Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:52:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm NOT Buying Ethereum...  (Read 20661 times)
Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 03:04:03 AM

Everyone has to decide for themselves whether or not they invest in ethereum. Whoever does the right thing at the end, will show up over time. I still trust in ethereum and am satisfied with my investment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 03:11:36 AM

I think that Ethereum should be considered only in the long term. Too much has happened and it will take time for the situation to improve. But don't write it off. He will still be able to compete for his place in the market.
Not just with ETH but there's a lot of top coins who are suffering right now. It just happen that XRP is being manipulated and ETH was not. I believe of this coin not because I'm a hodler but because I have my trust with ETH and I know it will rise. We cannot force everyone to buy ETH, and you should not listen because investing is not about that.
maculeth

Activity: 714
Merit: 11

BountyMarketCap

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2019, 04:39:21 PM

I decided not to buy etherium because the developers have failed to checkmate, evaluate and verify the authenticity and veracity of the project managers using its blockchain to run various ICO.This has resulted in high instability on the future and price of etherium.In order words,there is also tendency that some genuine project managers using etherium blockchain might build their own blockchain, and once this happen ,the liquidity of etherium will be distorted.
However, I observed that etherium developers have not shown the total supply of etherium, and this is one the reasons I decided not to buy etherium because not showing the total supply of etherium means more coins could be created,and this is not a welcome development for long term investors.
there may also be truth from your statement, that indeed etherum has not shown its total supply so that the possibility of etherum is not limited and makes its value difficult to grow even higher in the future, and indeed investors will doubt it.

●   KEEP CALM & HODL   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  KCH  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 04:47:00 PM

Ethereum has been a project I've learned from the first day I've learned so far, but I've never invested in this project because it has several cons. In particular Vitalik is a problem in itself that is not the only negative thing that is present for me. I have never invested in the project for various reasons, such as the lack of deficiencies and mistakes, and most importantly, the fact that the project is far behind many alternatives.
letyouearn
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 05:23:21 PM

Intro:

Back in 2017 it looked as if Ethereum was on its rise to becoming a dominant crypto in this sector, then the crash happened...After the big crash the entire crypto market took a hit, but Ethereum seemed to take the biggest hit out of any top 10 coin in the market. Ethereum was eventually "gapped" by XRP. Recently Ethereum has been fighting back to reach 2nd place in the cryptoverse, but here's why I think this will prove to be ineffective.

Ethereum:

The biggest problem with Ethereum is ICO's. ICO's are becoming a thing of the past and STO's are starting to takeover. This could save Ethereum from plummeting further, but the issues is with the fact STO's won't be as big of a craze as ICO's were. STO's require REAL results, while ICO's were just ideas and white papers. STO's require REAL investors with a BIG net worth, while (most) ICO's allowed anyone to invest. The main issue is that not many people will be able to buy into these STO's. There also won't be as many of them as ICO's. I think STO's could actually be successful and potentially great for this community, but their impact on the ETH price won't be near as great as ICO's were.

Where We Are Today:

There are still tons of quality projects out there that have the potential for big rises. Bitcoin is the leader in this market and one can assume will always have some type of value regardless of fundamental uses. Nauticus has been generating a lot of buzz recently with their launch and there's potential for their NTS token to do well within this community. Certain STO's are making great strides in the market and appear to be legitimate projects that should further legitimize this community. WEAK PLAYERS are bailing on crypto & this is GREAT. We want all of the scammers OUT of this community, so that quality projects can soak up the money that is left behind.

Projects mentioned:

Bitcoin - (self explanatory)

Nauticus - https://nauticus.exchange/

Ethereum - (self explanatory)

STO's - https://www.listico.io/sto/list

Disclosure:

Do your own research...be smart with your money  Grin

I think we can easily see some huge ethereum pump when the new wave of growth comes. And even some ICO market revival will happen at that time. So, ether  has some future potential in my opinion.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
..CPLAY - IDO.████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L 
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
NeuroticFish
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 6321

Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 05:35:15 PM

Ethereum has been a project I've learned from the first day I've learned so far, but I've never invested in this project because it has several cons. In particular Vitalik is a problem in itself that is not the only negative thing that is present for me. I have never invested in the project for various reasons, such as the lack of deficiencies and mistakes, and most importantly, the fact that the project is far behind many alternatives.

Ethereum was a GREAT idea, but not-so-great implementation.

Many voices have risen concerns about the code quality.
Then there were hacks, not necessarily in Ethereum, still, maybe a better design could have avoided that (I'm not certain though, since it's impossible to have flexibility and stability/safety well together).
Then there were the bad politics that have split ETH and ETC.

I still wait for the better competitor to rise, still, they are way behind...

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Sova_tmb

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 05:50:30 PM

I think that Ethereum should be considered only in the long term. Too much has happened and it will take time for the situation to improve. But don't write it off. He will still be able to compete for his place in the market.
Not just with ETH but there's a lot of top coins who are suffering right now. It just happen that XRP is being manipulated and ETH was not. I believe of this coin not because I'm a hodler but because I have my trust with ETH and I know it will rise. We cannot force everyone to buy ETH, and you should not listen because investing is not about that.
I think too , eth its very useful project with great potencial in future , also depending prom market conditions. Moreover soon planned updates.
bolshojkush

Activity: 784
Merit: 256

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 05:56:26 PM

An interesting opinion about Ethereum, I didn't even think about it. Perhaps we really will not see the price of ether at $ 1200 anymore, because the ICO time is definitely coming to an end. At least the crypto-currency community almost does not believe in them, Buterin was right that ICOS live out their last days.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

ovcijisir

Activity: 1488
Merit: 320

🐪 https://freebitco.in/?r=38535612

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2019, 06:11:03 PM

An interesting opinion about Ethereum, I didn't even think about it. Perhaps we really will not see the price of ether at $ 1200 anymore, because the ICO time is definitely coming to an end. At least the crypto-currency community almost does not believe in them, Buterin was right that ICOS live out their last days.

I don't think ICO's live their last days, because quality projects will always find investors...

Low quality projects and scams will surely not be funded as they were last year when investors just poured their money on every project that had whitepaper.

Patrix_1

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2019, 06:20:59 PM

I think Ether is the most undervalued coin on the market and I am sure this coin will be pumped before the end of February because of their big announcement if it won't get postponed by devs again.
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 08:44:53 PM

Ethereum price collapsed suddenly but it is recovering gradually with the uptrend! I don't know why people blame Ethereum only. Even Bitcoin's price has collapsed! in 2017, BTC price hit almost 20K USD and we are now in February of 2019 and the BTC price is only 4K USD! Because the total crypto market goes down or collapsed significantly. Ethereum network has one of the revolutionary contract system, which is a blessing for the crypto world. That's why new projects are choosing ETH platform to open their own project.
What about NEO, Steller platform? many ICOs launched on those platforms too and many were a scam or failed, but people never blamed them. However, this year can be a good year for STO projects but if the crypto market grows and make a stable market cap then ICO market will rise again.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
Gryphet

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 09:40:11 PM

Of course now it is better to be generally out of the market, as most of the coins fall and will still fall and Ethereum is no exception , but I think part of the funds can still be invested in this coin it is fundamental in the market and keep it I think for sure

(❪  B I T E N N Y  ❫)   Simplify your future
http://bitenny.io/
Cyptobonds1

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2019, 09:43:49 PM

The problem is that there must be always people like you in every situation of life just to make it look tough but nothing special about it than nothing, why you stating the reason you think buying eth isn't right for you than convincing who is willing to, and you are called that a research which means you never want it rise. You need the positive thoughts and keep negative to yourself most times, just feel like it good for you.

▼ AQUEST - COMPLETE A QUEST & GET PAID
Get -30% BONUS Only Until 21 February 2019 | www.aquest.io
frost_wind

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2019, 09:49:34 PM

Perhaps from the point of view of a long-term investor, ethereum is not the most interesting object for investment, because the larger the capitalization of a project, the harder it to grow. But considering how intensely it was squeezed down last year and what volumes of purchases whales made at prices lesser than $ 100, I think that the eth has a very good potential for growth

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 09:52:42 PM

The problem is that there must be always people like you in every situation of life just to make it look tough but nothing special about it than nothing, why you stating the reason you think buying eth isn't right for you than convincing who is willing to, and you are called that a research which means you never want it rise. You need the positive thoughts and keep negative to yourself most times, just feel like it good for you.
Why should someone hold his negative opinion to himself? So only sharing positive news are welcome and this will cause more problems if noone criticizes project for getting more development by team.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 10:12:09 PM

The future, still seems positive for ETH, the growth rate since the year 2019 began has been stable and worth invest on, also the forth coming hardfork will have a positive impact on the demand for ETH use, thou ICO  investment has a negative impact on the ETH, Iam optimistic that when the bull run commence ETH will become stable and rise in value.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 10:39:15 PM

Everything crashed mate if you look into it there is a small difference from bitcoin based on percentage bitcoin price now is $3900 which is down 80% from its ATH(All time High) and Ethereum is -90.01% down from its ath only a 10% difference. Those scam ico's is not the fault of ethereum it is like open source ready made blockchain everyone can create their own token easily. Our task is to be cautious, don't enter suspicious ico's do your research about the team if its real. But with the market state right looks like everyone is afraid to invest even some ico's is not starting they are waiting for green market.
Starfranko

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 10:48:18 PM

Do you own research . That is exactly my sentiments, that should help a lot with whatever decision you are making
lutfi-hasan

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 11:19:18 PM

I think Ether is the most undervalued coin on the market and I am sure this coin will be pumped before the end of February because of their big announcement if it won't get postponed by devs again.
Yes, so far the price of Ethereum always rises when there will be a big event, Hardfork, and now is a good opportunity to invest in Ehereum coins, because I'm sure the price will rise before the hardfork arrives.
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 20, 2019, 01:06:07 AM

Ethereum has been unfairly portrayed as the scape goat in the controversy over illegitimate crowdsales and scams for not having done anything to censor or restrict them on its platform but that shouldn't reflect badly on the technology itself, which is designed to be transparent and versatile enough for a much broader range of uses, and it will soon expand to include enterprise and government solutions so there's lots of potential as a long term investment if it can maintain its market prominence

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: