Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:24:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: COBINHOOD – Zero trading fee cryptocurrency exchange | Terms and new offers  (Read 189 times)
EugeneReigns (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

Express Gratitude With Merit

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 03:53:38 PM

I think, everybody at least heard of such cryptocurrency exchange as COBINHOOD. It definitely attracted a lot of attention during the announcement of its ICO. The cornerstone advantage of this exchange is that it charges no trading fees. Sure thing, such an offer aroused the interest of lots of traders and crypto enthusiasts. Everybody was concerned how the exchange is going to gain profit from this kind of trading and how is going to be ensured volatility of the market, as well as its price formation.

Although COBINHOOD’s ICO went very well as it collected 45,254 ETH (~13,200,000$ at that time), the launch of its activity wasn’t that successful as it ought to be. The exchange couldn’t attract the required number of traders. I think, mostly because of the scandal that took place during its ICO. If I am not mistaken, project’s CEO Popo Chen was accused of selling COB tokens with 150% discount to pre-ICO participants. Despite the fact that he later apologized, the reputation and trust to this project have already been lost.

This situation definitely had a negative impact on the development of the exchange. Since its launch, very few traders joined it and the platform couldn’t attract significant capital. Today the majority of people refuse to join COBINHOOD because it has very low trade volume.

After the first bad start, the COBINHOOD team took some time to analyze its mistakes and now came back with interesting and beneficial offers aiming to increase the number of its traders. And to say honestly, the volume of trades slowly but surely started to grow. Moreover, I initiated a discussion on Bitcointalk (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3161613.0) to find out the opinion of people who are already trading on it, and, although I couldn’t find a lot of them, those who answered, expressed their satisfaction with the services of this exchange.

The key benefits of COBINHOOD

1. Zero Trading Fee. In order to maximize trader’s profits, COBINHOOD charges no fees for trading on its platform.
2. Secure Deposit. COBINHOOD stores the vast majority of the crypto assets deposits in an offline multi-signature vault, which requires 5 out of 8 geo-distributed hardware security modules to open. Furthermore, crypto assets stored in online wallets are backed by insurance.
3. High-Performance Order Matching Engine. COBINHOOD's proprietary order matching engine can process millions of orders with sub-millisecond latency.

Withdrawal fees

Since COBINHOOD has no trading fees, it charges a little bit higher withdrawal fees. But, personally, I can’t see anything aggravating in these terms. If you are trading with no trading fees, then you can afford to spend a little more on withdrawal commissions. If you are investing significant amounts and have good trading skills, then won’t even notice these fees.

So, COBINHOOD’s withdrawal fees are following: 0.001 for BTC (0.0005 BTC at Binance), 0.007 for ETH (0.01 ETH at Binance), 20 USD for USDT (7.8 USDT at Binance), the equivalent amount of 8.4 USD for ERC-20 tokens and the equivalent amount of 3 USD for QRC-20.

Withdrawal limits

COBINHOOD has three levels of withdrawal limits. The first level gives you the opportunity to withdraw up to 3 BTC a day without the need to undergo verification. I have to mention that it is even better than Binance allows (2 BTC).
The second level requires full verification and opens the possibility to withdraw up to 100 BTC a day.
The third level is VIP. COBINHOOD doesn’t give any explanations concerning its terms, but I think it is subject to negotiations with the administration of the exchange and is granted on the personal agreement.

Trading amount restrictions

Before making deposits at COBINHOOD, you should know that it is not an area for those who like to trade small amounts. The minimum trading amount per transaction is equivalent to 30$ and the maximum – 1 million dollars. Thus, if you’ll have less than equivalent to 30$ you won’t be able to place a trading order. Always keep that in mind in order not to get in a situation when you won’t be able to use your assets.

How does COBINHOOD earn profit?

The founders of the exchange claim that they earn profit from providing services like Underwriting ICOs. Every company and startup can use its services to launch and conduct a successful ICO. COBINHOOD provides its client-companies with immediate token-listing, assistance in technology development, public relations management, strategic marketing communications, advertisement support and legal assistance. And must admit, COBINHOOD team really knows what they are doing. They are real professionals, who provide comprehensive ICO underwriting services, specializing in fundraising tactics to make ICO successful.

The competence of this team prove results of its activities. Since the launch of COBINHOOD, it raised 129,400 ETH (~53,528,898$). Quite impressive! Recently COBINHOOD helped CyberMiles to conduct their ICO and their fundraising and marketing strategy turned out to be so successful that it out its tokens in just 48 hours. CyberMiles raised 84,146 ETH (~30,000,000$).

Currently, COBINHOOD is patronizing MoxyOne ICO, the company aiming to solve the issue of cryptocurrency – fiat exchange forever. And it almost collected its softcap.

Looks like using COBINHOOD is a good idea to hold an ICO, especially if you promote an innovative and important product to modern market. A significant advantage is that after ICO the company tokens will automatically be listed at COBINHOOD exchange, and the token holders and bounty contributors will be able to sell and buy received tokens of the above-mentioned project at reliable, secure and mobile cryptocurrency exchange, not at some obscure exchanges as EtherDelta, ForkDelta, Yobit, etc.

New offers

After the unsuccessful start, COBINHOOD has developed and taken various steps to attract new clients to its platform in order to solve the issue of low trading volume. It launched a lot of interesting promotions and beneficial offers.

Candy Machine

First of all, COBINHOOD created Candy Machine, which rewards traders for the accomplishment of trading tasks. In order to use Candy Machine user has to receive tickets to spin it. The quantity of spins depends on the number of available tickets.

There are two ways to receive these tickets. First, you can receive 1 ticket daily for making a trade (placing buy/sell, market/limit order in any trading pair). At the Airdrop Center you can find the available trading missions and accomplish it, as they are not that complicated. Second, you can receive tickets for Candy Machine when you bring your friends to COBINHOOD. In this case, you and your friend receive a ticket.
Participating in the spinning of Candy Machine you can win BTC.

Completing simple trading missions at the Airdrop Center users can earn not only Candy Machine tickets but also take part in Airdrop of the coin that is required to be traded in the task.

Trading Contests

At the same time, COBINHOOD holds separate Trading Contests. When listing new tokens and not only in that case, COBINHOOD suggests trading contests, like Binance. But despite Binance, at COBINHOOD winning the contest is more realistic and easier.

Recently Lympo, Bread, and ArcBlock trading contests have finished. Currently, new trading contests are available for following coins: CrowdGenie, Datawallet, and Bodhi. For example, Datawallet trading contest prize pool estimates 1,350,000 DXT. The winner will receive 600,000 DXT (today ~18,000$), 2nd place – 300,000 DXT (~9,000$), 3rd place – 100,000 DXT (~3,000$), 4th-10th place – 50,000 DXT/each (~1,500$). As we can see COBINHOOD makes quite profitable offers.

Codinghood Contest

Currently is still available Codinghood Contest, in which the exchange will distribute 20,000 COB in total for the best and most creative ways of using the COBINHOOD API.

Referral Program

In order to increase its trade volume and client base, COBINHOOD offers an interesting Referral program.
If you invite 1 friend to the exchange and he creates a new account and makes his first deposit, you both receive 1 Candy Machine ticket each, with the chance to win BTC. If your invited friend passes second level verification, each of you receives 10 Candy Machine tickets.

Having analyzed all the features and multiple beneficial offers of COBINHOOD exchange, I came to a conclusion that, although at the moment it has low trading volume, it makes all the necessary and right steps to change this situation and increase its customers base by rewarding its loyal users, who help them develop the exchange.

Personally, I am not confused about the volume of this platform, as for me the most important thing in the choice of exchange is its reliability and security. And as far as I can see, it has all these features.

I think, that trading on COBINHOOD can be very profitable in long-term and invest significant amounts. In this case, you won’t even notice its withdrawal fees.

I created an account at this exchange long ago but didn’t make any deposits yet because currently, I don’t have any free assets. But as soon as I get it, I will definitely start trading at COBINHOOD. Currently, it is a good place to trade Tron, Ethereum, Bodhi, Lympo, CrowdGenie, and Cobinhood without trading fees, as these coins have the highest rates of trading volume.

DISCLAIMER: This post is not an advertisement for the described product. It is the analysis of advantages and disadvantages of COBINHOOD written for informative purposes only. I don’t call anybody to trade on this exchange but only provide information and my personal thoughts concerning this project. I am not reliable for decisions you make based on the information provided.

More information on COBINHOOD:

Referral link: https://cobinhood.com/home?referrerId=b9401b14-382c-40c9-b632-dd22fac1c73d
Non-referral link: https://cobinhood.com/

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
https://uchain.world/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lernerz

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 04:25:46 PM

I am sorry, but my opinion that usual centralized exchange. Scrolled volumes of trade, gradually, the commission for trade will increase. Then follows the tightening of rules and the introduction of rules to Know Your Client. It will be necessary to pass authorization and give your personal data to third parties.
tora

Activity: 532
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:17:19 PM

The high withdrawal fees would definitely be a turn-off for me despite no trading fees. How do you think Yobit,one of the largest exchanges,is an obscure exchange?
EugeneReigns (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:38:40 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2018, 07:45:30 PM by EugeneReigns

I am sorry, but my opinion that usual centralized exchange. Scrolled volumes of trade, gradually, the commission for trade will increase. Then follows the tightening of rules and the introduction of rules to Know Your Client. It will be necessary to pass authorization and give your personal data to third parties.

Yeah, agree on volume issues and that it is the centralized exchange, but people already trading there have no complaints, especially if you support nowadays hype of buying and trading TRON, people make a good income there.
KYC is a usual thing nowadays and will become more widespread when international community decides how to regulate cryptocurrency. You won't able to avoid KYC and verifications forever. And personally, I don't see anything bad in it. Poloniex requires obligatory verification, I passed it, nothing to be afraid of. Moreover, if you withdraw less than 3 BTC a day, you don't even need to undergo verification. And it is even bigger than at Binance, as I mentioned it in the post.
Again, every exchange has its pluses and minuses. I just sharing detailed information about the terms of this exchange.
Personally, I use and trust Binance but consider COBINHOOD as trading platform for some new popular coins, as they offer a lot of contests and airdrops there, as I was describing in the article.

UCHAIN
The Next Generation Distributed Smart Network: Blockchain for the Sharing Economy
EugeneReigns (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 06:50:35 PM

The high withdrawal fees would definitely be a turn-off for me despite no trading fees. How do you think Yobit,one of the largest exchanges,is an obscure exchange?

As I compared withdrawal with fees with Binance, they are really not that high. We spend ten times more on trading fees than on withdrawal.
Yobit is mainly for Russian and related countries. Users use it because they created simple ways of depositing and withdrawal for these countries. And still traders that respect themselves never use unreliable exchanges like this. Deposit fees, high withdrawal fees, trading fees, a lot of funds disappearing and not paid. People screaming all over the internet that they deceive clients. Considered it when I only began to trade but at that time a lot of negative information an reviews were around it, so I decided to stay away from it.

UCHAIN
tora

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 04:38:22 PM

I have no funds in Yobit but have used it in the past with no problem. That was not my issue. I askeked how you claim it is obscure. Ask members on here to list exchanges they have heard of or used and Yobit would be high on list so it is well-known and not obscure.
EugeneReigns (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:09:33 AM

I have no funds in Yobit but have used it in the past with no problem. That was not my issue. I askeked how you claim it is obscure. Ask members on here to list exchanges they have heard of or used and Yobit would be high on list so it is well-known and not obscure.

Saying "obscure" I meant shady, unreliable and maybe a little scammy. In my opinion, it is similar to Ukrainian exchange Exmo. A lot of people are saying that it is a good exchange, with various ways to deposit and withdraw fiat money directly at the exchange. But I suspect that the majority who say these things are just advertising it, `cause they get bonuses for spreading a good word about these exchanges. The majority of the experienced traders will never advise you trading there. The internet is full of messages that people paying such high withdrawal fees at these exchanges, never get their money.

One more thing why Yobit is a bad choice is that people use it to deceive people by artificially pumping certain coins. There are a lot of pump channels where they suggest to make x2-x10 in half an hour and call their subscribers upon buying some coin at Yobit and pump it together. But the thing is that only founders of these groups make the profit thanks to purchases made by their subscribers. I personally tried it and made sure. Therefore, I don't consider it as a legit exchange, it is more like a platform for shady and scammy manipulations with coins.

But that's my personal opinion. Maybe I am too rough. But I am very sceptical and distrustful towards the exchanges which deceive people. We investing there money, for me this is very serious. And invest only on those exchanges where I know is a good service, support, where you know you'll receive your money anyway.

UCHAIN
tora

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 03:44:48 PM

You have a different definition of "obscure". In UK obscure is taken to mean that it is not well known or in the highlights. I leave to everyone to make their own minds about how good or bad Yobit is.
EugeneReigns (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 06:29:00 PM

You have a different definition of "obscure". In UK obscure is taken to mean that it is not well known or in the highlights. I leave to everyone to make their own minds about how good or bad Yobit is.

Hm...interesting... are you from UK?
I see. I was using it in the meaning that there is no common opinion whether it is good or bad, but some shady activities are constantly seen there.
Totally agree with you.

UCHAIN
valid46

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 11:09:55 PM

It's been a month since your mobile apps were released, right? I read all about COBINHOOD on this other website I don't remember the name of.
Still using your apps. Keep on keeping on! Great work
DiniazRosa

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

ICO starting on 16th of April!

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:03:53 AM

Don't deposite yours fund to this exchange, because they having really really high withdraw fee. It's definite higher Bittrex trading fee + withdraw fee. This exchange have 0 trading fee but they get more in withdraw fee, so be carefull with this exchange.

》  ZPER  ▐|   DECENTRALIZED ECOSYSTEM for P2P FINANCE
◣   Whitepaper   ◤   Main-sale 16th Apr   ◥   One Pager   ◢
▐|    Facebook   ||   Twitter   ||   Telegram   ||   Youtube    |▌
elitecstrike

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 17, 2019, 04:29:56 PM

Five Keys to Unlock the Doors to Blockchain | Blockchain 101
The five characteristics for a better in-depth understanding of blockchain
https://medium.com/cobinhood/five-keys-blockchain-3d1902118602
Pages: [1]