Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:44:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eth and EIP 1234  (Read 352 times)
deskless (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 03, 2019, 09:36:51 PM

This would hurt already borderline profit. As the average profile will reduce by a third how many people plan to shut down?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VasilyS

Activity: 618
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2019, 09:46:11 PM

There are a lot of other coins with similar profit. I'm going to switch to Ravencoin, Monero, XZCoin or something else if Ether will be unprofitable. But I think that its price will rise after successful Constantinople update and profit in fiat money will be the same.

❱  CRYPTOPROFI  ❱
kijuy

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2019, 12:54:44 AM

There are a lot of other coins with similar profit. I'm going to switch to Ravencoin, Monero, XZCoin or something else if Ether will be unprofitable. But I think that its price will rise after successful Constantinople update and profit in fiat money will be the same.

I doubt it will happen...
lulucorn

Activity: 12
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 03:58:34 AM

I doubt it will happen...

Yup.
Prices will remain the same or even go lower depending on BTC of course. Classic supply and demand theory only works on necessity or rare goods (food,water,clothing,shelter,jewelery etc). No one is using ETH for anything so why would anyone want ETH other than hodling. If less supply = higher price then may I present you with Bitconnectttttt.

I wonder who/what will be the next scapegoat that ETH bagholders will blame next.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
January 13, 2019, 08:55:53 AM

Yes this will hurt more miners even more since the price is still very low for ETH. This has been discussed since October 2018 however and most knew this was going to come. It was actually suppose to be activated in November 2018 but the testnet failed and the developers needed more time for testing, hence they moved it to the middle of January 2019.

Nobody knows what the price will be after the fork, but right now its borderline profitable so most likely more miners will be shutting off their rigs. Even mining others coins won't be profitable either since the difficulites of those coins will also increase.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 03:02:46 PM

Ethereum’s Constantinople Upgrade just not going to happen in the middle of january Smiley

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
VasilyS

Activity: 618
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 05:30:35 PM

In addition, from January 2019, a gradual increase in the time between the blocks in the Ethereum network will begin. According to estimates of the developers, by April 2019 it will be 30 seconds (twice as long as at the moment). In addition to reducing the reward for the blocks, halving their number per unit of time will further reduce the profit of the miners using the PoW algorithm.

❱  CRYPTOPROFI  ❱
deskless (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 06:31:51 PM

Do we know expected loss of profitability in terms of Eth after all these changes?
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 07:54:07 PM

Do we know expected loss of profitability in terms of Eth after all these changes?

minus/loss $0.20 per gpu per day

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&br_enabled=true&br=1.91&d_enabled=true&d=5.23146450554845e%2B15&p=130.0&fee=3.0&cost=0.1&hcost=180.0&commit=Calculate

Profitability has been negative anyway since you always pay for other things, never mine full 24/7 and many other problems happen.

for eth to be profitable again, it needs to rise 10 times its price right now, $700 minimum or 0.35 btc, which means eth has to increase 10 times x btc to be profitable.

https://whattomine.com/coins/151-eth-ethash?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=30.0&br_enabled=true&br=1.91&d_enabled=true&d=5.23146450554845e%2B15&p=130.0&fee=3.0&er_enabled=true&er=0.35000000&cost=0.1&hcost=180.0&commit=Calculate

market buyers and sellers know this and soon you will see a huge eth bullrun, nobody will know whathell happened hehe

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 10:36:45 PM

In addition, from January 2019, a gradual increase in the time between the blocks in the Ethereum network will begin. According to estimates of the developers, by April 2019 it will be 30 seconds (twice as long as at the moment). In addition to reducing the reward for the blocks, halving their number per unit of time will further reduce the profit of the miners using the PoW algorithm.

No this won't be an issue because most likely the postponed fork won't be until April 2019, most likely they will roll the update to next month February or maybe March 2019 as the latest.

The block times were a big issue in Nov 2017 because it took a while for the Byzantium fork to be rolled out, it took a while and lead to extremely long block times.

In the end the ETH dev team decided to reduce the issuance to 3 ETH per block instead of the original 5 ETH and make the block times back to normal (15 secs) for another 1.5 year or so. Most miners were happy because  their profits increase slightly and it reduced the network congestion which was massive at the time.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██