Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:50:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can A Cryptopia Exchange Got Hacked Simple Like that ?  (Read 581 times)
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 09:43:00 AM

Do you Think Cryptopia Was hacked Or They are just Trying To  Run Away with peoples money  !!

I think it's difficult for exchange to be hacked. We have a lot of exchanges at the moment but there are very few exchanges that are hacked. And of course I guess that is not random, maybe their staff has done this
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 09:53:23 AM

This has happened a lot with small exchange in the past, I think it's possible. But if it was me, I would choose to pay the user back, upgrade my platform. And from that benefit from trade trade from users offset the amount of hacked money
kramchers

Activity: 854
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 09:58:24 AM

Do you Think Cryptopia Was hacked Or They are just Trying To  Run Away with peoples money  !!

If they will run the money of the users then they will be caught easily.
The wallet in exchange are marked and once the tokens there and coin are move out again they will be the one who are doing it.
As the website now is closed and the exchange is not working now.
thaliaand

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:16:22 AM

Questions that are difficult to answer. It might be hacked. However, why do they have to run away with people's money? Before this incident, were there any reasons or indications that the exchange suffered a loss and did this ? This incident has been reported and being investigated by the authorities, so let's wait the result.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:26:07 AM

No one can tell the truth. It seems a hack to me because cryptopia was a fast growing cryptocurrency. It could flourish a lot. It would be better to stay than tun out. Anyway, let the investigation start properly and find out who is the culprit.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:54:40 AM

Until the result of the investigation is not revealed we cannot con-firmly tell that whether they wantedly doing so that they can go with users coins or really hacking happened. Till then we can only guess and comment on the situation. It can also be that due to lot of new exchanges are coming and cryptopia is loosing the market and are in loss so for this also it can be insider job. So that they can show that their exchange is also big one that it can get hacked.

In today market hacking means the exchange has got lot of investments and users trading, so that it can get popular and then they will refund the users their coin like this they show reputation and gain market share and more users will try to join the exchange and revenue of the exchange will increase. This way the exchange advertisement can also be done.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:56:18 AM

Whatever the real happening there, hackings do oftenly happen if there's a big money involved.

These hackers have been there since the early days of crypto and they don't have any other thing to do but to steal the funds of exchanges. On the other hand, these incidents can also be taken advantage of the victim and they just can reason it out if they are playing dirty. But let the result of the investigation come out, wait for it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
bdc2343

Activity: 296

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 12:06:10 PM

it is a doubt that an exchange with a high end security will be hacked like simple as that. the factor of inside job has a great possibility, though it is a right of the customer to file case on a platform that promise to protect your investments.

I also think that it may be possible, but if I believe it is just new, unknown people and it is very likely that they have committed something from the scams and flying money, maybe  Roll Eyes

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
mcTether

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 12:14:18 PM

Do you Think Cryptopia Was hacked Or They are just Trying To  Run Away with peoples money  !!

I think the exchange was probably hacked. But does it now mean that they will not return people's funds in their care? If they actually wanted to run, they could have just shutdown and disappear like Octaex.
michellee

Activity: 2814
Merit: 843

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 02:45:15 PM

Besides that, we don't know how good cryptopia to handle their security from attack from the outside. And I don't think they will reveal what's going on with their site and maybe they will explain the simple explanation to their members. It is why that every exchange need to check their security by doing a routine checking so they can find a bug and they can fix it before the bad things happen. I hope that the other exchange doesn't get the same things as cryptopia.

Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 05:41:04 PM

Hacking an exchange still seems to be one of crypto's biggest problems. Always a pity to see people lose their coins there. I am curious how it continues with cryptopia. Hopefully, at least people will get their coins back, which were not stolen by the hack.
motun01

Activity: 431
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:06:54 PM

Exchanges will always remain an easy target for hackers because of the high rate of transactions going on and also because of the  millions of dollars worth of  cryptocurrencies they have in holding.
Exchange hacks are not easy nor cheap but a person with the required expertise and funds can attack exchanges and any security lapses can be very costly

Cianix

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:18:42 PM

It is difficult to say whether the team is involved in this or not , but I think the team is not very profitable to close their project , as this exchange could bring constant funds and it is extremely profitable than to take all the money at once.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 06:23:51 PM

Unfortunately you can hack everything related to electronics, it all depends on the level of knowledge and the level of technology hackers. Even cryptocurrency can be hacked with a sufficient technological level, which is now hardly available to anyone. However, we cannot know all the details.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2019, 06:54:51 PM

Anything can happen in digital world even the constantinople update was not spared with bug in one of the five updates. Exchanges are high risk being targeted by hackers because of massive coins and tokens stored in a single hot wallet. Hackers are smart and they are developers too and they know how to comprised a system. That's why don't leave your coins or tokens in an exchange even if they claim they are safe. Stored your digital assets in offline wallet as they have the smallest chance of getting hacked.
valek.bruno

Activity: 728
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:09:40 PM

Well, today we understand what is generally possible, and after they are hacked, we understand that there is an intent that cryptocurrency exchanges themselves can turn today, say that they have been hacked, and so on. You understand that all this is not just.
jacafbiz

Activity: 2100
Merit: 530

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 07:17:01 PM

Hack attimes is funny, because some are caused inside job and some are caused by overlooking small vulnerabilities which hackers can exploit, I think it is a hack, looking that the hacker(s) move the funds directly to another exchange to sell speak is something, I don't think Cryptopia team would be that daft to make such costly error

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
kliown

Activity: 1080
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:15:49 PM

I think this hack may have been specially organized as the market is still being pushed down. In any case, this is quite sad, as many have lost their money and this once again shows the vulnerability of the cryptocurrency.
brotherwood12

Activity: 686
Merit: 30

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:27:41 PM

much exchange was hacked , and cryptopia till rightnow (19/01/19) still on maintenance , no news and everything , what we can do is waiting and get the news from it and get the conclusion if they hacked / run out the money
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 10:57:01 PM

Cryptopia didn't take steps to improve the security and got hacked. today exchanges must take serious actions to protect themselves.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: