Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 05:17:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Negative trust for bad posting.  (Read 800 times)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 02:27:29 PM

we can argue about this forever, but trust system should be based on TRADE related stuff only (a person who is a scammer, likely scammer or  trustworthy).
True but you know bitcointalk forum is bigger than we think and it's not possible to check whether the feedback is for a trade or not. A lot of resources will be needed just to maintain if there are any rules for leaving feedback. It will be like recovering accounts, in fact, it will be more worst than it. That's why I think the current system is okay. No fixed rule but some limitation like one is what JC has mentioned here.

Except the system is supposed to be designed to help noobs not get ripped off right? They already are put in a situation of having to check if ratings are for trade or not. You don't think this ambiguity is confusing and might lead to people getting ripped off as a result of the need to blanket every pet peeve with a negative rating? Having a rule doesn't require a lot of resources, in fact it will require less because there will not be as much disagreement over which ratings are acceptable, ending most disputes before they even happen because either it falls within the rules or it doesn't. The only time mediation would be needed of any kind, community or otherwise, is if they are not providing evidence to support their rating.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kd100

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

♥kd100♥ https://discord.gg/HYGnfbm

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 09:20:04 PM

Well it is more work for the mods, and unless the guy gets an explanation, then he won't know what he did wrng, and may even start a thread on the Meta board.

Hopefully this action may serve as a warning to other newbies. I can always remove it if he contacts me, or if people think it is not a good thing for me to do.

Report to moderators and/or send a PM to the user explaining what they did wrong. I think it's not a good thing for you to do Smiley
I totally agree with you;) Some new member also don't read the rules and this is a bit extreme.

_Miracle

Activity: 904
Merit: 655

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2019, 11:25:00 PM

Jet Cash,
I agree that those types of posts degrade the forum. Yes, negative trust is too extreme, I'm glad you took it back.
I'm in the group that thinks trust ratings should be tied to direct trade experiences.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 6328

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
January 25, 2019, 11:39:16 PM

there are only a few DT members, not much resources to be used here, when we have a clear rule that says for example

(DT users you are not allowed to tag someone for anything that is not related to trade and scam)

then when and if someone get's tagged for using the word lemon, that DT member will be in deep shit, but now, we have no rules, so everyone can tag everyone for every reason on planet earth, and when they try to appeal, what rules/law will the community use to judge ? it's like going to the court whereby the judge does not have any law or rules to use and his judgment might very well depend on what was his breakfast.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
lobcmt2

Activity: 462
Merit: 155

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 03:20:32 AM

Jet Cash,
I agree that those types of posts degrade the forum. Yes, negative trust is too extreme, I'm glad you took it back.
I'm in the group that thinks trust ratings should be tied to direct trade experiences.
Trust points should be use for following violation cases:
- Scamming efforts: including accounts of scam projects, or users try scamming others with trades, and so on.
- Exchanging trust points in order to build up pseudo-trusted accounts.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2445

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2019, 08:26:39 AM

Once again, thank to everybody for their replies and constructive comments. The sharper amongst you will have realised that my negative trust, and the starting of this thread, was intended to make posters aware of the damage they do to their images by the misuse of quotes. Red trust is an extreme penalty, but it does draw attention to the damage that the lazy use of quoting does to the boards.

Hopefully the lazy and inconsiderate posters will become aware of the other penalties that result from their actions.

- Their post may be skipped as readers may not have time to hunt for their replies.
- The full quotation is probably an indication of a lack of substance in the reply
- Full quotes are often used by those with extremely limited command of English.
- The member shows a lack of consideration for other members.
- The member may be placed on ignore by those who prefer to read quality posts.
- Bounty managers may become aware that excessive quoting may reduce the number of signature impressions for the poster.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Kopyleft

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 08:43:12 AM

Hopefully the lazy and inconsiderate posters will become aware of the other penalties that result from their actions.

Most are aware of the consequences but are only interested in fulfilling their post counts if they have can wear a signature. The few correctable ones would takes down notes and make adjustments.

The sharper amongst you will have realised that my negative trust, and the starting of this thread, was intended to make posters aware of the damage they do...

I think almost everyone got the idea, it was just wrong to red tag the user. Attention can be drawn using other means. The message has been passed now, surely

TalkStar
Copper Member

Activity: 1204
Merit: 737

✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2019, 01:12:09 PM

Once again, thank to everybody for their replies and constructive comments. The sharper amongst you will have realised that my negative trust, and the starting of this thread, was intended to make posters aware of the damage they do to their images by the misuse of quotes. Red trust is an extreme penalty, but it does draw attention to the damage that the lazy use of quoting does to the boards.

- Their post may be skipped as readers may not have time to hunt for their replies.
- The full quotation is probably an indication of a lack of substance in the reply
- Full quotes are often used by those with extremely limited command of English.
- The member shows a lack of consideration for other members.
- The member may be placed on ignore by those who prefer to read quality posts.
- Bounty managers may become aware that excessive quoting may reduce the number of signature impressions for the poster.
Totally agree with you.These are the exact reason IMO, As a member of this forum i beleive its not a place to share meaningless topic. Every single member of the forum wants to learn something new everyday. Basically red trust will remind them to think before posting again.

▄██████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████████▀

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

.KUCOIN LISTING WORKFLOW.
.KUCOIN COMPANY PROFILE..

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 01:14:25 PM

Something wrong with this picture.

DT is shown

1. evidence of another DT lying in black and white = no action
2. evidence of another DT abusing the trust system= no action
3. evidence of another DT deviously creating sock puppets to racist troll for btc dust = praise for that person
4. someone makes a post that is annoying  = gives red trust?

okay

Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2445

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2019, 01:18:42 PM

I vote that we create pink trust for crypto hunters. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 26, 2019, 01:37:09 PM

I vote that we create pink trust for crypto hunters. Smiley

I see... people presenting facts that prove wrongdoing by DT members get pink trust.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: