Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:31:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we stop promoting scam project?  (Read 26925 times)
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 04:08:34 PM

I think that the forum administration has a lot of tools to prevent the emergence and spread of scam projects. I am sure that the existence of such projects blackens the reputation of the forum and administrators should try to identify them.
Which tools are you talking about? the forum administrators are not super human. They are human being like you. If you understand how well some scam project have packaged their advertisement in the past, you will understand it is very difficult for anybody to discover some scam project. I took part in Denaro campaign being managed by a senior member and to be honest with you, nobody can believe the project is a scam one. Those scammers behind the project are very intelligent. You will not know their aim until you are defrauded.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moynul2050

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 04:46:59 PM

to prevent scam projects from happening, we as investors or as bounty hunters should be more thorough in analyzing an ICO project so that. scam projects have no chance to commit fraud.
thefoex

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 04:52:04 PM

Most of the bounty hunters do not get payment despite their hard working and some gets a little with shit token. Can we prevent it? Just an idea.

What if we everybody stop to promote a project which offers only token?
For launching a project, the project owner or developer should have some money to promote the project. Say for example- they have to escrow a minimum of 40% of the bounty allocation in term of usd or btc. Only then we can prevent scam ico and bounty hunter will get their money. Can we start following this rule?

if they have that much money they will not seek development funds. so it seems impossible, unless they use STO. I see how STO works almost like you suggested.
so like we will never be able to stop, we do not know the project is true or fraud before it happened.
Sundaey

Activity: 518
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 09:02:36 PM

Lovely idea is all I see here, but the issue is that do you think this is possible at all in anyway? People are many now in bounty than what can be easily control or dictate for. I wish everyone can think of this but there must be coordinators to make this work.
tenakha

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 10:16:09 PM

Most of the bounty hunters do not get payment despite their hard working and some gets a little with shit token. Can we prevent it? Just an idea.

For launching a project, the project owner or developer should have some money to promote the project. Say for example- they have to escrow a minimum of 40% of the bounty allocation in term of usd or btc. Only then we can prevent scam ico and bounty hunter will get their money. Can we start following this rule?
But you look at this from your side. 40% of the amount bounty allocates is not even 1-2% of the money they stole from the investors. Besides when the project does not start to collect money, I do not think they will afford it.
marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2019, 10:56:53 PM

That is a good idea. Because recently we have a huge disappointment on the bounty campaign rewards because of its no value upon receiving and even turned out to be a scam bounty project.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
CoinCollect

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 11:02:04 PM

It is almost impossible to fight against scammers. They will still appear. Your idea is good, but hard to put into practice. After all, all bounty hunters can not unite in order to resist the scammers. There will still be those who will support such a project.
abojamal

Activity: 322
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 11:05:01 PM

I fully agree to this requirement
But I know that its application will be very difficult and in the end this is the work of the forum management
What do the bounty hunters ?
I think their role is important and they have to raise their awareness
And learn how to evaluate the project before joining its campaign.

POZESS
Photo Sharing Social Marketplace That Rewards its Users
✦ ────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  YouTube ♦  Reddit ♦  Bitcointalk   ──────── ✦
marcitosi

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 11:14:14 PM

I think we should stop fraudulent projects because it is we who help them raise money for ordinary investors.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████ BITZON ███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ First Marketplace Powered by the Blockchain ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●[/url]
https://bitzon.io/
ricatop

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 11:18:53 PM

Throw everything away if we want the fraudulent projects to no longer advance, then you need to completely remove startups from this market.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●  AZ FundChain  ●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●
FINANCIAL INCLUSION THROUGH DECENTRALIZED MONEY CIRCLES
http://beta.azfundchain.io
Cryptrx

Activity: 498

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 11:23:26 PM

No one knowingly promote scam project except he/she is part of the ring. I'm in support of escrowing bounty tokens because bounty hunters have been through a lot in cases where projects blatantly refuse to pay them after a successful ico.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND •
kogozer714
Copper Member

Activity: 593
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 11:29:19 PM

I think that is a good idea but how to stop the scam project Huh
  we all bounty hunters from the project in this forum only work and there is no element of force to take part in a project, and I think the moderators in the forum have done the best thing and it will not be in doubt
Raizou

Activity: 758

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 11:36:53 PM

Well, it is impossible to avoid being cheated even in situations with no tokens, because as there are people who do not pay, there are cheaters, in addition, the concept of token is already quite spread among people and anyone can produce their token without specific knowledge some, then with this situation you need to be more rigorous and try to understand the logic of the projects you choose to disclose, if you are demanding and honest with yourself, will reduce the chances of working for free.
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 11:41:26 PM

Scams on our bitcointalk forum is always expose and busted all the time so theres no need to worry about it .  we aint promoting scam but we are only promoting legit projects  . its just the problem of the bounty hunters or the owners itself because they sometimes have their own issues and result for delayed payments .

In rare cases , we didnt know that the project is scam because they are paying at the whole campaign period but after how many months and years their true colors could come out .
crenfrosck

Activity: 470
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2019, 11:52:02 PM

I like your idea, but a perfect cooperation with a thousands of people is really problematic. We do not know them- some of them can be in real financial troubles and promoting shady but sucessful projects (in short-term) can help them with quite big problems. However, in my opinion, there are way less people in comparison with the start of the last year. The market is bloody and people with worthless coins would rather quit than promote bad projects- this is what happened actually. Give it a time, it needs just a single man to make a bounty like this and no participant would lower their standards after a participation in that project. Others will be pushed to a wall and without copying this method they might be left for dead by bounty hunters. Only time will tell if this is going to happen, but I am down for it  Grin!

=====================================================
BILLCRYPT - CREATING HISTORY
=====================================================
cajuelan

Activity: 197

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 12:05:55 AM

Could be a good idea but unless bounty hungers stop participating in those bounties, they will keep coming up.
Yes! But we can't stop them by joining and joining a lot of scam bounties, We all know that the more you have bounties the more chance of gaining profits.

▂▆●● SynchrotronCoin.org - Payment solution - Airdrops live NOW!●●▆▂
playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 01:06:58 AM

Could be a good idea but unless bounty hungers stop participating in those bounties, they will keep coming up.
Yes! But we can't stop them by joining and joining a lot of scam bounties, We all know that the more you have bounties the more chance of gaining profits.
Promotion is important for good product but how it's going to be happen in the future is not known by anyone if it is a scam then we don't do anything against that leaving that project will be the good idea for anyone to make his field more useful.

repear7

Activity: 1026
Merit: 110

Need Bounty manager ? Contact @repear71

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 01:42:56 AM

The problem that is happening right now is too complicated, so many ICO projects are deceiving investors so that the bounty hunters get nothing. In my opinion, choosing a project that uses escrow services to put some of the funds they have is a good idea, we see it so hard find this out right now.
martabaktelor

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 01:52:48 AM

If there are regulations, I think the scam project can be lost. And there are third parties who are supervisors for all projects. So that this fraud project can be detected and all investors or bounty hunters can avoid it.
residivis

Activity: 443
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 30, 2019, 02:01:48 AM

for the solution to this problem I think we are also difficult to do, because every project that we think is good has a target that they have to achieve. at this time there are so many good projects but not infrequently also from them they don't reach the specified target, so they stop the project. people who still lack experience from altcoin consider it fraud. so it's better they don't jump on altcoins because that's how altcoins work.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: