Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:24:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheapest way to get Ledger Nano S ?  (Read 8785 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6120

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 04:23:30 PM

The shipping could be high due to import tariffs being passed on to consumers.

(I don't know if this is true btw.)

I heard it from a brazilian who said brazil's import tariffs made it impossible to order things online, without paying a ridiculous sum of money.

If its true, buying a ledger nano s, could be a question of how to best avoid those import tariffs.

It's not high because of that, they are offering only USP Express which have a high price by nature and that's the case for all countries. Unlike other countries, I don't have the ordinary shipping option on the website and that's the issue I'm facing right now.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:33:12 PM

The shipping could be high due to import tariffs being passed on to consumers.

(I don't know if this is true btw.)

I heard it from a brazilian who said brazil's import tariffs made it impossible to order things online, without paying a ridiculous sum of money.

If its true, buying a ledger nano s, could be a question of how to best avoid those import tariffs.

It's not high because of that, they are offering only USP Express which have a high price by nature and that's the case for all countries. Unlike other countries, I don't have the ordinary shipping option on the website and that's the issue I'm facing right now.

A quick google search found some info(bolded parts):

Import duty & taxes when importing into Algeria

Import duty and taxes are due when importing goods into Algeria by a private individual or a commercial entity. These are calculated on the CIF value, i.e. the sum of the value of the imported goods and the cost of shipping and insurance. In addition to duty, imports are subject to Sales Tax, and various product-specific taxes.
NB: Algeria is not a member of the WTO. Imports from non-WTO members into WTO Member States may be subject to higher duty rates than the MFN duty rates. While DutyCalculator does provide import duty and tax information for imports into Algeria, it does not cover information for imports from non-WTO members.

Duty Rates
Customs duty is levied at rates between 0% and 30%, with most products subject to the highest rate of 30%.

Sales Tax
Imports into Algeria are subject to a standard VAT rate of 17%, levied on the sum of the CIF value, duty, and other applicable taxes. Some goods are exempt from VAT.'

Minimum thresholds
Personal imports which do not exceed 50,000 DA in FOB value, i.e. product value excluding shipping and insurance cost, are free from duty and taxes.
Commercial imports pay all duty and taxes regardless of their value.
Other taxes and customs fees
Various products are subject to additional taxes at specific rates, i.e. based on units of measure. They include the following:
Additional Tobacco Tax
Alcohol Tax
Cereals Pulses Tax
Duty on Broadcasting Equipment
Duty on Battery
Fuel Tax
Internal Consumption Tax
Meat Health Tax
Oil Lubricant Tax
Plastic Bag Tax
Tax on Petroleum Products
Tyre Tax

https://www.dutycalculator.com/country-guides/Import-duty-taxes-when-importing-into-Algeria/

I don't know a lot about algerian imports.

The 30% tax on customs duty and 17% compounding VAT tax could be a big part of why shipping is expensive there.
michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:39:57 PM

Another suggestion I could give is that find some service where you can look for travellers going to your country who will be coming from the country you want to purchase the product from. They can buy it and bring the product to you and you just pay them the amount plus tips. I forgot what the name of the service is, but if I do find it I'll keep you posted. Since you just give tips, probably you won't spend too much.
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 11:23:15 AM

Here's a guide to why you should get a Ledger hardware wallet to keep your crypto safe, and how to get it: https://getcrypto.info/ledger/

Dude don't dig the old thread which is been already answered. I have informed that these kind of information many times in multiple threads which can be spread in many sections. Next time keep on mind if the answer already got by the op, you should not reply again and again.
kryptosklep_pl

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:48:10 PM

Try to buy from Poland - for example cost of the Ledger Nano S there is £70 - shipping to UK from Poland via DPD or GLS standart is £16 =   £86  
lowest price on ebay.co.uk I found was £96 including delivery from locals. Check Ledger retailers
FIFA worldcup

Activity: 1134
Merit: 105

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2019, 03:24:14 PM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (1)

http://www.ledger-deals.com/
Deals and Promo code for Ledger wallets

Instead of going for the cheapest nano ledger you should always focus on quality and the best way to do is to order Ledger wallets from their official sites. only this way you will be  sure that you get the most secure wallet. These days many scam wallets are in the market which are a copy of Ledger wallet and they sell in cheap to get hold of your private key as virus is already inserted in them.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: