Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:08:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning to torrent downloaders  (Read 299 times)
Levyathan

Activity: 434
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 09:39:36 AM

Even torrent which works like the tor network can be hacked, it means that nothing in this world is secure. Be sure to secure your funds from hackers.
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 09:41:14 AM

This is why I check files on the torrent download folder before I proceed the download. I wait for the folders to show-up and then it should be all I need. I pause the download for files that I'm not familiar with. Especially crack folders.
Luke NY
Copper Member

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 10:29:30 AM

To download unfamiliar torrent files, I scan them for security, and then the decision to download is made. Be careful about these things.

Altryist
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1345

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 10:44:21 AM

To download unfamiliar torrent files, I scan them for security, and then the decision to download is made. Be careful about these things.

I think that those wishing to use such methods will become more and more common with time, and the more popular the cryptocurrency is, the more popular the more often we will hear about it. You must always be careful, and even better for a torrent to have a separate laptop that is not used for work, then you can get around this point.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
wxganz

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 07:19:38 PM

Thank you for this warning! A lot of malware and miners been found in torrent files last years. As a community, we have to keep other people

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
elite070
Copper Member

Activity: 112

www.codex.one

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 08:00:52 PM

For those who torrent files, an instance of the "Cozybear" malware was found in a download.

This is a reminder to the community to keep their torrenting separate from where they store their online wallets.   

https://cryptomenow.com/the-most-straight-forward-guide-to-wanchain-wan-in-cryptocurrency/

Is there some relationship about the torrent sites or files to the cryptocurrency? particularly their respective wallets? I think torrent is kinda different from cryptos.

Tramle091296

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 08:07:30 PM

Yes Indeed. thats why when downloading torrents file much better if you save file on seperate hardisk or sites that will surely secured your wallet and avoid pishing / or lose you wallet.
But even its not on torrent just always be secure interms of wallet there are many sites that has a virus also created to hack wallets.

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
dewildance

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 08:14:33 PM

Unfortunately, the use of torrent always has similar hazards. Every computer that has Cryptocurrencies traded needs to be protected from such activities. A good antivirus project maybe makes ICO and it works.
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 08:24:48 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Thank goodness, when downloading movies and TV series I don't use torrent anymore. I'm aware that some torrent files could be infected with viruses and disguise as malware. Some malware could steal information like passwords and private keys and the next thing you know your digital assets are gone in your wallet.
Sergei80

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 08:29:19 PM

For those who torrent files, an instance of the "Cozybear" malware was found in a download.

This is a reminder to the community to keep their torrenting separate from where they store their online wallets.   

https://cryptomenow.com/the-most-straight-forward-guide-to-wanchain-wan-in-cryptocurrency/

the internet seems to become very frightening to me now, Imagine that you did bounties the whole year in able to get some crypto because you can't afford to buy then ended uphaving your earnings been stolen because of this kind of hackers gimmicks. Everyone should be really aware of this.
This will not happen if you always check the sources of your software. In most cases, people lose all that they have because of inattention.
Emilyp

Activity: 546

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 09:34:39 PM

The internet keeps getting more risky by the day, this is the reason I avoid visiting certain websites or using certain apps because you never can tell who is trying to steal from you.
bezzler

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 02:59:25 AM

This is so much helpful information, I've download torrent in sometimes, but usually i download torrent file in a separate device with the one that i used to store all my cryptocurrency wallet. I think it will be safe from the possibilities of that torrent malware.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: