Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:43:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to avoid Dump after listing  (Read 53602 times)
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 11:58:18 PM

There are certain things one cannot avoid, no matter how we try. Although, there might be exceptions to dump on coins at the initial listing.
Some coin might be able to sustain their price and keep growing, but it will definitely get to a point, where there will be retrace.
The only thing that is of concern to me about some coins is that, when they dump, you may never see them increase to the ATH again.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ishirut009

Activity: 616
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 12:59:46 AM

At the time of the listing after the end of ICO, the price often dumps. Why does it happen?
I think the reason is there is no buyer because of no demand for tokens since the ecosystem is not completed after the ICO.
It may be difficult because lack of funds, but I think the team should release a product like Dapps while running ICO to make token demand.
How do you think about it?

i think, if a project really got a real usecase, even if it drops, the price will rise again. More over if the investors are seeing a massive potential about a project and if the team is very active. True value will stand against time and volatility in the long term.

UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:14:41 AM

My 2c worth is that many projects will dump after listing due to the limited awareness of potential new investors. Often the only people that know about the project are those that have followed or taken part in the ICO. Therefore at launch they will be the only people trying to buy or sell the coin. To avoid a dump in price you need new investors waiting to join, its simple supply and demand in action.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
ansarose1

Activity: 784
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:17:47 AM

I think it goes as the way it is. After ico, its been assumed that token price would decrease, theres no such thing if you invest to buy a token then it would increase after ico, perhaps its price goes down.
billy.ryoko

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:19:46 AM

I think you hard to avoid their dump after the listing, this is the many time I have invested in the ICO, and I want to hold it for the long term profit, but if you not dump it first, you sure will lost the money, so I would not like to invest the ICO now,

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:20:06 AM

First of all, it is necessary to choose a good exchange, and also to pay tokens to bountyhunters gradually, and not all at once and in one day, so you can avoid a sharp price drop, some of the campaigns use this method.
I don't think the dump of a token comes from Bounty hunters. How can a bounty program allocation of 1% to 2% of the entire tokens generated dump the entire coin on the market. There is a clear indication that the huge dump which cause a blow to the coin and project comes from the investors and team who hold the largest percentage of the entire coins.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 01:20:33 AM

That's because the bounty hunter immediately sells their tokens after getting their tokens. the solution is, pay them with USD, so it doesn't affect the tokens in the market if everyone dumps the token.
karagun125

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 01:21:05 AM

After ico, if there are investors and bounty hunters that tries to sell or trade their tokens the price always takes down. Price would decrease because of there are someone who intends to sell even after the ico and listed on an exchange.
restuibu

Activity: 994
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:23:07 AM

actually the occurrence of dumps cannot be stopped and avoided because it will certainly occur in all projects but to minimize the occurrence of dumps possible by locking tokens for 5 months for bounty hunters or until product development is complete

Sephire

Activity: 700
Merit: 136

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:25:18 AM

This is mostly unavoidable and has become a self-fulfilling prophecy since everyone expects it and tries to sell soon after receiving bounty coins worsening the dump.
CAPT.DEADPOOL

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

PHORE

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:14:26 AM

We know that the most dumpers are the bounty hunter especially if a bounty is done with ico and the pure question bounty hunter in the bounty grouo is the distribution and what the exchanger listed the coin and how much the price and others are selling and acquiring their coin and this is their only question in the bounty group and sometimes the bounty manager is bothered by the bounty hunter's repeated bounty questions sometimes the bounty hunter of the exchanger's price due to the amount of their coin being transmitted to the bounty.

Shadovka

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:26:19 AM

At the time of the listing after the end of ICO, the price often dumps. Why does it happen?
I think the reason is there is no buyer because of no demand for tokens since the ecosystem is not completed after the ICO.
It may be difficult because lack of funds, but I think the team should release a product like Dapps while running ICO to make token demand.

Like what you say no demand is one of the factor if the project being launch is not up to par or competent enough, they team should incorporate things like locking of token to prevent dumping.

xabre

Activity: 580
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:30:20 AM

Buy back by owner and ICO team is the best solution how to make price is always on higher after listing at exchange market, many ICO never have resposibility after listing at exchange market and price dump without trying to make price back to higher, we always need an ICO team or owner could manage for their asset is never drop and low after listing at exchange market and have higher price at the future.
boyz97

Activity: 658
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 03:15:38 AM

Due to the current nature of the market, a dump is imminent, it's bound to happen. I think one thing that could be done is for the project managers to allow the tokens to dump far below the ICO price maybe 1/10th or even more than that, and thereafter they will gradually buy back from the market and lock the buyback of the team, then use some of the fund to trade to see how to grow the token so it doesn't look like a scam.
buyback token from market will make investors confidence and trust to developers team.they think this team serious trying give best effort to make their investors profits.and maybe another solution was buyback token from bounty allocation.this is win win solution for hunter, investors and also dev team.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
PlusOne88

Activity: 420

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 04:51:28 AM

Some based on my observation used airdrop with very small values which are spread unknowingly to some recipients. If the airdrop value is exchange to fiat, the recipient will only lose to mining fees which will not allow them to exchange it and thus holding for unlimited time occurs. I don't know how good this method is but this is what I have observed. On the other hand we should always note that the dumping cannot really be solved at a 100 percent level because there are so many varied variables to consider. These variables could range from various points like how the ICO has progressed, recent developments in the market for digital coins, current economy and so many other things. So it is really hard to control dumping of coins after ICO listing on exchanges.

gwaposakon

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 05:09:22 AM

I think dumping would occur no matter what. It is more to the team managing the project to create strategies so that hodlers will only dump their crypto gradually. Some projects unlock coins gradually so there would be majority hodlers selling his coins. Some create staking campaign so holders will continue to hodl their coins in exchange for rewards.
The Cryptologist

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 05:38:02 AM

I guess that  is the pain when ICO launches, there are no working product. All of them are just words that describes on how they will become after it gets developed and the investor like the sound of it like it will work like magic. Even if they lack funds, if any investor see the great potential in their product then they will get a lot of funding.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 06:43:44 AM

That's because the bounty hunter immediately sells their tokens after getting their tokens. the solution is, pay them with USD, so it doesn't affect the tokens in the market if everyone dumps the token.

No not all bounty hunters are selling after they recieve their tokens because a real bounty hunter will hodl his coins until he achieve the best possible value for his assets  .

the solution is, pay them with USD, so it doesn't affect the tokens in the market if everyone dumps the token.

This is a good solution but unfortunately not all will do this  . what do you think is the purpose of the ico's tokens if they will use other crypto as payment ?   But let say they will use eth or btc as payment , these coins will still be dumped and this is more worst because other coins will be affected   
Sri rahayu

Activity: 795
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 08:00:41 AM

~snip~
Prices will continue to decline if the development team leaves the project, but, when the developer takes action such as buying back, I think prices will rise again slowly and will even exceed the price of ico.

~snip
This makes sense too, because at the very least, if indeed they are running a real project, they must have initial capital before doing ico, and the role of investors is only to increase capital and not be used as the main capital to run the project. And investors must also be smart, they need to know the tokens they hold, whether useful in the future or not.
sorrros

Activity: 954
Merit: 104

ludenaprotocol.io

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 08:04:17 AM

If post-ICO is worthless and its progress is very weak then you can not be surprised to see the price fall when everyone is selling.

► LudenaProtocol ◄ ♦️ A Gamified Social Platform for Worldwide Gamers ♦️ ► LudenaProtocol ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Instagram|Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: