Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:49:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What currency shall human use when colonizing Mars  (Read 11864 times)
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 07:33:48 PM

Mars won't be colonized for probably thousands of years. Too much money for very little benefit.

I am not too sure about that. The first manned mission may happen before 2030. Colonization is very difficult, given the climatic conditions. But as technology advances it may be made a reality. Taking an optimistic scenario, I would say that we may see human colonies in Mars by 2060 or 2070. If you want to think a bit more conservatively, then 2100 is a good target.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 09:49:47 PM

Everyone here is fantasizing and imagining that when people are going to be on mars are going to use cryptocurrency or bitcoin, and they forgot the most important things, A:that going to mars and actually establishing a community there is not going to be until a couple of decades and by then it could be canceled since we don't know if humans technically could live there we just have to experiment with it first, B: going to mars is not going to be cheap, its not like you are going to move up state, its going to be hell expensive we are talking about 6 billion dollars to just bring 4 people up there, and this whole idea was just made to make profit for whoever is going to take on this project and that means that they want actually fiat probably not the actual paper money but bank transfers.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
May 31, 2019, 10:05:39 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2019, 10:35:44 PM by FlightyPouch

Forget Mars. We need to focus on making our planet a better place to live in by improving energy efficiency etc.

Mars is the only habitable planet in the solar system, other than Earth, it is not possible scientist and other people that study this will ever forget or don't mind mars. I've read in the past that if the use of our resources continues, it would be depleted in 2050, it might be a assumption or hypothesis but all we know is that our resources will never stay the same. Even if human created another way for efficient energy, pollution and other things will happen and people will still colonise other planet and Mars is the first one.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
normanz
Copper Member

Activity: 327
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2019, 09:27:17 PM

Bitcoin is the currency of Mars, I think it's too high an imagination, bitcoin will only be a cryptocurrency in the world and it never occurred to me to be used on Mars.

HASHBON ROCKET
CDEX-CROSS-CHAIN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE PLATFORM
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2394
Merit: 253

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 02:26:07 AM

Bitcoin is the currency of Mars, I think it's too high an imagination, bitcoin will only be a cryptocurrency in the world and it never occurred to me to be used on Mars.
Didn't understand your statement clearly yet.Bitcoin is not the only currency we have and we already have many cryptos and still many digital currency even gold in digital forms so why you think that Bitcoin will be that one.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2019, 07:01:11 AM

Didn't understand your statement clearly yet.Bitcoin is not the only currency we have and we already have many cryptos and still many digital currency even gold in digital forms so why you think that Bitcoin will be that one.
same as the bitcoin price prediction, which in essence no one knows for sure, maybe he is based on the crypto currency that leads, so he can imagine bitcoin. I read Mars will be visited by mass starting in 2024
indrakusumaindra

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 05:44:23 PM

The first black hole picture reminds me Elon Musk's quote

Mars should really have great bars.

It made me wonder what currency shall we use in that bar on Mars. Will it be fiat or cryptocurrency? Will there be a heated fight whether the bar tender shall accept USD or RMB? Is there an ATM for converting AUD to BTC?

Full article is https://support.jinance.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/360000906595-What-currency-shall-human-use-when-colonizing-Mars
well cryptocurrency will be really good to start economy in mars, and i do think stable coins would be a good choices and it will be goes really well in mars.

cryptolord2077

Activity: 1064
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 04, 2019, 11:08:33 PM

I doubt that at the initial stages of the colonization of Mars in general any currency would be appropriate. Colonists must have everything they need in free access for the effective accomplishment of their tasks.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 05:07:58 AM

An interesting topic, but not yet timely. When Mars is colonized, the question of money, I think, will not stand at all. In any case, the cryptocurrency is hardly suitable for this. It can be used in a developed society, and in the conditions of its formation, barter or any other common eternal values such as gold, a rare source of energy or something like that will be most suitable.
befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 06:27:13 AM

I watched movies about natural disasters, when the earth exploded, the people still brought money to continue spending on Mars. so I think fiat money in countries is still applied normally.
then money matters no longer, the most important issue is to create life in Mars.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
armarsterling7

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 06:58:30 AM

The first black hole picture reminds me Elon Musk's quote

Mars should really have great bars.

It made me wonder what currency shall we use in that bar on Mars. Will it be fiat or cryptocurrency? Will there be a heated fight whether the bar tender shall accept USD or RMB? Is there an ATM for converting AUD to BTC?

Full article is https://support.jinance.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/360000906595-What-currency-shall-human-use-when-colonizing-Mars
When all of us transfer to Mars, I think there will be no internet that can help us to exploit coins and electricity, so we cannot meet the transaction and access the website.
There, we actually took many years to rebuild a new earth. We must exploit as workers and seek resources for the new earth. Those are the challenges that we need to overcome before thinking about which currency to use.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
CASTIEL05

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 05, 2019, 12:20:31 PM

Talking with this today, seems impossible. Why not assure first that we can really be able to live in Mars? Then, we can plan for living there. Our currency in earth value more the fiat than digital currency. Since we started from traditional economy in our history. Who knows that if we will have a chance to live there we can be rich by exploring the hidden minerals esp. Gold

Vishnu.Reang

Activity: 1974
Merit: 453

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2019, 12:44:06 PM

I watched movies about natural disasters, when the earth exploded, the people still brought money to continue spending on Mars. so I think fiat money in countries is still applied normally.
then money matters no longer, the most important issue is to create life in Mars.
but someone can bring anything that they value valuable, and not necessarily fiat money will be useful there, because everything depends on the situation and conditions. just like during a war, where money has no value

Those early pioneers who plan on colonizing Mars will be the citizens of some UN member state, right? In that case, what prevents them from using fiat currency? Unless the territory in Mars declare itself as an independent nation and mints its own national currency, the fiat currencies such as US Dollar and Euro may remain as the preferred mode for payments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: