Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:46:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spending bitcoins on a car. Car depreciate while Bitcoin appreciates.  (Read 416 times)
horrifiedx1

Activity: 602
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 02:24:21 PM

U go to buy a car with bitcoins but to find out ur car depreciate in 3 years. While holding onto bitcoins the value of ur bitcoins appreciate. Just a speculation. Taking risk at an extreme. Trading ur bitcoins for a car. Hah . But Bitcoin doesn't always sky rocket in value every 3 years. Or does it.

You have a point right here, but you should remember that human lives depreciate as well. We cannot hodl our crypto for a finite period of time. We have somehow to invest and create some value for our lives that will make it a better environment and easier our daily activities.
someone has wants and needs. of course it may be taken if we are able to buy it and take care of it. I think the depreciation value must be there, because car investment is a declining investment. but in terms of function, the car might be able to facilitate our real activities every day. and I think we already know the positives and negatives of that action

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yulchatar

Activity: 910
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 02:46:23 PM

We can't keep our bitcoins forever if we need money or things right now. Of course, later, when the price of bitcoin starts to grow, you will be sorry for the spent cryptocurrency. But during this time you will earn some money with the help of a car or it will make your life easier. Moreover, if we actively use bitcoin, and not store it, it will work and increase its value.
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 03:29:19 PM

We can't keep our bitcoins forever if we need money or things right now. Of course, later, when the price of bitcoin starts to grow, you will be sorry for the spent cryptocurrency. But during this time you will earn some money with the help of a car or it will make your life easier. Moreover, if we actively use bitcoin, and not store it, it will work and increase its value.

it is hard for someone to keep some coin specially if the person has some needs and wants in their life, even the person wants to store some of it. The best thing to do is as long as you dont need something important do not go for it.
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 04:05:59 PM

Some cars hold their value really well and even go up in value especially rare editions.  Cars like the Laferrari, f40, Mclaren f1, and others have skyrocketed past their regular purchasing price.  Your normal cars like mercedes benz will plummet like a rock though, I always recommend buying used over new.
Akoldi_ibk

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 07:10:23 PM

U go to buy a car with bitcoins but to find out ur car depreciate in 3 years. While holding onto bitcoins the value of ur bitcoins appreciate. Just a speculation. Taking risk at an extreme. Trading ur bitcoins for a car. Hah . But Bitcoin doesn't always sky rocket in value every 3 years. Or does it.
As far as one is buying the car for a purpose, or for a need, I think it's worthwhile buying it will bitcoin. Though it will depreciate, but it will serve its purpose. And on the other hand, no one really knows what bitcoin price will be like in 3 years. We are just being optimistic and hopefully it favours. Everything in play is a risk

───[  KUWA  ]───
─────────────[  Securely Connect Smart Contracts with Real-World Data and APIs ]─────────────
───[  KUWA.ai  ]───
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1240

View Profile
January 31, 2019, 08:09:11 PM

As far as one is buying the car for a purpose, or for a need, I think it's worthwhile buying it will bitcoin. Though it will depreciate, but it will serve its purpose. And on the other hand, no one really knows what bitcoin price will be like in 3 years. We are just being optimistic and hopefully it favours. Everything in play is a risk

Yes i agree, cars are really a tool, a transportation device to get us from A to B,
I always buy cheap cars and when they are no longer economically viable to run
I buy another cheap car so I wouldnt have a problem buying a cheap car with
bitcoin but I wouldn't buy an exotic car or a car which would loose substantial
value. Personal preferences i suppose.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀