Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:58:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestion for new DT member by old DT members (collected quote)  (Read 269 times)
The Cryptovator (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2169

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2019, 05:37:13 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2019, 11:58:57 AM by Coolcryptovator
Merited by r1s2g3 (1)

Since there is no any guidelines for DT member I have collected few suggestion from old DT member. Because lot of new face on DT network, although I am on DT1 but still newbie on the DT network. And I feel we need some suggestions from old DT member. Even theymos feel need  some guidance for new DT members.    

I don't want DT to be absolute garbage, either, since trust-newbies need some guidance.

I believe below quote will help all new member on DT network. My in tension is just combined all quote on single thread, so all new DT member will find it easily on one place. Because quote are collected from different post and from different DT member.  

Here's some quick advice:
1) For positive feedback: Be very conservative.
2) For negative feedback: Be strict and follow the general standards (what we tag for and what we don't tag for).
3) For trust lists: Not that important unless you are DT1, but I'd say be even more conservative than 1).

Leave appropriate feedback with a valid reference link if it's a neg, and be careful who you give positives to.  I've already said that, but it's the best advice IMO.  Nobody is forcing any new DT2 members to start leaving feedbacks, so hopefully none of you feel pressured to do so.

The trust list is for people whom you trust to leave accurate trust feedback and maintain good trust lists, and not for people who you've traded with (you can leave them a positive trust feedback for that).
You don't have to leave someone positive feedback to add them to your trust list, and you don't have to add someone to your trust list to leave positive feedback to them.

just try to use good judgement when leaving any feedback, and be prepared for a barrage of PMs when you tag anyone.  Try to be thick-skinned if you aren't already, and don't misuse your position.  Those are the best words of advice I can think of for you or any of the new DT members.  
Also, leave reference links to your feedbacks as much as you can--without a valid reference link (or explanation in the feedback itself), the feedback is kind of iffy.

That's not why you should add someone to your trust list: if you trust someone with funds, leave him feedback.
If you trust his judgement (on others), add him to your trust list.

1. People you've traded with are not necessarily good candidates. You have to trust person's judgement as well.
2. Review the feedback sent by people you're including/excluding. (You've mentioned this a little bit)
2. Never include people who ask to be included. Perhaps exclude them instead. Be skeptical about inclusions suggested by other users (possible shilling).
3. Don't include people merely based on their merits or if you like/agree with their posts.
etc

Including wrong people in the list would negate any advantages and might make it far worse than just leaving the settings at DefaultTrust.

Please add reference links to all your negative ratings.

You should really revisit all of those ratings, especially if some of those accounts are now inactive (which makes them a liability). Maybe rewrite the ones on such accounts to neutral.

You shouldn't set up trust list and send/change trust feedback based on your emotions.

Trolling's are welcome (since can't be prevent), and more helpful suggestion will be appreciated

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
January 16, 2019, 05:59:09 PM

~
Congratulations!
A feedback with reference gives the readers the option to justify the feedback. I understand there are some feedback which don't need a reference. For example leaving a positive feedback to a forum member who is well known to the forum and doing great job for long time.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 07:59:00 PM

I have created a ticket system for appeals against my decisions in the various roles I perform on the net, I've added DT appeals to this -
Block Error - the Jet Cash support ticket system

Please note - this is not a general support site, but solely related to my activities.

I apologise for the misspelling of "Support Centre", and I will change that as soon as I decide on a banner for the site.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 2168

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 08:07:22 PM

This compilation contains very useful tips for not only DT members but anyone actively involved in leaving trust feedback on profiles.

Please add reference links to all your negative ratings.

Try as much as possible to reference all your feedbacks, positive or negative. An exception could be made for neutral feedbacks.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TalkStar
Copper Member

Activity: 1204
Merit: 737

✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 10:47:34 AM

Basically these guidelines will help new DT members to take proper decisions. Just giving Tag to someone is not the only responsibility of a DT. Strong activity of our forum DT members is the key to prevent forum scam and fraudulent activities. I wish our new DT members will perfectly do their job to keep our forum clean. 

▄██████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████