones, and I'm also guilty. I'm not sure how it could be solved, but it would be hard because people are dependent.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JohnBitCo

Activity: 2030
Merit: 356

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 05:22:32 PM

Getting addicted with gambling is really hard but the best solution for that problem is to help ourselves with that addiction, no one can control us except ourselves, we must accept that once we are addicted, we must claim it that we are already addicted because sometimes people doesn't want to tell themselves that they are already addicted so that, they don't make any solutions on that problem. Let's face the reality.

Its your inner feeling and strength on how you feel about the gambling addiction. In case you made up your mind that you are addicted and you heard examples that those wo are addicted to gambling can never ever recover their loss. This makes to stubborn and even if you have ability to quit gambling , you will not only because of negative thoughts all around.
Golftech

Activity: 2114
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 24, 2019, 05:29:24 PM

Its your inner feeling and strength on how you feel about the gambling addiction. In case you made up your mind that you are addicted and you heard examples that those wo are addicted to gambling can never ever recover their loss. This makes to stubborn and even if you have ability to quit gambling , you will not only because of negative thoughts all around.
Self realization can help you, there's a lots of stories around and people who able to cope up with addiction never being bothered to look back, they knew that if they tried it again possibilities that getting engaged is really stronger, helping yourself by avoiding things that might bring you back to this problem will helps a lot to maintain your discipline though its hard to control yourself but you must do it in order to completely free with your addictions.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀         ▀▀████
█████████▀              ▀██
█████████   ▐████████▌   ██
███▀▀             ███▌   ██
██▀               ███▌   ██
██   ▐███████████████▌   ██
██   ▐███               ▄██
██   ▐███            ▄▄████
██   ▐████████▌   █████████
██▄              ▄█████████
███▄▄         ▄▄███████████
.crosswise.
..........Next Gen Cross-Chain DEX..........
|   TELEGRAM   |    TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |     MEDIUM     |  INSTAGRAM  |
...SIGN IN...
iMark

Activity: 1162

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 01:32:48 AM

I am addicted, but not in gambling, I am addicted watching series on Youtube before but I agree that it can also be applied when we are addicted in gambling, it is also the same when we get addicted, we are losing time with our daily routine with our lives.
There are big advantages of getting addicted to some other thing except gambling because you will not be spending/losing big amount of money with other addictions unlike gambling. Addictions may happen with anything which are making us to stick with them. But, I believe things which are not injurious to our health and wealth, those addictions would not be considered as dangerous as how we are dealing against gambling addictions. Still, if you consider time is money then all type of addictions are coming into same category.
Not all the addictions were dangerous but it can destroy the regular life of the person even if it not related with monay,time is most valuable thing than any other in this world because once its lost and its lost forever but mosst of the people keep wasting their life time in the modern world because of technology gorwth like mobile phones and electronic devices.
Just like gambling addicts, they will lose their time playing gambles all day. of course it's not a good thing, time is something valuable.
not good if you spend it only on gambling or just watching youtube. there are a lot of important things you have to do
Distinctin

Activity: 2786
Merit: 645

No dream is too big and no dreamer is too small

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 02:09:00 AM

Is just hard to escape from being addicted if no one would give an advice to that person personally, not he/she can realize it for now.  Many people fall into addiction cause they want to and they let their mind covered, and they never give it chances to open for.
We bring our own life and so,  we only be the one that can stop from addiction.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 07:43:36 AM

Such a case of chronic addiction. He probably is a wealthy gamblers who had nothing better spend his money on. I wonder how people like that would handle the situation if they end up not winning.
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 07:51:17 AM

Such a case of chronic addiction. He probably is a wealthy gamblers who had nothing better spend his money on. I wonder how people like that would handle the situation if they end up not winning.
That’s probably the most closest thing we can say but we cannot verify. If he really is just having some fun with his money, might as well give it. Well, maybe he deserves it but who knows if he can handle losing. Maybe he is still staying there just because he is continually losing? I think even addicts has some stop mechanism for a time before continuing their addictions. I don’t know.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
maydna

Activity: 2898
Merit: 556

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 08:50:14 AM

I think if someone is addicted to gambling, other people will know because that person will only spend his time playing gambling. And that person will tell him to stop from gambling, and if that person really cares with him, then he will help him to find a solution. So it will need a big effort from him to do many things to prevent or stop his habit of playing gambling while he can search the other activity to prevent his mind from thinking about gambling.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 12:49:56 PM

Its hard for them to accept that but for sure if they are strong enough they can handle that well and over a year they will be better. This is a story that we should learn also, don’t just make comments because you can also apply this on your gambling activities.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 02:36:03 PM

Addiction in gambling is very difficult to remove unless if you have another addiction such playing basket ball or online games which can help you easily to forget those things. But it's just a temporary in my opinion because once your mind became free you will thingking of it every time ,  keep your mind as well to alway ignore it and read some books instead to relax your mind set. Or take awalk out side in your house and fell the fresh air of our nature.  Lol
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 04:35:20 PM

Addiction in gambling is very difficult to remove unless if you have another addiction such playing basket ball or online games which can help you easily to forget those things. But it's just a temporary in my opinion because once your mind became free you will thingking of it every time ,  keep your mind as well to alway ignore it and read some books instead to relax your mind set. Or take awalk out side in your house and fell the fresh air of our nature.  Lol
People used to call the gambling psychological phenomenon. Many people involved gamble without giving it much thought, most people consistently lose their thinking ability incases survive in a long run. Busy in real life business could be turning point.
I have friends and he is an online gambler and an online game addict and billiard athlete, and what you reveal is very far from his life. Even if he plays online games then everything will be made as a bet then when he plays with his hobby of playing billiards, he will make it his hobby as a tool to gamble. I think every gambler will make the hobby he has as material for gambling and he will use his capability and be used as a skill to get gambling.
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 05:03:58 PM

Actually those who are not addicted to gambling, feel the person who plays gambling often is addicted to it but this may not be the case. Some people are very moody and playing gambling is their hobby. So if a person performs same task again and again, we should not be so mean to call them addicted.
Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 05:14:56 PM

I don't consider it an addiction unless it severely affects the person's health.  Look at howmany people drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, that is much worse than gambling.  Gambling you are only going to lose money but its not like you are going to do severe damage to your body like the latter.
crwth (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 05:19:55 PM
Merited by Natalim (2)

I think if someone is addicted to gambling, other people will know because that person will only spend his time playing gambling. And that person will tell him to stop from gambling, and if that person really cares with him, then he will help him to find a solution. So it will need a big effort from him to do many things to prevent or stop his habit of playing gambling while he can search the other activity to prevent his mind from thinking about gambling.
I'm not sure how you would know how a person spends his time unless he/she updates you on what he is doing or you are really close. I think those who are considered family would be the ones to help and care for him. They are the ones who would go the lengths to help the addict. It wouldn't be easy but still, it counts.

Addiction in gambling is very difficult to remove unless if you have another addiction such playing basket ball or online games which can help you easily to forget those things. But it's just a temporary in my opinion because once your mind became free you will thingking of it every time ,  keep your mind as well to alway ignore it and read some books instead to relax your mind set. Or take awalk out side in your house and fell the fresh air of our nature.  Lol
I think a person wouldn't be capable of being an addict with two things, it would either be one and that's it. It's like defeating its purpose because a person cannot spend it both or something. Maybe you meant by replacing the first addiction and making a second one. That wouldn't help, wouldn't it?

I don't consider it an addiction unless it severely affects the person's health.  Look at howmany people drink alcohol and smoke cigarettes, that is much worse than gambling.  Gambling you are only going to lose money but its not like you are going to do severe damage to your body like the latter.
You got the point with that because when someone ignores their health, it's not a good sign. I agree with how people are addicted to different kinds of vices. What I don't like about smoking is that it even affects other people that surround them. It's not a good thing.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██