Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:34:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: **WARNING** New Nicehash Legacy  (Read 276 times)
gt_addict (OP)

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 10:18:55 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2019, 10:45:38 PM by gt_addict

Just as a heads up to everyone who is mining at home on a pc just to make a few bucks using nicehash.

I have been running there miner for a while and no issues at all. This evening i decided to see if they had any updates. Upon looking at their site I saw that they no longer updae their own miner but instead are focusing on the legacy varient which utilizes 3rd party mining software. So I duly downloaded it and added the various mining software to my antivirus exclusion list (as I have done many times with rigs with no problems). Then I proceeded to benchmark the gpus (which as most of you know is needed before you start to mine). Well it got to 4/76 and then my pc froze. Switched it off and on again and now it wont post. Cant even get into the bios with both gpus removed completely.

Just a warning to anyone considering using it. Im not saying its to blame but it is the only thing that I have changed on my pc for months and suddenly this has happened.

EDIT:-

After removing both gpus and clearing cmos I have finally managed to get into the bios and then run windoze in safe mode to remove nicehash legacy.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 11:13:19 PM

I had a similiar issue in the past with the Nicehash software. Basically I ran the benchmark option which runs all algos on the GPU to see which speeds you are able to achieve and then it selects the most profitable coin.

The issue is if you got modified memory straps and undervolted GPUs then one algo might work such as ETH but another such as XMR might not.

And I got a system hang and everything was messed up afterwards. Basically had to reinstall everything and never used the software since.

For now I just check on What-to-mine and just download the miners like Claymore directly.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
SpceGhst

Activity: 269
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 17, 2019, 11:25:55 PM

If I recall correctly, the Nicehash Legacy software only works on AMD with the blockchain drivers, which I haven’t used in almost a year now.  Unless Nicehash has updated the software...
gt_addict (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 12:43:14 AM

adaseb, thats exactly what happened. Thankfully ive managed to recover the pc with minimal issues, well one of my ssds isnt showing up but disk management sees it but cant format ir initialize it, even though it was working fine before.

SpceGhst, the bew legacy works with all manufacturers of gpus now. I think its basically them cutting corners abd focusing on the new OS they are developing.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

gt_addict (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 12:23:47 PM

Anyone got nh miner 2.0.3.0 download? Cant find mine and cant find it on the interwebs anywhere.

iRonNuke

Activity: 98
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 02:12:38 PM

Like adaseb said above. It's more than it benchmarking a lot of different algorithms and your GPUs are too heavy overclocked/underclocked on some. Best is to use like only a slightly overclock and run NiceHash benchmark, then it should be fine, if you havn't alter the memory strips on AMD cards too aggressive as well.

Seems strange that your GPUs dissapeared. Maybe it just hang? And requied a hard reboot (power off/on)?
gt_addict (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2019, 02:26:43 PM
Last edit: February 18, 2019, 06:36:00 PM by gt_addict

Like adaseb said above. It's more than it benchmarking a lot of different algorithms and your GPUs are too heavy overclocked/underclocked on some. Best is to use like only a slightly overclock and run NiceHash benchmark, then it should be fine, if you havn't alter the memory strips on AMD cards too aggressive as well.

Seems strange that your GPUs dissapeared. Maybe it just hang? And requied a hard reboot (power off/on)?

Its all back apart from the missing ssd now. Its showing up in disk management but with a bracket quite a few spaes back on the serial number. Ill try unplugging it and rebooting later then hook it up again.

EDIT:-

Swapped the Sata cable to a different port and all sorted. Now just got to try and get NH 2.0.3.0 back on and working. Keep getting a hanging white screen after querying Open GL  Roll Eyes

EDIT 2:-

Managed to use the old NH Miner I have and it auto updated to the latest version by itself, which was a result. Also figured out that the white screen was caused by having the Primary Display Output set to PCIE in the Bios. Changed that to onboard graphics and its working fine now.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: