Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:36:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: proof of authentication  (Read 806 times)
pepethecool (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 08:16:08 PM

Hi, I've been looking in the begginers topic and I didn't find anything about the subject, so,  what is a proof of authentication post?
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 09:23:39 PM
Merited by khaled0111 (1), Alone055 (1)

Proof of autentication is a means by which a campaign or airdrop asks you to create a post providing certain information which generally you are also asked to provide in a form upon signing-up to the campaign or airdrop.

For example, you may be asked to join a specific telegram group for a stake in a campaign, and then fill-in a form providing your telegram name, bitcointalk profile, bitcointalk name and ETH address. To prove that it was really you who provided the data, you are sometimes required to post a message in the campaign thread providing a required subset of the former provided information such as telegram name, bitcointalk profile and bitcointalk username in a given format.
Campaign manager will cross-reference the data before approving campaign stake rights.

I.e.

#Join-#Proof of authentication
Bitcointalk username: xxxxxxx
Bitcointalk profile link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=Xxxxxxxxx
Telegram profile link: @Xxxxx
pepethecool (OP)

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 01:15:02 AM

Proof of autentication is a means by which a campaign or airdrop asks you to create a post providing certain information which generally you are also asked to provide in a form upon signing-up to the campaign or airdrop.

For example, you may be asked to join a specific telegram group for a stake in a campaign, and then fill-in a form providing your telegram name, bitcointalk profile, bitcointalk name and ETH address. To prove that it was really you who provided the data, you are sometimes required to post a message in the campaign thread providing a required subset of the former provided information such as telegram name, bitcointalk profile and bitcointalk username in a given format.
Campaign manager will cross-reference the data before approving campaign stake rights.

I.e.

Bitcointalk profile link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=Xxxxxxxxx

I see... Thank you, it's a shame I don't know how to merit you up
manik1996

Activity: 41

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:22:31 AM

Proof of authentication means actually woner proof, many people join fake identity so kill this system.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 02:51:03 PM

I.e.

Actually, merit is quite difficult to achieve. Checkout the META section of bitcoint talk. There's a good pinned post there called "FAQ: Everything you need to know about forum activity, account ranks and merit" . 
Basically you need to earn merit in order to be able to give merit to someone else (sMerit is the merit you give away, derived from the amount of merit you have). You can give away 1 sMerit for every 2 Merit that you gain.

Anyway, glad to have been of help.
Kopyleft

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

Future of Security Tokens

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 05:09:11 AM

You need to earn at least two merits to get one sendable merit (smerits). For every additional merit you get, you are rewarded with smerits amounting to 50% of the total merits received.

Proof of autentication is a means...

It is a very good way of catching imposters, who try to claim rewards of others. KYC is also a good alternative.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: