Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:54:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO][NCR] ☀️ Neos VR: The First Metaverse Built From Within ☀️  (Read 678 times)
NeosMetaverse (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 9
Merit: 51

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2019, 04:00:18 PM
Last edit: May 17, 2021, 03:48:27 PM by NeosMetaverse
Merited by fr4nkthetank (51)

The First Metaverse Build From Within

Steam   •   Neos.com   •   White Paper

Uniswap   •   Discord   •   YouTube   •   Reddit   •   Twitter   •   Patreon

What is Neos?

Neos is a virtual reality metaverse that reinvents and generalizes the way social experiences and various virtual creations are built, to let them all coexist in one shared space. The innovative underlying architecture, based on simple, yet powerful building blocks in an expandable future-proof way, is designed to dynamically synchronize complex worlds and behaviors built directly from within Neos.
With a rapidly growing community, the potential for a rich Neos in-verse economy embodied in the upcoming Neos Store marketplace emerges as a way for content creators and service providers to make a living in Neos, and help it to grow into a vibrant, desirable place and strong decentralized economy.

Neos Credits [NCR]

Token sale: open at https://neos.com/

Neos Credits [NCR] will facilitate Neos in-verse economy including Neos Store and Neos Jobs marketplaces. With the upcoming launch of Licence Information Component, NCR will enable trustless in-verse trading.
The minting process is designed to initially distribute Neos Credits to supporters and early adopters so that they can take part in the in-verse economy and benefit from the eventual success of Neos. Rewarding those who help to develop advanced iterations of the Neos metaverse is our top priority.

Contract: 0xdb5c3c46e28b53a39c255aa39a411dd64e5fed9c
Not an sale address, will be provided as token sale starts

What's next?

Before token sale starts, we'll introduce in-verse NCR transactions and trading in an update.
You can join community testing of managed wallets and transactions with fun little KFC test token that is in progress right now.
It's not sure when all 50 million NCR will be minted, but the sooner you get on board, the better your minting batch NCR-ETH ratio. We'll keep updating this post and our communication in general in the long term as we continue to make Neos and it's NCR token sale more attractive over time.

Update

Thanks to everyone who helped testing with KFC. We have not found any major issues.
NCR in-verse transactions now enabled, all set for launch of blockchain services and minting this Friday. Images of in-verse NCR UI below.

Update 2

Minting starts in less than 4 hours. Countdown, details and eventually minting address available at https://neos.com/

Update 3

Minting underway. we're on batch 82/500 and counting, see stats at https://neos.com/. Thanks to everyone taking part!

Further updates in the thread below...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NeosMetaverse (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 01:14:33 PM

Thank you for the initial listing, looks great.
Would like to verify and add more info, although the Team section with "verify" button seems missing.
NeosMetaverse (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2019, 01:41:15 PM

Thanks to everyone who helped testing with KFC. We have not found any major issues.
NCR in-verse transactions now enabled, all set for launch of blockchain services and minting this Friday.
Images in first post Update section.
dzkrb1966

Activity: 602
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 10:12:23 PM

To be honest, the graphics are not impressive. What a triangular fox says something, some kind of pointer stick to the paws, on the outstretched fingers.
NeosMetaverse (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 12:04:32 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2019, 02:49:19 PM by NeosMetaverse

To be honest, the graphics are not impressive. What a triangular fox says something, some kind of pointer stick to the paws, on the outstretched fingers.
Haha that's a good point. People can freely customize their avatars and sometimes it can really be the fuel of nightmares.  Grin But that also makes it fun.
For serious/work use we recommend importing full body scans for now and will be introducing an in-verse avatar suite later on.
Neos graphics is going to get more beautiful over time, but it has to run on mobile VR consoles like Oculus Quest too, so a balance has to be struck at all times. 😊
NeosMetaverse (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2019, 10:29:15 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2019, 10:10:02 PM by NeosMetaverse

☀️Neos Meetup☀️
Sun, Feb 3rd, 2pm PST / 23:00 CET

We'll talk new Hub, Neos Credits crypto, fish for everyone. It's gonna be great.
Featuring @Frooxius, @Nexulan and you! ✌️

Update
It went great:
NeosMetaverse (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 10:08:51 PM

Getting some initial press
https://zycrypto.com/neos-metaverse-the-future-of-virtual-reality/?fbclid=IwAR225ZkxHyq0m6V3NKQH5j-DtqVBsJpxx0sx5xcDpogxcRNav7XOvbAlNIU
https://icoshock.com/neos-vr-ico/
https://skarredghost.com/2019/01/24/frooxius-talks-us-about-the-development-of-amazing-vr-metaverse-neos/
https://seekingalpha.com/instablog/22837611-john-beardslee/5265389-neos-first-metaverse-build-within-neos-credits-ncr
NeosMetaverse (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 10:21:30 PM

☀️Next Neos Meetup☀️
Sun, Feb 10th, 1pm PST / 22:00 CET

We have some records to break now. See you there legends ❤️❤️❤️❤️
dzkrb1966

Activity: 602
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 19, 2019, 01:32:49 PM

Haha that's a good point. People can freely customize their avatars and sometimes it can really be the fuel of nightmares.  Grin But that also makes it fun.
For serious/work use we recommend importing full body scans for now and will be introducing an in-verse avatar suite later on.
Neos graphics is going to get more beautiful over time, but it has to run on mobile VR consoles like Oculus Quest too, so a balance has to be struck at all times. 😊

Is it on virtual reality glasses? In principle, I propose to make a geo - binding. You walk down the street, and avatars walk past you. And the line between real life and virtual reality disappears.
NeosMetaverse (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2019, 10:37:28 PM

Yes, our users primarily use virtual reality glasses as those are arguably a bit more technologically mature than augmented/mixed reality glasses (where you see both virtual and real objects).

I'm not aware that the leading augmented reality headsets like Hololens 2 and Magic Leap have GPS / geo anchoring systems to allow for such use. But Neos works on these and is ready once they do have this geo - binding capability.

We're getting ready to launch new website and UI

preview
NeosMetaverse (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2019, 12:09:56 AM

https://www.roadtovr.com/neos-vr-update-brings-massive-improvements-user-friendliness-social-features/

'Neos VR' Update Brings "massive improvements" to User Friendliness, Social...
Neos VR, the social VR platform, is celebrating a milestone with the release of its 0.8 build, which brings what the creators call “massive improvements” to usability and social features, and integration with its own cryptocurrency. Essentially...
GTTIGER

Activity: 527
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2020, 09:29:05 AM

You guys need a marketing guy and keyboard access. Keyboard access is needed for mass appeal.

I like the game, a little clunky with the ui. The economic model is good but I would like to see more emphasis on how the coins can be spent.

Overall, cool underrated project.

GTTIGER

Activity: 527
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2020, 09:29:56 AM

You guys need a marketing guy (the ann should be a bit more flashy) and keyboard access. Keyboard access is needed for mass appeal.

I like the game, a little clunky with the ui. The economic model is good but I would like to see more emphasis on how the coins can be spent.

Overall, cool underrated project.

fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 03:45:03 PM

Just gonna post here and say go download it on steam !  Its really awesome, people are super friendly and helpful.  It'll take a bit of time to setup your avatar and learn everything but its well worth it.  This is it people.  Its happening.
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
March 21, 2021, 09:15:43 PM

Just gonna post here and say go download it on steam !  Its really awesome, people are super friendly and helpful.  It'll take a bit of time to setup your avatar and learn everything but its well worth it.  This is it people.  Its happening.

Why they are not active here on the forum? If they are in active development, they should post their updates here so people will not get the impression that this project is already dead. After couple of years here in the forum, they are still in page 1. So people will think that this is not a very active project to look out for.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2021, 03:24:48 AM

true true I agree.  I think bitcointalk as a whole isnt very much active as it once was for new projects.  not that this one is new.  But if you check the updates for the game itself, it is quite active.  The NCR minting from what I understand is also done in relation to the patreon page here https://www.patreon.com/neosvr
So I see if you sign up Patreon and give 16$ a month, you'll get 60 NCR monthly which are minted I think.  Maybe they are mostly focused on the actual dev work.  Also they launched here in 2019, kinda a dead time for new projects on bitcointalk and didnt get much responses.  Given up on bitcointalk maybe.  A signature campaign wouldnt hurt 
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

View Profile
March 22, 2021, 09:22:13 PM

I think its a good project.  You can get NCR with the minting directly or get it on uniswap but check the price.  Whatever happens I think this is fun and I also tend to think its the future that we can have in the now.  Im biased because I love VR and think its really awesome but  I don't expect the coin to "pump" like crazy unless some people get a really big slice of the minting every mint period and the minting price goes up 100x as it will in the future.  The money goes to the devs and they are quite legit so I mean that would be pretty cool.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 02:55:09 PM

I'm just going to go ahead and update the thread.

NEOS VR ICO (ongoing ico), is now at 0.147$/NCR
7.3M/50M total minted so far
-5.9 via ETH mint
-1.2 via Patreon mint
rough numbers, it doesnt add up its ok

Traded on Uniswap or send ETH to mint address directly (not contract address).  Ask questions in the discord, or here i'll answer.
info.uniswap.org/pair/0x06Bf054B9aAfC075f9BE814E1B7F948c6e845596

Each batch goes up in price +1.25 or 1.5%
every 25th batch goes to community dev fund, promoting work done on neos.  Now on batch 73/500.  

Really cool stuff going on, Marketplace/NFTs/in game items, etc coming soon.  In game transfer of NCR is off chain so no fees.
IF you dont know what NEOS VR is, check it out on steam, it has great reviews.
Also check out cool stuff you can do:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWSdPbPiY3k
www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-kG3f_bj1M

Full body tracking is awesome.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLEaf3YwJy8

Also face tracking is a thing.  And its also equally awesome.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7ChnfY6TVI

I'll post updates once in a while.  Also its amazing - you build your worlds IN VR (there is also a desktop mode), you build logix in VR, you can have your twitch stream in VR, etc.  

Snowing here in April, merry christmas all.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 03:58:22 PM

Posting updates from discord :

Karel | CEO —

We modeled a lot of ICO scenarios and chose the most positive one, with the most interest, yet still a quite likely one. (Not the most likely.) With the mindset that we can always speed mint pace up, but there is no way to slow it down. So far the pace is quite rapid. I certainly didn't imagine there will be more than 7.5 million NCR in existence already before Neos Store launch. I'd say burn is not likely at this moment or more likely than before. I was just mentioning that as a reaction to the post by @steinsg8 who it seems wasn't aware of that it is one of the tools we might use to deal with slower mint pace in the future if that happens.  In regards to the technical question about NCR burning, we have quite a lot of freedom in terms how to do it as our ERC-20 contract is a very vanilla one. It has to be in order to work well with Patreon (not a decentralized service). Ethereum to Patreon mint ratio is an unknown.
I think the cool and easily demonstrable way to burn the NCR would be to send them to the address 0x000000000000000000000000000000000000dead https://etherscan.io/address/0x000000000000000000000000000000000000dead or 0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000
https://etherscan.io/address/0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000 no one clearly has the private keys for.
However for the slightest chance that we live in the one universe in billions where someone actually manages to find the private key (there are 2^256 combinations right now and networks will for sure move to more bits/different hash if/as computing capabilities increase orders of magnitudes and/or quantum computing becomes a factor) to one of these we might use a burner contract such as https://etherscan.io/address/0xb69fba56b2e67e7dda61c8aa057886a8d1468575

Karel | CEO —

The best sustainable long term crowdfunding platform that matches Neos long term nature was and probably still is Kickstarter. We had to design an ICO that works well with a Kickstarter campaign. Not really something we saw before. It was clear from the get go that it will be very different from the usual ICO that is designed to raise the maximum amount of funds fast, but also fail fast. Exactly the opposite of our sustainable mindset and vision for Neos.
We wanted for the ICO to move along with Neos development steadily, awarding the few early supporters (you) disproportionally more than those coming later on as the earlier version of Neos you see and use, the harder it is to find support for it, the more of a visionary one has to be to see what Neos can become. Hence the ~500x increase you correctly noted @Zyzyl

Karel | CEO —
Investors kept explaining how bad of a project Neos is over and over. The sane thing at this point would be to let go and move on. However Neos was and still is the coolest thing we can imagine. There is not something better to move on to. The full vision that Neos might bring so much joy and utility to people all over the world, that we might one day see full dive, push the Laundauer Limit, be a better platform for a lot of the human activities that make humanity unsustainable, do something that really matters in the bigger picture, become the good parts of TCKR. It's our life's work and just too good to let go.  It was clear that Neos just doesn't fit the short term goal oriented funding and that if we want to continue, we have to find a way to fund Neos in a very different sustainable, long term way.  Neos Alfa on Steam attracted some initial users (thank you guys and gals    ) and we started thinking of making Neos work with crowdfunding. We wanted to give the project’s saviors - in part to prove so many investors explaining how bad of an investment Neos is wrong- something that would become valuable a we begin fulfilling the vision. We think limited virtual land in context of a metaverse is total baloney. (Not in context of a particular world - that might be a good way to raise funds for the world creator/operator.) What we knew though was that a  virtual economy in a p2p metaverse needs a currency and it's going to be worth quite a lot if enough people start using it. There are precedents.

Karel | CEO —
Please feel free to skip the TLDR part, but I'm including it to provide full context for why the Neos ICO is designed as it is.

------ TLDR ------

The Neos ICO process was designed with the presumption that Neos itself is a very daring long term project. Very different from the typical run of the mill startup where you raise quickly, have to whip something up as soon as possible, see whether it sticks or not and then move on to the next thing. That approach doesn't really work for Neos. In order for it to be sustainable , scalable, be its own engine, have the full long term potential to gradually become what is our ultimate vision for a metaverse, it just can't be based on some game engine data model with some asset store packages on top, quickly whipped up. It needs a very long term sustainable almost Japanese like thinking and funding approach. It was taking quite a lot of time to properly develop the core systems, have something that looks plausible to an investor.  At that point of time most of the companies in our VR focused business accelerator - now our friends and colleagues (we all shared a co-working space in San Francisco) - went already bankrupt and we were on the end of the line as well. Staring into the abyss. Elon Musk has this quote “Running a startup is like chewing glass and staring into the abyss. After a while, you stop staring, but the glass chewing never ends” and it's very true.

Karel | CEO —
Hi everyone, the Content Developer Fund and its token CDFT was just announced over in #🌃neos-updates channel. You can read about it in the updated Neos White Paper at https://neosvr.com/whitepaper.pdf  It's a way of rewarding and supporting the extraordinary efforts and contributions of our amazing community. Slightly over 11 mil USD mint value if all goes well. We've tried to balance the fund to not impact valuation for other holders, but to still make it enough to make some difference for community developers.  Everyone will be able to apply, we'll share more info on how to do that in the weekly update. 
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 07:36:55 PM

Weekly update from the discord !

"
Frooxius | CTO —
Hello @everyone and welcome to another of our weekly updates!

We have very exciting updates for you. This week we have released our Cloud Variable system, a new powerful tool for persistence independently of objects and worlds, allowing you to sync settings across worlds and avatars, build world with progression system, synchronize values between your private UI and the world in real time, sync data across sessions and instances of items and much more!

The system is designed for many different use cases and usage patterns, to learn more about how you can start using it, check out the details below.

The weekly Creator Jam has also reached the magical number 100! On our last Friday live stream, we have interviewed @Medra , @Vegasx and @Cataena to learn more about Creator Jam, their background and experiences, if you missed the interview definitely give it a watch!

https://youtu.be/sYuWYRnv6E8

In more great news, we have reached over 300 concurrent users a few days ago! Our community has been constantly growing for past two and half years and we're very excited every time we reach a new record number. While it's not as high as the absolute peak at the New Years, it's one that appeared organically almost out of nowhere.

We also showcase some amazing community creations and events, like a brand new MurderX game by the Japanese community, DJ event and talk about new mentor applications. Check out the details below!

https://steamcommunity.com/games/neos/announcements/detail/3037092063869109014

https://discord.com/channels/402159838827905024/439421931830378506/837088938480762890

"
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: