Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:37:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Constantinople Hard fork to be delayed  (Read 710 times)
AgentZero23

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 07:32:28 PM

The delayed and the announcement was handled in a mature way and I applaud the Ethereum team for that. It's good to delay the update and fix the bug first and kudos to the team of developers who managed to saw the bug before the constantinople went live. I read somewhere the constantinople will be implemented this Friday.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bartusv

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 09:48:15 PM

This isn`t a flaw in the ETH coin, it`s a potential smart contract flow. Ethereum team decided to push back the release
in light of security issues. This was the only rational  decision they could do.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄
▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌ (https://dago-mining.com)
Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 10:36:44 PM

This delay has can bring about denial and that can cause the price of ETH to plummet more.
This has even reflect in the downtrend that has just been experienced.
I am just trying to see if the price will be sustained at the present stage it is. Well, if it plunges, it will be an opportunity for me to buy  more.

I was not expecting this to happen. Since they knew they were not ready, they should not have even announced.
BigBrother

Activity: 439

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:37:57 PM

Strange of course why they decided to move the fork at the last moment. But let's see what happens next. So far, I have not seen any significant changes in the price of Ethereum and I think that it will be able to withstand this. In any case, I will continue to believe in him.

triangles

Activity: 566
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 11:42:05 PM

it is better to postpone the problem if indeed what is said is true the potential loss that will be caused by hackers will definitely reach hundreds of millions of dollars, hopefully after they do the update there are no vulnerable in ethereum
michellee

Activity: 2758
Merit: 840

Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:12:15 AM

Delay again? Arrggghhh, I don't know what will happen in a few days later, if this makes some traders get mad, they will dump ethereum too deep. But I am sure that more people want to hold the price to not getting the drop. But who knows what will happen in the market later. And now, I see ethereum is going to go down again after yesterday can get strong for a while.

..BITWINUP..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████░░██░░████████▄
██████░░░░░░░░░▀████████
█████████░░████▄░░████████
▐█████████░░████▀░░████████▌
▐█████████░░░░░░░░░░▀██████▌
▐█████████░░███████░░██████▌
███████▀▀░░▀▀▀▀▀▀░░▄██████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░▄▄▄███████
▀██████▄▄██▄▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
UP OR DOWN?
.BITCOIN. PVP PREDECTION GAME

VS
▄███████████████████████▄
██                     ██
██  █████████████████  ██
██  ▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀  ██
█▀  ▄███████████████▄  ▀█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██  ▄▄▄▄▄ ███ ███ ▄▄▄▄▄  ██
██  █████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████  ██
██  ███████▄▄▄▄▄███████  ██
██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ██
███████████████████████████
MONTHLY
JACKPOT
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████▀▀██████████████▄
▄███▀░░▄▄░░▀▀███████████▄
▄███░░▄█████▄░████████████▄
████░░▀██████▀▀░░░░░▀██████
█████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄▄████▄░░█████
▀███████▄▄▄██░▀█████░░████▀
▀███████████▄░░▀▀▀░░▄███▀
▀█████████████▄▄▄█████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.Play to earn Crypto.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:16:11 AM

Yes i am also ask the same question, if they know about problem and know what she cant fix it to the 16th, why they anounce postpone in the last moment?
Its move my mind to the meaning what update not complete and maybe never cant be implemented

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 09:19:38 AM

it is better to postpone the problem if indeed what is said is true the potential loss that will be caused by hackers will definitely reach hundreds of millions of dollars, hopefully after they do the update there are no vulnerable in ethereum

thats a no good . postponing the fork could lead to an even more dips in the price of eth because the hodlers of eth will not have a reason to hodl thier coins if there now forks to occur at all  .   forks are really beneficial to update the cryptos and to add a significant price hike as well  . and why do you think hackers will loose hundreds of dollars  ? hmm thats strange  .  hackers wont loose because hackers do only earn from their illegal activities .
lllaqpt

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 02:35:23 PM

Yes i am also ask the same question, if they know about problem and know what she cant fix it to the 16th, why they anounce postpone in the last moment?
Its move my mind to the meaning what update not complete and maybe never cant be implemented
I also do not understand this, why it was impossible to inform about the transfer long before the appointed date, why do everything at the last moment, only the price collapsed

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
Prompyboo

Activity: 807
Merit: 251

World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 02:42:59 PM

Most likely it will. I think that Ethereum has faced serious technological problems and now they do not know how to solve them

raptorez

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 03:24:42 PM

You noticed that the deadlines were delayed, and it seemed to me that the deadlines were not just delayed. The fact is that the developers were hoping that prices would have a more serious scope, but nothing happened and this is sad.
ned.ryerson

Activity: 756
Merit: 101

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 03:30:59 PM

You noticed that the deadlines were delayed, and it seemed to me that the deadlines were not just delayed. The fact is that the developers were hoping that prices would have a more serious scope, but nothing happened and this is sad.
I think it's not because of the price. Vitalik Buterin never interested in the price of Ethereum. I think that updating is just technologically impossible.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
bountylayomi
Copper Member

Activity: 234
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 04:57:09 PM

Now I get the clear picture to why ethereum has been dipping in price in the market. Well, it is very nice of the team to have took the bold step of delaying the hard fork than for many wallet to have been attached. There will be light at the end of the tunnel...
belli4388

Activity: 197

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 05:03:47 PM

has not even been launched and have already been found vulnerabilities, we have to trust? they should postpone the fork indefinitely until it is perfect in terms of security

space available pm me if interested
owlman

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 05:38:00 PM

On the one hand, this is bad news, as the price of ETH started to decline slightly, because many people were waiting for this, but now the launch of the hard forks has been postponed, but on the other hand, it’s better now to postpone the launch and fix all the vulnerabilities so that this update will have a positive impact on eth network and on its price.

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
wxxyrqa

Activity: 1330
Merit: 121

Growth & Marketing | IEO | Bounty | Strat

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 05:49:37 PM

On the one hand, this is bad news, as the price of ETH started to decline slightly, because many people were waiting for this, but now the launch of the hard forks has been postponed, but on the other hand, it’s better now to postpone the launch and fix all the vulnerabilities so that this update will have a positive impact on eth network and on its price.
I think what do you do, because if you remove the updates and then fix the problems will be more difficult. So it is better to postpone the update and resolve all issues related to security.
frost_wind

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 05:55:39 PM

I'm not surprised . This has already become a tradition for developers of the ethereum - first announce something, and then endlessly endure. Smart traders have already managed to make good money on this news about the fork and something tells me that Vitalik Buterin was one of those who earned the most from this

Omela44
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:05:27 PM

Really not nice that the update has been delayed. Many people have certainly been waiting for it, like me. I thought it would start a new era for ethereum and now we have to wait for it.
Ambers

Activity: 476
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:08:11 PM

I wonder how it turns out that this bug is reported to us on the eve of the fork. Did they not know about it before? Why did they need so much time to talk about it. It is very similar to the fact that the team of the ethereum manipulates the price of a coin using such sudden informational messages.
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 17, 2019, 06:11:53 PM

Actually it's a big luck to find out the vulnerability BEFORE the fork, otherwise it would lead to terrible consequences. Ethereum network has become so huge so it's very difficult to predict the stability after any changes.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: