Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:58:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: akamit account hacked  (Read 687 times)
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2018, 10:29:33 PM

I'm managing a bounty campaign currently and I'm facing difficulties after my account hacked.

I need to edit the OP...  Sad

I would like to know, is it possible if I send a PM to Theymos now to look the case before the 2 weeks time frame ends? On 24th July the two weeks timeframe will end. Most importantly how seriously Theymos will react in this case.

The situation for me will become worse I think if it really takes over a month to get back my account. Any suggestion?
I know your feelings, but fact that you're managing bounties aren't making you more important than people who are waiting for account recovery for many months or even years. There are no secret way to reach theymos faster. But you can try to contact Cyrus if you haven't tried until now. But there are no guarantees to get fast answer.

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16578

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 08:03:59 AM

I'm managing a bounty campaign currently and I'm facing difficulties after my account hacked.

I need to edit the OP...  Sad
A (Global?) Mod may be able to help you out with editing, if you can provide a signed message confirming this.
Or: create a new thread, post a link to the new thread in your old thread, and sign a message asking a Mod to lock the old thread.

I would like to know, is it possible if I send a PM to Theymos now to look the case before the 2 weeks time frame ends? On 24th July the two weeks timeframe will end. Most importantly how seriously Theymos will react in this case.
From what I've seen, it's very unlikely to get your account back quickly.

LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 07:36:54 AM

There's no need for red trust if the account has been locked already. Unless you want it as a warning to others, so I'll do it anyway.
OP asked me to remove my red trust (on his locked account), as it's damaging his reputation. It wasn't needed in the first place, so I've replaced it with a neutral tag.

Requesting DT members to provide negative trust as soon as possible and keep the rating until I recover my account.
You may want to change this request too.

akamit-account-hacked (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 11:12:12 AM

There's no need for red trust if the account has been locked already. Unless you want it as a warning to others, so I'll do it anyway.
OP asked me to remove my red trust (on his locked account), as it's damaging his reputation. It wasn't needed in the first place, so I've replaced it with a neutral tag.

Requesting DT members to provide negative trust as soon as possible and keep the rating until I recover my account.
You may want to change this request too.

Thanks Loyce for your kind support.

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 01:08:11 PM

Two weeks now passed and its time to send a PM to Theymos.

Should I need to sign a new msg before PMing Theymos or the old one is enough? Please suggest!
I just don't want to make any mistake here, as the account recovery thing is like getting the moon in your hand.

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:58:16 PM

After spending

2 years 5 months 7 days
or 29 months 7 days
or 126 weeks 6 days
or 888 days
or 21,312 hours
or 1,278,720 minutes
or 76,723,200 seconds

with this community I'm like an orphan now.  Sad

Big B Theymos is silent, no sign of getting my account back.  Cry

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 03:07:09 PM

It is now 11 days less till 2 months that my account got hacked and still no sign of recovering the account.
The pain is in the last stage and I can't tolerate anymore.

Theymos & Cyrus is our guardians here and they are always silent about this recovering issue.  Sad

Now I'm regretting why I took the bounty manager's job... If I had realized that this type of issue may rise than I would not have taken bounty manager's job.

I love my reputation more than money... It is not only a saying here but I'm also very sensitive about my reputation in my real life.
No one knows me here personally and still, I'm burning like hell when I think that my reputation will be harmed seriously in near future.

Ohhh God, show me a way or do some magic spell on Theymos & Cyrus.  Embarrassed
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 08:57:46 AM

It is now 11 days less till 2 months that my account got hacked and still no sign of recovering the account.
The pain is in the last stage and I can't tolerate anymore.

Theymos & Cyrus is our guardians here and they are always silent about this recovering issue.  Sad

Now I'm regretting why I took the bounty manager's job... If I had realized that this type of issue may rise than I would not have taken bounty manager's job.

I love my reputation more than money... It is not only a saying here but I'm also very sensitive about my reputation in my real life.
No one knows me here personally and still, I'm burning like hell when I think that my reputation will be harmed seriously in near future.

Ohhh God, show me a way or do some magic spell on Theymos & Cyrus.  Embarrassed

Its unfortunate what you have to face in the process of recovering your account which no one can say for sure when its going to happen because I have read severally how people wait for months and some running into years in other to get their account back. I would not want you to beat yourself to hard by claiming its because you are a bounty manager, there are several bounties manager that are still in control of their account and more importantly there is nothing that can be done on your end.

This is also lending of voice to others that have clamored on the more delegation of duty especially on the part of recovery of account to a more high ranked and trusted member of the forum that would make it faster for any verified account to be restored to its due owner after passing some test to determine its eligibility.

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:37:46 PM

I really miss my account.  Sad

It's already 3 months passed away without recovery.  Angry

I just hope it will not take 3 years to recover my account, which will be a big joke.

Theymos, can you add a headbang emo, please?

View Profile
December 10, 2018, 01:58:13 AM
Merited by bones261 (1)

Celebrating 5 months of my account hack!
I should name it "BTCT account hack day"

How many of you started to celebrate your "BTCT account hack day" within 5 months?
If your answer is YES then Welcome to the celebration party... CHEERS!

Mr. Theymos I'm still waiting for the gift...
Now you have to gift me for two purposes... 1. Christmas 2. "BTCT account hack day"
You haven't sent any gift last 4 months and I hope you will send in this 5th month.

At least show some responsibility.

A suggestion for everyone
"Use a password with at least 29 characters. Try to avoid dictionary words, your name, dob, easy to guess words. Use a combination of upper case, lower case & special character".

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 09:27:45 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2019, 10:15:01 PM by akamit-account-hacked

"BTCT account hack day"
Celebrating 6th month of my account hack!

Those who are wounded by the hackers should be compensated.
But who will compensate and how  Huh  Roll Eyes

If I knew how to hack BTCT account then I would have hacked Mr. Theymos's account to recover my account within a few minutes maybe.
But I'm a very polite person, so that's why I would have given back his account later.
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2019, 09:33:50 PM

Have you read Recovering hacked/lost accounts and Account recoveries are moving again?

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 10:14:20 PM

Thanks Loyce for the info.

I didn't know about it -
let me work now to get my account back. I'm very excited, and I just hope it won't take months to recover my account.
akamit

Activity: 1484
Merit: 595

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 05:58:16 PM
Merited by LoyceV (1)

Finally, after 6 months and 20 days I got my account back.

That's,
29 weeks 1 day
or 204 days
or 4,896 hours
or 293,760 minutes
or 17,625,600 seconds

Yes, that's a long time I've waited for my account. I'm really very much happy today:)

Maybe some people out there waited more than me and I hope they already got back their account.

A small suggestion to all those who suffered, including me, PROTECT YOUR ACCOUNT HARD or BE READY TO SUFFER AGAIN!
Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 06:25:08 PM

~snip~
New recovery system actually works. Kiss

Reach the DT members who tagged you when the account was hacked and bring back your reputation here again. Cool

Good luck!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███