Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:35:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Crowdfunding][DApp] 0xchan - A decentralized and incentivized image board  (Read 328 times)
sumpunk (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 10:24:30 AM

0xchan
Your conversations.
Immutable and decentralized.

0xchan website

What is 0xchan?

0xchan is a decentralized and immutable message board system on the Ethereum blockchain where users can post messages and media files. Storage of those messages is handled via IPFS and a smart contract is used to store a ledger of all messages. A Proof of Stake style mechanism ensures quality content and protects the system against spam, while also incentivising users to stake their Ether. The immutable and decentralized nature of the system allows for free speech and gives way to create truly censorship resistant and self sustaining platforms.

0xchan tackles an already existing and served market. Websites like 4chan, 8chan or Reddit allow users to interact with each other in conversations. The issue here is a very centralized nature with an abundance of moderation to meet the needs of advertisers and outright censorship. If the hosting servers suffer from down time or get taken offline permamently no user will be able to access the content anymore. Many users are very unhappy with forced advertising and automated bot spam on these communities and are looking for less intrusive alternatives.

Why crowdfund, and what are we doing with the Ether?

Kickstarting projects with your own hard earned money is a good thing, but you should know what your money is being used for as well.

All of the collected Ether is being used by us in a way that helps us develop 0xchan as quickly as possible, pay external audits, create rewards for future bug bounties but also pay our hosting and domain.

The closer we come to reaching the total goal of 2,000 Ether the more time we can allocate to this by either reducing our current jobs to a minimum or even becoming full time developers for this project.

The crowdfunding phase will end February 13th 2019.

What are our projected goals?

We don't want to keep you in the dark about what we planned for the future, so here is our targeted roadmap for 2019:

Q1 2019: InfancyQ2 2019: ArcQ3 2019: DemocracyQ4 2019: Freedom
Start of the crowdfunding campaign, beginning of development, first version of the working draft white paper is released.Release of a testnet version with MVP interface to interact with the system, public bug hunting with bounty rewards in Ethereum, depending on success of testnet a follow up with a third party audit and subsequent mainnet release.Publication of entire system as open source on publicly accessible platforms like Github, finalized white paper is being released.Release of a stand alone desktop app as MVP with further development to follow up.

What's in it for you?

Aside from having a fuzzy and warm feeling because you know you kickstarted a revolution in reclaiming social media as a whole, you will get two things as a thank you from us:

For each 0.0001 Ether you donated, you will receive 1 ZCI token with a bonus on top, depending on how fast you were.

The first 500 Ether that get donated are receiving a bonus of 50% on their tokens. So instead of getting 1 ZCI for every 0.0001 Ether spent, you'd receive 1.5 ZCI for every 0.0001 Ether spent.

The next 750 Ether that get donated are receiving a bonus of 25% on their tokens. So they'll receive 1.25 ZCI for every 0.0001 Ether spent.

Every Ether donated after that will be subject to a 10% bonus and receive 1.1 ZCI for every 0.0001 Ether spent.

All ZCI received this way can be converted to ZCH on the 0xchan main contract, or be traded on exchanges that support the tokens.

The other thing you'll receive is a unique, tongue-in-cheek ERC-721 token with your address on it. It's yours to keep, forever.

Where's the white paper?

A detailed description of the technical aspects of 0xchan and further explanations can be seen in our working draft white paper which you can view and download via the link below.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sumpunk (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 10:29:38 AM

Reserved
sumpunk (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 10:48:46 AM

Interesting and good timing; I would suggest to expand the whitepaper a bit.

Thank you. The whitepaper is constantly being worked on, refined and expanded so check back every now and then to see if there is an update for it. A TL;DR of the updates can be found on the last page where we prepared a changelog. If you have any specifics you'd want to see in it, feel free to share your ideas. We're open for input.
sjj_kleros

Activity: 124

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 10:57:41 AM

Nice. Really looking forward to this guys.

If you're looking for some full decentralized janitors (to clean up the curated list on potential disputes) get in touch with us at Kleros. We already have a working Dapp doing this.

I guess even with the large deposit stakes for posting, you're still going to get griefing attacks. Pizza, Gore on SFW boards etc.

We'd love to help and good luck with the project.
sjj_kleros

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 11:01:11 AM

Interesting and good timing; I would suggest to expand the whitepaper a bit.

Thank you. The whitepaper is constantly being worked on, refined and expanded so check back every now and then to see if there is an update for it. A TL;DR of the updates can be found on the last page where we prepared a changelog. If you have any specifics you'd want to see in it, feel free to share your ideas. We're open for input.

Glad to hear this.

Also, can you PM me? I tried to message you but your settings don't allow it.

And no, it's not a marketing offer!
sumpunk (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 11:02:23 AM

Nice. Really looking forward to this guys.

If you're looking for some full decentralized janitors (to clean up the curated list on potential disputes) get in touch with us at Kleros. We already have a working Dapp doing this.

I guess even with the large deposit stakes for posting, you're still going to get griefing attacks. Pizza, Gore on SFW boards etc.

We'd love to help and good luck with the project.

The original idea was to let users moderate themselves and have them carry out their own disputes. Depending on how our test-net fares we may need to adjust certain factors, but overall we'd like to keep this as stand-alone as possible. Cheers for reaching out though. Appreciate what you're creating for the blockchain.

Glad to hear this.

Also, can you PM me? I tried to message you but your settings don't allow it.

Huh, weird. Sure, will PM you. I won't send nudes tho, sorry.
sjj_kleros

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 05:25:37 PM

The original idea was to let users moderate themselves and have them carry out their own disputes. Depending on how our test-net fares we may need to adjust certain factors, but overall we'd like to keep this as stand-alone as possible. Cheers for reaching out though. Appreciate what you're creating for the blockchain.

Huh, weird. Sure, will PM you. I won't send nudes tho, sorry.
[/quote]

Hey, thanks for the reply. No need for nudes, unless they're really dank.

Yeah, users would be moderating themselves but using our own platform which you can integrate for free and take advantage of a pool of users already fully decentralized. You could have a 0xchan subcourt for example, with fees / rewards etc governed by your users.   We as a project don't have any say in the resolution of case.

How did you plan to go about it at your end?

sumpunk (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 06:19:32 PM

Yeah, users would be moderating themselves but using our own platform which you can integrate for free and take advantage of a pool of users already fully decentralized. You could have a 0xchan subcourt for example, with fees / rewards etc governed by your users.   We as a project don't have any say in the resolution of case.

Every user who has a stake in the system is capable of voting. We call this "Proof of Sortition", where only people are being pulled into a draft that are actually using the system and are voting in their own interest rather than external voters who do it for monetary compensation alone. At least that's how we envision it'll work out but I guess we'll see long term if that even works at all or if users are starting to try and fuck each other over.
sjj_kleros

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2019, 10:44:01 PM

Yeah, users would be moderating themselves but using our own platform which you can integrate for free and take advantage of a pool of users already fully decentralized. You could have a 0xchan subcourt for example, with fees / rewards etc governed by your users.   We as a project don't have any say in the resolution of case.

Every user who has a stake in the system is capable of voting. We call this "Proof of Sortition", where only people are being pulled into a draft that are actually using the system and are voting in their own interest rather than external voters who do it for monetary compensation alone. At least that's how we envision it'll work out but I guess we'll see long term if that even works at all or if users are starting to try and fuck each other over.

From our tests and research so far your system will probably work until it doesn't. I.e, there will always be malicious actors looking to break it without the correct incentives not to. The biggest danger would be external griefing attacks from those that don't care about your platform. Assuming the token or stake is tradable, it's likely a large enough quantity could be bought that you have some sort of sybil or 51% attack on the voting system.

There are other projects out there other than us of course, so the final answer may be elsewhere for you guys. Assuming we attain a large enough juror pool and dispersion of tokens, it makes it harder to break. I guess if you manage to disperse the tokens in a nice manner this will mitigate but the griefing of an actor with reasonable funds is hard to stop. Our mechanism against this is forking but I'm not sure if you've considered that.

The cryptoeconomic game: It's a tough one.
9zero9

Activity: 81
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 04:29:00 AM

Who is on the team?
Tyr808

Activity: 606
Merit: 278

06/19/11 17:51 Bought BTC 259684.77 for 0.0101

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 08:24:20 AM

Sumpunk you have to understand bitcointalk is not your discord circlejerk where you delete anything and boss people around. You'll get fucked with that attitude over here. Newbie.

sumpunk (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 09:24:41 AM

Who is on the team?

First of all, we're an anonymous (in most cases) development team. The core team currently consists of ARitz Cracker and me for solidity and full-stack development, and ToCsIcK cross-checking our codebase. Those names might mean nothing to you, but what is a face worth anyway?

Sumpunk you have to understand bitcointalk is not your discord circlejerk where you delete anything and boss people around. You'll get fucked with that attitude over here. Newbie.

Not sure where you are coming from with this, but ok. Kinda rude tho.
sumpunk (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 09:59:20 AM

From our tests and research so far your system will probably work until it doesn't. I.e, there will always be malicious actors looking to break it without the correct incentives not to. The biggest danger would be external griefing attacks from those that don't care about your platform. Assuming the token or stake is tradable, it's likely a large enough quantity could be bought that you have some sort of sybil or 51% attack on the voting system.

Ok so, the tokens (ZCH) you are able to pre-purchase instead of paying the posting fee while saving a new message to the ledger are freely tradeable. However, those tokens don't add to your overall voting rights. I'm sure with enough evil intend there will be people coming up with the most entertaining ways to try and break the voting system. So your research was as good as ours; it works until it doesn't. But as you can see in the whitepaper we reserve the ability to change the entire moderation contract so we can update it or completely change it with new routines as time goes on. We're currently figuring out a good way for the users to be notified in advance if a change is upcoming and how to integrate them into the process of voting the change in or out.

There are other projects out there other than us of course, so the final answer may be elsewhere for you guys. Assuming we attain a large enough juror pool and dispersion of tokens, it makes it harder to break. I guess if you manage to disperse the tokens in a nice manner this will mitigate but the griefing of an actor with reasonable funds is hard to stop. Our mechanism against this is forking but I'm not sure if you've considered that.

The point of 0xchan is not to amass riches. The dividends functionality exists to basically repay people their posting fees over time. I'll crunch some numbers during the weekend but from what I have in mind your spending/earning ratio is so out of whack that it makes no sense to collect massive amounts of ZCH just to gain dividends.

It is. But it's also a fun and interesting one. In 2018 alone more economic models have been tested in record time thanks to various blockchains, than we could ever try in "real world" economics. Gotta appreciate that.
Tyr808

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 11:19:39 AM

Not sure where you are coming from with this, but ok. Kinda rude tho.

Well, a post of mine where I was advising to do some more work on the whitepaper was deleted. Being you the OP in a self moderated thread I'd assume it was you.

sumpunk (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 12:24:16 PM

Well, a post of mine where I was advising to do some more work on the whitepaper was deleted. Being you the OP in a self moderated thread I'd assume it was you.

Yeah I saw that after I replied to you, but even though this is my thread I can't delete any other posts beside my own.
sjj_kleros

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 03:30:05 PM

Ok so, the tokens (ZCH) you are able to pre-purchase instead of paying the posting fee while saving a new message to the ledger are freely tradeable. However, those tokens don't add to your overall voting rights. I'm sure with enough evil intend there will be people coming up with the most entertaining ways to try and break the voting system. So your research was as good as ours; it works until it doesn't. But as you can see in the whitepaper we reserve the ability to change the entire moderation contract so we can update it or completely change it with new routines as time goes on. We're currently figuring out a good way for the users to be notified in advance if a change is upcoming and how to integrate them into the process of voting the change in or out.

The point of 0xchan is not to amass riches. The dividends functionality exists to basically repay people their posting fees over time. I'll crunch some numbers during the weekend but from what I have in mind your spending/earning ratio is so out of whack that it makes no sense to collect massive amounts of ZCH just to gain dividends.

It is. But it's also a fun and interesting one. In 2018 alone more economic models have been tested in record time thanks to various blockchains, than we could ever try in "real world" economics. Gotta appreciate that.

Appreciate all the answers here and yep, what a year for cryptoeconomics.

My points about the forking wasn't intended to work as a way to amass riches but your token needs some sort of value as an intrinsic defence of the platform. Without that, it'll just descend into farce and spam.

So, x100 on ZCH is not something anyone is touting or looking for (well me anyway) but some sort of value would be beneficial. I'd need to give it some though but DAI may have a usecase for you here also.

Keep up the good work.
sumpunk (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 06:03:09 PM

Appreciate all the answers here and yep, what a year for cryptoeconomics.

My points about the forking wasn't intended to work as a way to amass riches but your token needs some sort of value as an intrinsic defence of the platform. Without that, it'll just descend into farce and spam.

So, x100 on ZCH is not something anyone is touting or looking for (well me anyway) but some sort of value would be beneficial. I'd need to give it some though but DAI may have a usecase for you here also.

Keep up the good work.

Also appreciate the open feedback. As we're still in very early stages we still have room to change or improve certain subsets of our system's functionality. We usually take every suggestion and evaluate if they could work with our overall vision on how things are supposed to be working.
Tyr808

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 11:08:14 PM

Yeah I saw that after I replied to you, but even though this is my thread I can't delete any other posts beside my own.

My apologies then, might have been a deranged mod.

zirs

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 12:56:26 PM

My apologies then, might have been a deranged mod.

0xChan first page,
hi mods, I am a newbie
look at me, k' thanks
zirs

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 09:07:38 PM

Sleeper ico. This will be huge.

https://etherscan.io/tx/0x4d94abafa9a3369da6c19d630ad177f60c71913249c52b82a4410fe2d61d51d8

oh my
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: