Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:14:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mistake you should avoid when holding your Altcoins  (Read 24195 times)
tranquangvinh

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:43:04 PM

Early 2018 I had different altcoins via bounties, airdrops and small investment in ICOs. But the major mistake I made was waiting for bull run to come so I could sell and make large profit. But atlast the bull run never came. So I had to keep hodling till I got stocked in the Bear market.

I think you all should learn from my mistakes and never wait for bull run because nobody knows when the bull is coming because of the volatility of the market. Sell when you have decent profit and not waiting till you have a large profit. Thanks

My case is like you, I didn't sell my coin and wait for the bull market and now I have to become a holder even though I don't really want to be, hoping the bull market will soon come
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fuer44

Activity: 1638
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 02:46:08 PM

fud is an important thing to avoid when we use a coin. for example we are hodl etherum for the long term and then a news appears that vitalik butterin will come out and then etherum will be destroyed, then we sell etherum even though the price is still low and cut loss. this is not true and should be avoided, whatever is called fud is an attempt to make a big dump, so keep the hodl waiting for the pump.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 02:59:28 PM

Early 2018 I had different altcoins via bounties, airdrops and small investment in ICOs. But the major mistake I made was waiting for bull run to come so I could sell and make large profit. But atlast the bull run never came. So I had to keep hodling till I got stocked in the Bear market.

I think you all should learn from my mistakes and never wait for bull run because nobody knows when the bull is coming because of the volatility of the market. Sell when you have decent profit and not waiting till you have a large profit. Thanks

My case is like you, I didn't sell my coin and wait for the bull market and now I have to become a holder even though I don't really want to be, hoping the bull market will soon come
But it will be much better for us to release some of out portfolios and then try to get more profit from the marke. The bull market can't be predicted and that means there was no estimation about when that will come to recover the price of crypto.
trash321

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:04:17 PM

It seems to me that we still need to understand that there is a time when it is better to sell, and there is a time when you need to buy, that is, you need to constantly rotate the cryptocurrency and do it all the time, so to speak now about what I have done is not so late.
CaptainKid

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:18:26 PM

I was in the same situation as you. In the end of 2017, when there was a big rise in prices on the cryptocurrency market, I had high expectations, and I kept my coins, in the hope that their price would continue to grow, but the situation only worsened and their price decreased. Now I have sold some of them, significantly lower than the price that was, the rest I hold. Therefore, I also learned a lesson that gave me a bear market.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:19:16 PM

Many people have different opinion about holding coin. While some are holding just to make quick profit some are really investing in a project that has potential of being big in the future. A lot have been said about bull run and if you are one of those waiting for bull run, you will have to wait forever. Investing in crypto is not do or die affair. Do not invest because you want to make quick profit all else you we be disappointed. Always invest for a long time gain. Even as many project have lost their value more than 1000%, you should not be surprise some of them will not even rise well if bull runs start
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:35:55 PM

At the time when my friends were holding tokens I sold these tokens and now I regret only that I did not sell everything. It is worth noting that some coins did a large percentage after the bounty and just such coins I keep.
travwill

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 03:43:54 PM

Practice shows that in a bear market it is best to sell the received coins on time.
Unfortunately, most of the coins of new projects will fall in price several times before the next bullish run, and probably will never recover.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:04:00 PM

That is the hardest part when you are holding a newly listed ICO project because you'll never know when it is pumped again. It is being normal that after listed in exchange it will dump because of the hunters will sell their shares. Good thing if the owner of that project having a buyback, you will know which better you think that profitable to hold. Be smart and do research if you are holding the coin and stick into their community group to know the progress and the latest update.

anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 04:08:55 PM

This is not only your own experience but also mine and many people. In a gloomy market today, it is better to sell when you feel the price is acceptable. It is different from holding coins and waiting in the bull run market.

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
der_troll

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:12:58 PM

I do not think that it was a failure. I am making the same. I have participated in a lot of bounty programmes and I am still holding 70 percent of all my earnings, because it does not make any sense to sell you hard earned tokens below the token sale price. Keep holding.
rricksu

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:17:54 PM

Mistake is letting you lose your investment in a lower price or basically lose it since you sell it in a very cheap price in compared to the initial price you buy it at the first place in joining the cryptocurrency space.

✦ ───    OATHs.io  ─── ✦
▌▐ ────  BLOCKCHAIN DISPUTE RESOLUTION & GOVERNANCE PROTOCOL  ──── ▌▐
masterzino

Activity: 1218
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 06:25:17 PM

I made the same mistake in 2018 with projects like DRGN and AIX, but I think I learned my lesson the hard way.
A month or two ago I decided to sell all those losers and never look back at. Then I decided to focus my time, energy and money on new projects, doing more due diligence.

karsy

Activity: 383

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 06:41:04 PM

I don't agree with you. As for me, I have enough spare time so I can easily participate in bounties. And I'm ready to wait a few years before I'll earn really huge money from bounty.

therhslv

Activity: 1022
Merit: 264

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 06:44:16 PM

I don't agree with you. As for me, I have enough spare time so I can easily participate in bounties. And I'm ready to wait a few years before I'll earn really huge money from bounty.

Thats what im doing aswell Smiley Just trying to accumulate as many as i can from alot of projects . Hopefully i will hit one that will be in top10 coinmarketcap . I can wait few years and see where it goes
max6575

Activity: 1176

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 07:02:29 PM

to work on decision as investors to collects of return as expending use of spares on possession with the resource and funds on exchange and manage to lasts as the terms of plan with the business on crypto finance.

avonka

Activity: 512
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 11:27:49 PM

Taking the profit is important as holding your altcoins during the bearish market is very risky, especially if you hold non established one.  Their value could go down near to zero.
bisdak40

Activity: 2268
Merit: 547

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 11:36:02 PM

It is your choice on when you will sell your tokens/coins. There are those people that experienced the same as yours but there are those also that gain more profit though holding. Bottom line here is that you should monitor the price movement on the market and monitor also the development of the project because that is what will drive the price on the market in my opinion. 
tranthiky

Activity: 200
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 11:52:47 PM

I am in the same condition as you. I got and bought a few tokens and waited to raise prices. But everything goes against my hope. In 2018 was a bad year for crypto. It has made the holders lose too much money and hope.

[ M O B U ] The Investment Bank of the Future
The Security Token Protocol and Licensed Security Token Exchange
https://mobu.io/
mailklue

Activity: 490

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 11:55:56 PM

we have to know the market conditions before deciding to sell coins, in 2018 there was a different bearish situation in 2017 which experienced bullish, so it doesn't need to be regrettable because this is part of an experience that will lead to future success.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: